Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big_dog

Tougher Gun Laws - Yea or Nea

1,834 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Yeah that wouldn't be a humanitarian nightmare in the 1st world.  

You're talking about a guerrilla war in the United States. Pretending they wouldn't put you down with the tools they have available is just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

You're talking about a guerrilla war in the United States. Pretending they wouldn't put you down with the tools they have available is just silly.

Geneva would have a field day hauling everyone in for war crimes if they started droning civilian neighborhoods in the us.  Not to mention as flip said the police and military are in large numbers going to defend their families and friends rather than join this war on the side of uncle sam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rocko said:

Geneva would have a field day hauling everyone in for war crimes if they started droning civilian neighborhoods in the us.  Not to mention as flip said the police and military are in large numbers going to defend their families and friends rather than join this war on the side of uncle sam

We do that every day in the Middle East, my dude. Name one of our leaders in the Hague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

We do that every day in the Middle East, my dude. Name one of our leaders in the Hague.

Middle east vs 1st world 

Edited by Rocko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rocko said:

Middle east vs 1st world 

The government took out a couple far right wingnuts/cults/militias in the 90s. Namely Waco and Ruby Ridge. It's not that crazy to think they could do it again. I've always thought the idea that people have guns so they can protect themselves against the government is ridiculous because the government has way more firepower in the event that you and a few comrades decide to go up against them.

I guess if you feel strongly enough you get to die for your principles but what's that matter when you're dead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

The government took out a couple far right wingnuts/cults/militias in the 90s. Namely Waco and Ruby Ridge. It's not that crazy to think they could do it again. I've always thought the idea that people have guns so they can protect themselves against the government is ridiculous because the government has way more firepower in the event that you and a few comrades decide to go up against them.

I guess if you feel strongly enough you get to die for your principles but what's that matter when you're dead?

Those are people in bases out away from.populations not urban warfare 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Those are people in bases out away from.populations not urban warfare 

I think the people who are big on guns, to the point of daring the government to come and take them, are more likely to live in those rural areas than urban ones. On a whole, people in urban areas don't value guns that much.

But I do agree with you that the government will not wage warfare on a significant number of their populace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I think the people who are big on guns, to the point of daring the government to come and take them, are more likely to live in those rural areas than urban ones. On a whole, people in urban areas don't value guns that much.

But I do agree with you that the government will not wage warfare on a significant number of their populace

Maybe so but theres very much a possibility of a major uprising happened it would be more than "we got our rights" loonies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0