Dimitrov:focused on OG,FB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Well I think we tried the ol' plug and play at fb this year and it didn't go so well 

Maybe our dumb@sses should try putting Coleman and Freeman on the field at the same time instead of worrying about a FB. FB's are a dime a dozen and HOPEFULLY we will be throwing from shotgun or running from singleback sets this year SO MUCH that we just forget the FB

16 minutes ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Maybe our dumb@sses should try putting Coleman and Freeman on the field at the same time instead of worrying about a FB. FB's are a dime a dozen and HOPEFULLY we will be throwing from shotgun or running from singleback sets this year SO MUCH that we just forget the FB

Then why didn't our FB work?

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Let me just say......

Nevermind...

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Our draft positions really suck this year, we'll have to continue looking to fa's for help if we continue finishing in the top 8..some teams get creative with trade deals, TD isn't really big on trades from what I've witnessed.. Fa's it is, assuming we have decent cap space and upgrades are available 

Huh. The Falcons core will remain intact this offseason. They could literally add nobody and be better simply from continuity and development. Any contributors added this offseason are gravy. 

8 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

A FB brings an added dimension to the offense, kinda like what the TE position can do for an offense. It gives you options, but it takes a certain skilled person to know their roll. We the Falcons need a FB!

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

A FB brings an added dimension to the offense, kinda like what the TE position can do for an offense. It gives you options, but it takes a certain skilled person to know their roll. We the Falcons need a FB!

I agree.  We primarily use a zone blocking scheme.  Our OL's are on the light side.  A FB provides the extra blocker needed when a zone (or running lane) is not cleared.  A good FB, in this system, has to have the physical ability to collide/push a front seven defender backwards, but he also has to have great vision to see where the clearance needs to be.  

Coleman simply did not have the core strength to knock defenders on their a$$es, nor did he have the vision to see where to best put his body.  DiMarco could do both things at a high level, as well as catch the ball out of the backfield.  

7 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Our draft positions really suck this year, we'll have to continue looking to fa's for help if we continue finishing in the top 8..some teams get creative with trade deals, TD isn't really big on trades from what I've witnessed.

I think TD is one of the most active traders in the league.  NFL teams rarely trade players.  I don't know why that is so.  But, they certainly trade draft positions, and TD has a history of moving around in drafts.  

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Direct Quote:

Schweitzer allowed four sacks, six quarterback hits, and 29 combined pressures against Matt Ryan, recovering from a predictably shaky start to finish the season as more of an asset than a liability.”

Yeah, I think the author gave Wes a bit of a break with that comment.  

The whole point of finding a better RG is not to get rid of Wes.  Wes could actually develop into a good OG.  The point is that we have a window of opportunity right now.  We simply should not wait for Wes' learning curve to flatten.  We need a good RG NOW.  

1 hour ago, E. T. said:

Take ever play last year that we ran with a fullback and change it to a two back set with Cole and Free....we still think a fullback is better than that? Why not just make the Rookie we drafted from Fla last year a fullback? At least he'd see the field.

12 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Article about what our priorities are this off-season. There is a really good FB in this class, and a couple of players that would upgrade Coleman.

https://247sports.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/Bolt/Falcons-want-to-upgrade-fullback-guard-positions-114502625

A banana slug would be an upgrade over D. Coleman.

Edited by TNFalcon1