lju713

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Settle for me

BOTTOM LINE

Settle has rare gifts for a big man with good mass, play strength, quickness, and agility. His substantial jump in production in 2017 was due to weight loss and additional conditioning that allowed him to play more snaps and play faster. He's a disruptive, versatile defensive lineman who offers enough pass rush potential to warrant reps on passing downs. Settle is a natural 4-3 fit but can play in a 3-4 as well. He has the potential to become a very good starter with a Pro Bowl ceiling if he controls his weight and maintains his conditioning.

31 minutes ago, AndySG said:

Not Payne. I'm biased against Bama defenders by this point. I remember the A'shawn Robinson, Jaraun Reed, Reggie Ragland love too. 

(Saying that, I still love Minkah)

You make some good points.  Not a word from these guys now. Skill guys I usually like more from Bama because the linemen seem to always be part of the whole package of big, strong, Bama-system products & their success at the next level seems harder to determine for me personally as I am not a professional scout.  I actually like Payne but not as much as a few others.

Our staff may see something in Payne so I defer to them obviously.

25 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

You make some good points.  Not a word from these guys now. Skill guys I usually like more from Bama because the linemen seem to always be part of the whole package of big, strong, Bama-system products & their success at the next level seems harder to determine for me personally as I am not a professional scout.  I actually like Payne but not as much as a few others.

Our staff may see something in Payne so I defer to them obviously.

He's obviously good. I don't think he's going to be a bust or anything but just a guy rather than this stud that raises our defensive line to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

If you think Tre is better than Roquan idk what to tell you man.

Here is why:

Smith: played three years at UGA

Tre: played 3 at VT

Solo tackles: Smith had 146. Tre had 112

Ast tackles: Smith had 106. Tre had 101.

Tackle for loss: Smith had 20.5.  Tre had 33.

Sacks: Smith had 6.5. Tre had 10.

Int: Smith had 0. Tre had 1.

Pass defended:  Smith had 3. Tre had 5.

FF: Smith 3. Tre had 1.

FR: both had 3.

Tre is 6'5 255lbs and Smith is 6'1 and alot lighter. Also Tre played in 6 fewer games then Smith did. That's half a season. Also Tre is 20 years old right now. Tre gets the nod for me everyday if the week. Not say Smith isn't good (he reminds me of darron Lee) I'm just saying I think Tre will be better. 

6 minutes ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Here is why:

Tre is 6'5 255lbs and Smith is 6'1 and alot lighter. Also Tre played in 6 fewer games then Smith did. That's half a season. Also Tre is 20 years old right now. Tre gets the nod for me everyday if the week. Not say Smith isn't good (he reminds me of darron Lee) I'm just saying I think Tre will be better. 

Good stuff.  They are both incredibly energetic & talented assets.  I watched Smith more than Tre obviously so I was more aware of how he affected the game.  This opens my eyes up to study Tre more closely however.

1 hour ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Here is why:

He's def a beast, no one has his size and speed. But after watching Roquan in my biased opinion that is I'd give him the nod. He just never got caught in pick plays. And always made the stop when UGA needed it most. (Check the Rose bowl)

5 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He's def a beast, no one has his size and speed. But after watching Roquan in my biased opinion that is I'd give him the nod. He just never got caught in pick plays. And always made the stop when UGA needed it most. (Check the Rose bowl)

My only gripe on Edmunds is what kind of LB is he. 3-4 rush, 4-3 will or strong. Jack of all trades type like Jamie Collins/Vic Beasley?? But a good problem to have nonetheless 

Edited by lju713

7 hours ago, Shagpill 2.0 said:

Here is why:

The kicker for me is his ability to get off blocks and take on olineman on the 2nd level.Edumunds by miles from what I've seen.I like what I've seen from Edmunds.

On 2/24/2018 at 4:25 AM, Slappywhite said:

I like Bryan in rd 1 ,  Payne in rd 2 , and Settle in 3 , depends on who goes where when and where we go when . I agree Vea will be gone.  

You are about a round off on the last 2 as Payne will probably go in round 1 before Bryan and Settle will be a tough get at our 2nd pick he might not make it there.  

18 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I think we won't be drafting a DT in the 1st because we have don't really have a need. 

How in the world do you not see DT as a need?   Grady Jarrett is the only DT on the ENTIRE ROSTER.  Meaning you are going to have him play both DT positions this coming season?    Every other DT we had last year is a FA and is not under contract that includes Poe, Upshaw, Garland, and Rubin.   How you don't think it's a need and think 1 guy can play 2 DT spots at the same time has me clueless. 

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

It's an interesting one actually if it were me Shelby or Reed thanks for coming and a 4th rounder as a sweetener and then draft Tavern Bryan.

Swapping the Levitre deal know **** to the know but if so that would leave you no choice but to draft Wynn in the first.

13 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

How in the world do you not see DT as a need?   Grady Jarrett is the only DT on the ENTIRE ROSTER.  Meaning you are going to have him play both DT positions this coming season?    Every other DT we had last year is a FA and is not under contract that includes Poe, Upshaw, Garland, and Rubin.   How you don't think it's a need and think 1 guy can play 2 DT spots at the same time has me clueless. 

I would like to see what Shelby and Upshaw could do. Poe would be icing

we AINT spending a top pick on one doe!

Which teams ahead of us would seriously start the run on DTs in round 1? Panthers might want to replace Star for example. Might have to indeed trade up for a guy like Vea if you are serious about grabbing him.

Questions are price to move up 10 spots or so vs staying at 26; considering we only have 6 picks again this year? Do we try a trade up for Vea; for example and let Poe walk(?), while trading back in round 3 for another 4th etc to pick up the lost pick? Or is Payne potentially falling to 26 and given he is younger than VV and close to our DL coach Bryant Young's build; etc, does that and Quinn's ability to make the most of best DT remaining help us stand our ground? They are gurus.

Given the uncertainty of Poe being back at this point and the sheer number of bodies as FAs on the DL currently that is where we stand for biggest needs.

Interior OL, Jake's cap hit changing soon (it'd be crazy to keep his hit at 12mil if you plan to keep him anyway at least drop his 2018 hit win an extension like we plan to do with Ryan) and also FB concerns simply don't warrant high draft picks compared to DL. We all know it's a need considering red zone ended our year (despite the run D losing its junk for one drive vs Eagles on their one TD and the Kneeanu INT)

That said, we still have to bring in much more legitimate projections and overall competition to our interior OL. We have control of Ty as a 3rd OT for another year. What about Harlow, Andy's cap hit/injury, and Wes projecting to start again with hopes of another offseason of S&C'ing being enough?

We can win with D or stay in more games than 2016, but our needs at WR depth for another actual outside guy instead of tiny Gabriel and Sanu being defacto inside guy leaves more to be desired. Thats on top of the core blocking "execution" problem causing this inability to run in red zone. So much worse than 2016 rush offense from Chester/DiMarco then Levitre at year's end. So we gotta give the offense a good look in rounds 2-4 in areas of playmaker even if we value the DL overhaul situation as the bigger need.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

16 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

You are about a round off on the last 2 as Payne will probably go in round 1 before Bryan and Settle will be a tough get at our 2nd pick he might not make it there.  

I actually am afraid of Payne ,  his numbers are so low , I know DTs numbers dont always tell the entire story , but they do tell some of the story. 

On 2/24/2018 at 0:23 AM, lju713 said:

Taven Bryan,Tim Settle,Hurst,and maybe Payne should all be available at 26. I didn't mention Vita because he will be long gone. After looking at film on a few, I think Bryan is what this defense needs at DT. Relentless,high energy,motor,and high football IQ.

Settle is a dancing bear and reminds me of Poe coming out.

The sleeper DT for me and im not being a homer is Trenton Thompson(UGA). I think he should have went back to school to refine his already good skills. Nevertheless he declared and Quinn can coach him up.

Thoughts?

On Trenton Thompson, I agree he is a sleeper and He should have went back to school. I think one of his biggest issue so far that has slowed his development is injuries. He didn’t participate is the offseason strength and conditioning at all when he was at UGA. He was always having surgery. This would have been his first season where he entered the offseason healthy and I believe would have made a huge difference. 

Edited by rbrick28