Question to the mocker fockers

Tribal Chief

The most dominant guy I watched a few years ago was one that nobody was talking about at the time & there seemed to some interest in him at the time, but not nearly enough.

So I watched some highlights of him & then, after changing my underwear, I came back & began pouring over every single bit of material I could find. :ninja:

He jumped off the computer screen with explosiveness & strength & quickness & agility & power... I was drooling man.

I prayed we would draft him, but Aaron Donald went to the fkg Rams... :bang:

27 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

The most dominant guy I watched a few years ago was one that nobody was talking about at the time & there seemed to some interest in him at the time, but not nearly enough.

So I watched some highlights of him & then, after changing my underwear, I came back & began pouring over every single bit of material I could find. :ninja:

He jumped off the computer screen with explosiveness & strength & quickness & agility & power... I was drooling man.

I prayed we would draft him, but Aaron Donald went to the fkg Rams... :bang:

That was the draft that made me rethink need and what need is.

I do it for fun , Im rarely even close , but its fun netherless.  I look at what I see our needs are . watch a lot of college ball , and really like college recruitment.    TBH  I let the gurus tell me what the top 10 are by position , then watch and see which one fits what we do best , I like guys who are fighters ,. hate whiners , and look at me's . Guys who hustle and play against the best competition , no science , 

Edited by Slappywhite

3 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Highlights to get interested, then I use draftbreakdown and watch them to see how they actually play against competition. I try to stick to DL, OL, LBs, and RBs just because I can actually understand what I'm seeing better. A lot is still just intuition. But I feel like I can make pretty decent decisions overall.

Just do a search for [insert player name] 2017 and you can find those cut-ups with all plays from a game pretty easily. Like this:

Tbh this year I'm not doing nearly as much research...have actual research to do in a lab I'm working in, college work, girlfriend, social life, etc. That and it's exhausting when you're so invested in the Falcons...gonna try and just enjoy the season. Did that more this year and it panned out pretty well.

Few things:

1. Love Hercules. I watched a lot of Wazzu this year and he was all over the place.

2. Working in a lab? Yuck. It's for some people, but definitely not for me lol

16 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I caught Ballage while waiting on a  Bama game. He instafanned me. So you will see him in nearly every mock I create. That is all.

This is it for me.   I don't do too many mock drafts - usually just one.    However, the players that I get are the players that have caught my eye during the season.   I do watch the Senior Bowl and the North-South Shrine game - which usually gets me looking at a couple more.   I'm generally only looking at positions of need unless somebody has just swept me off my feet.   

The problem is - I get really pissed when someone takes them before us.   I really wanted Vince Wilfork, Hakim Nicks, Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, BJ Raji and a ton of others.  Some worked out in the NFL - some didn't.   I remember holding my breath for every pick hoping Maurkice Pouncey was going to fall to us - and then the Steelers jumped in front of us and grabbed him.   I was mad for months, lol!

Once I've got my eye locked on the ones I like - I read, watch and listen for everything I can find on them.

I also come here though - and look at the mock draft you guys do - and see if there is anyone I want to covet in my own mock :)

Vids, actual games as things narrow down and draft sites.

the hard part is predicting who the falcons will actually pick—not picking players you like for the falcons...that’s the point of a mock. 

To do so requires research of the scheme, coaches etc...

that said, if I guess one player a year in my 3-4 mocks, I’m stoked:D