Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Thursday Night Football

18 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Should just get rid of Thursday night football TBH

True, but if it were up to the league, they would have football everyday.  Thought about friday but took away from people attending HS games, can't do saturday until close to end of the season because of college.  LOL $$$$ talk you know. 

2 hours ago, caponine said:

which means more troy aikman and joe buckk woohoo :lol: lol

Actually probably not, NFL isn't making FOX use their #1 team under this deal like they did with the CBS/NBC deal.

caponine likes this

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Sorry but I didn't see this posted anywhere, FOX is now going to broadcast Thursday Night Football for the next 5 years. No more CBS/NBC split. All games will be on FOX, none on FS1.

Link

Love it!! Who's gonna be the game broadcasters?

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Actually probably not, NFL isn't making FOX use their #1 team under this deal like they did with the CBS/NBC deal.

If Fox can land Peyton, that could be huge.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fox is trying to make TNF a football tradition like MNF.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:12 PM, 1989Fan said:

Should just get rid of Thursday night football TBH

If they could add a week to the season and give every team a second bye week before their Thursday game, they could both improve the quality of the Thursday game and give the players an extra break from wear and tear of a long season.

7 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

If they could add a week to the season and give every team a second bye week before their Thursday game, they could both improve the quality of the Thursday game and give the players an extra break from wear and tear of a long season.

I just don't know if they'll do that. They experiencemented with an 18 week regular season with 2 bye weeks schedule in 1993. It got major negative criticism so it was a 1-and-done. I mean it may work now if they do the schedule properly, but I have no doubt they're capable of doing that. They still schedule stupid things like giving a team a MNF game following a TNF game, making a team play MNF and then play on the west coast the next week and things of that nature. Things that should never happen.

FOX wanted a better slate of TNF games as part of them ponying up to get the games and they got their wish. The TNF lineup this year looks the best it's ever been.