Let me ask you this, are you more afraid of climate change or prison?

WhenFalconsWin

6 hours ago, toadfishtom said:

What a terrible choice :huh:

It's an easy choice.  Bring on the weather, I can handle that.  Prison is a different story though.  That would be one against many.  The weather/climate I can manage with seasonal clothes.  

Amazing how many people are scurred to answer this question.  

It's about the stupidest question ever posed on this board, which is saying a lot. I mean, you might as well ask "what's higher, buildings or octaves?"

But to answer the stupid question, climate change, no doubt. One, because I am not and will not be in prison, while climate change already affects and will continue to affect me and every other person on the planet, including my children. Two, because even if I went to prison, my children would still be safe, while climate change threatens not only to bring immediate physical impacts (e.g., more intense storms and sea level rise), but also to destabilize political regions and established systems (drinking water), increasing the potential for armed conflict and the the threats my children will face throughout their lifetimes. I'm not a coward, so the thought of me facing personal dangers in prison, however scary they may be, is far less important than the dangers my children and the rest of the world face from climate change, particularly those least equipped to deal with it.

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

It's about the stupidest question ever posed on this board, which is saying a lot. I mean, you might as well ask "what's higher, buildings or octaves?"

But to answer the stupid question, climate change, no doubt. One, because I am not and will not be in prison, while climate change already affects and will continue to affect me and every other person on the planet, including my children. Two, because even if I went to prison, my children would still be safe, while climate change threatens not only to bring immediate physical impacts (e.g., more intense storms and sea level rise), but also to destabilize political regions and established systems (drinking water), increasing the potential for armed conflict and the the threats my children will face throughout their lifetimes. I'm not a coward, so the thought of me facing personal dangers in prison, however scary they may be, is far less important than the dangers my children and the rest of the world face from climate change, particularly those least equipped to deal with it.

We've had more intense storms over 100 years ago.  So you mean more intense by claiming something that happened over 100 years ago then?  Also, the population density in those areas 75-100 years ago would have far outweighed the devastation we see today if those areas would've been as heavily populated as they are no.

One great thing though, we are such a wealthy nation we can help people now that struggle with water, food, and even their armed conflicts.  

35 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

We've had more intense storms over 100 years ago.  So you mean more intense by claiming something that happened over 100 years ago then?  Also, the population density in those areas 75-100 years ago would have far outweighed the devastation we see today if those areas would've been as heavily populated as they are no.

One great thing though, we are such a wealthy nation we can help people now that struggle with water, food, and even their armed conflicts.  

Literally nothing you post on this topic is worth reading.

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

As long as it isn't an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.