Players who need a change of scenery on every NFL team

The ESPN beat writers each picked a player from their team who could use a new team. Here is Vaughn McClure's pick for the Falcons

NFC SOUTH

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Atlanta Falcons

Running back Tevin Coleman

Not saying this will happen, with Coleman having one year left on his contract. But it's still hard to imagine the Falcons keeping Coleman and starter Devonta Freeman together after rewarding Freeman with an extension worth $8.25 million per year. Coleman, with 20 total touchdowns in three seasons, has trade value. I asked one high-ranking AFC evaluator about it: "Yes, he does have value. Great complement to a starter and he could fill the role as a starting running back. Great speed and athleticism. Only knock is he hasn't been their featured runner. Can't discount his ability to score [with] the football.'' -- Vaughn McClure

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180214/nfl-players-need-change-scenery-all-32-teams

That's a tough one to read.  Love me some Teco and I would hate to see him dressed in a different uniform.  It makes sense though given Free's contract and not wanting to have a ton of money wrapped up in the position.  It would be a shame to see him go, because I think this is an ideal situation for him in this particular RBBC with Freeman but at the same time Sark wasn't exactly playing to his strengths last year so I could see the want for him to move on.

Just now, Knight of God said:

I wanted to like him, but never could. You and I should talk sometime. Go back and look at how many good players have come from our PS and UDFA cuts. Lol!

Same.  I really...really...really wanted to believe in BHill but I could never hop on that train.  I agree with you though, gotta keep drafting at that position one of 'em will hit.

And yeah, we have made some nice splashes from PS/UDFA over the years.  It absolutely can be done.  I'm still a lil salty about losing Grace though...for Garrett Grayson...I will never understand that one bro.

5 hours ago, athell said:

That's a tough one to read.  Love me some Teco and I would hate to see him dressed in a different uniform.  It makes sense though given Free's contract and not wanting to have a ton of money wrapped up in the position.  It would be a shame to see him go, because I think this is an ideal situation for him in this particular RBBC with Freeman but at the same time Sark wasn't exactly playing to his strengths last year so I could see the want for him to move on.

He looks like what could have been if norwood had managed to stay healthy. Hes definitely one of our more exciting players

1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

He looks like what could have been if norwood had managed to stay healthy. Hes definitely one of our more exciting players

If Sark TRULY is our future, he needs to alternate starts this year between the two, min 160 carries, and whoever turns out to be our starter is it...the other one leaves. He could try out different plays based on which back was in and pick a direction

6 hours ago, athell said:

My fear is Freeman is just a concussion or two away from ending his career. I think Free was worth the money "IF" he was durable enough to run for several years, if not, then absolutely not. And I'm very afraid, given his style of running, he won't make it too long. So if we lost Teco next year, and Free gets to the point he is just going to have to hang it up soon, then it would really be a huge loss to the team. I know there's a lot of "ifs" in my comment.

37 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Sony Michael = TeCo clone. Pull the trigger 

I think Michel is a much more gifted runner than TeCo.

If we are being honest, TeCo goes down easily, has mediocre vision and doesn't make defenders miss (no shiftiness). His game is purely based on using his speed to get to the edge. I like the guy, but he's one dimensional and greatly overrated around here. I truly dont get the hate Free has gotten around here lately, especially considering he's clearly a better, more polished back than TeCo (Who has been getting nothing but love).