Braves @ Mets, Spring training game 1!

E. T.

Ahhhh...the beautiful sounds of baseball is back! The crack of a solid hit, the pop of a baseball caught in a glove! I have to say I've missed it!

I'm very excited for this game as we finally get to see some of these young top prospects go out and make a name for themselves. This is baseball at it's finest! 

Here's to a great and prosperous season! Go Braves!!!

This is a good time to mention that if you have T-Mobile (which I don't), you may be able to get MLB.tv for free. They ran the deal last year and apparently had it as a Tuesday deal last week. The expectation is that they'll run it at least twice more during the preseason.

13 hours ago, K26dp said:

Check out the Alex Jackson frame-job on that too.

I stayed up late and caught the first 1 1/2 innings before going to sleep. Typical Sean Newcomb inning. Extremely wild and then threw 3 pin-point perfect pitches to Correa to strike him out before going back to being wild. I also noticed, not sure if I noticed it last year or not, but Newcomb at times overthrows and his delievery gets out of wack. I don't know what causes that.

I saw the ABs by Acuna and Riley and I really do like both of their swings, especially Acuna's. Both are short and super fast to the point. Love it.

Watched this morning. It was my first shot at actually seeing Wright pitch in something besides college clips. Really, really good slider going, good enough to backfoot left-handed hitters. 

Soroka looked pretty good too, despite the HR to Guerrial. He was amped up at first and hanging some breaking balls early, but he settled down and was really spotting the fastball and change-up well.