Freeman's Thoughts on SB53

TheFalcoholic

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

alot of people are still mad about how this season ended and rightfully so. I want him to get healthy, he may not be ready for Ota’s.

Freeman can’t control what some silly fans (not you Cap, just in general) who have no clue are thinking....

yes, get healthy, get focused, and tune out the noise. 

Gotta put in the work on the field, that's right Julio Jones I'm talking to you specifically but the other players too, learn how to catch balls better. Mark my word, if the 2018 Falcons want to get to the Super Bowl, #1 we better make the right salary cap moves that's best for the team, #2 our DEFENSE is gonna have to carry the team, like the opposite of the 2016 Falcons when the offense carried us because Sarkisian is too young of a NFL OC to get on Shanahan's level who already had 10+ years of experience plus a dad who was an offensive mind as well. #3 we must stay healthy so hopefully the right strength and conditioning will prevent injuries. #4 talk is cheap, gotta show it on the field. The Falcons 2018 season could either be good or bad. Our AFC North seasons like 2002, 2006, 2010, and 2014 have either been good or bad. Only the 2002 Bucs and 2004 Eagles have gone to the Super Bowl playing the AFC North. The Falcons went 0-4 against the AFC North back in 2014, and it could easily be a disaster again. We've never won in Pittsburgh. We are 3-11 against Cleveland in the series and for some reason they always catch the Falcons in their best years. We are 1-9 at home against the AFC since 2013, which makes the Ravens and Bengals not guaranteed wins either. So we better be careful. 

Well #1,...it's come to the time when there's no wasting time talking, worrying or anything regarding contracts, size of payout, etc. The money is there and it's really moot after zillions of dollars contracts. Free has his payday and is just being what is today's athletes.

#2,...agreed. But not because of Sark. The O-line must be addressed. Levitre and Mack are old. The interior of the line was pushed around waaaay too much and Free didn't reach 1,000 yds for that reason.

#3,...obvious to success and it appears the Falcons have been lucky or do have a great conditioning program.

#4,...talk is cheap but,...talk is the what today's athletes do.

Man, a lot of hate here against our own players.  Love Free and his competitiveness.  The offseason is where the work is put in, good to see complacency will not be an issue.

Past is in the past.  People still complaining about him whiffing on the block...he was one of the huge reasons we were there in the first place and while the whiffed block sucked, it did, it was not the sole reason we lost SB51.  People need to move on already.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

Man, a lot of hate here against our own players.  Love Free and his competitiveness.  The offseason is where the work is put in, good to see complacency will not be an issue.

Past is in the past.  People still complaining about him whiffing on the block...he was one of the huge reasons we were there in the first place and while the whiffed block sucked, it did, it was not the sole reason we lost SB51.  People need to move on already.

I agree....but dangit.

50 minutes ago, Penumbra said:

Well #1,...it's come to the time when there's no wasting time talking, worrying or anything regarding contracts, size of payout, etc. The money is there and it's really moot after zillions of dollars contracts. Free has his payday and is just being what is today's athletes.

#2,...agreed. But not because of Sark. The O-line must be addressed. Levitre and Mack are old. The interior of the line was pushed around waaaay too much and Free didn't reach 1,000 yds for that reason.

#3,...obvious to success and it appears the Falcons have been lucky or do have a great conditioning program.

#4,...talk is cheap but,...talk is the what today's athletes do.

Levitre has been performing very well since we traded for him a few years ago and he is not old by apparently NFL standards although he may be on the back end of his nfl career, as well as Mack.  But they still have at least 3-4 good years left I would believe.  When you take into account that this team has had quite a few seasoned veterans that have performed well after turning 30, its not impossible to see that these two can still be effective for a few more years.  Todd Weiner played until he was 33, Todd McClure played until he was 36, and Chris Chester played until right before his 34th birthday.  Age isn't always a surefire sign that their play is not worthy anymore, and players today tend to play longer than they used to.  Injuries are what tend to shorten a career and we haven't had many players with ones like that from what I can see. Mack had a fractured ankle in the SB and still came back this year to play well.  Levitre suffered a torn triceps at the end of the year but still played well throughout the year.  I honestly hope that we can keep this line together rather than blowing it up and trying to get new faces in here at more than a few positions throughout the entire team.  Keeping Levitre (with a restructure) and drafting DT/OG in the first few rounds to me makes more sense because I just hate to see this team start signing expensive FAs when we have done so well developing young talent, especially on defense.  But i do feel we can keep a majority of our players while we develop replacements even if they are high round picks, rather than breaking the bank on free agents that will for sure keep us from being able to pay our own soon to be FAs because we cant afford them 

4 hours ago, athell said:

Yep, if Free was on another team, people would drool over his game and say ‘bring him home.’ But since he is a Falcon, the only logical thing to do is hang on one bad play and ignore how much he makes this offense what it is.