MLB Spring Training Thread

Falconsfan567

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nats are still talking with Arrieta. Belief is theyll  jump if his price comes down a little bit. Harper, Murphy and Gio are all in the final year of their deals so the Nats want to go all out to win now.

It would be so hilarious if they signed him and still didn't win the World Series. Heck, they've never even won a single playoff series. For all the crap they talk every year and their "fans" talk about all the Braves failures the Nats are on the verge of having to go into a new rebuilding effort without a single thing to show for all those losing years and top 10 picks they had prior to 2012.

Nationals 2017 1st round pick Seth Romero has been kicked out of Spring Training. Romero violated team policy in some way. He was regarded as an easy top 10 pick before he was kicked off the University of Houston baseball team prior to the draft. This led to his drop and the Nationals taking a chance. Romero has long been flagged for character issue concerns.

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Kevin Cash is going to a 4-man rotation with a bullpen day sprinkled in when needed. So it appears Cash is trying to build a time machine and go back in time.

Linkage

I love it. With a 10-day DL, regular built-in days off in the schedule, and a local AAA team to use and abuse, I wouldn't be upset if the Braves tried it at some point as well.

7 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I love it. With a 10-day DL, regular built-in days off in the schedule, and a local AAA team to use and abuse, I wouldn't be upset if the Braves tried it at some point as well.

Yeah, I like the idea as well. Used to be common place for the Braves as late as 91. Now with the schedule being the way it is with so many off days built into it, 10-day DL, and in the Braves case Gwinnett being 20 minutes away, well there's honesty no reason not to do it.

Btw, did you see the comments from folks? Lots of Kevin Cash bashing going on calling it a stupid idea, ECT, ECT.