Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bad Losses

51 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

Not the greatest example in Miami's case. 

I'm up at halftime 17-0 against a bad team, on my own field, with Jay F'ing Cutler on the other side of it.  You're g-dam right I'm going to flip my lid when I end up losing 20-17. 

There's no such thing as 'over' reacting under certain circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Not the greatest example in Miami's case. 

I'm up at halftime 17-0 against a bad team, on my own field, with Jay F'ing Cutler on the other side of it.  You're g-dam right I'm going to flip my lid when I end up losing 20-17. 

There's no such thing as 'over' reacting under certain circumstances. 

I disagree. Bad losses happen all the time. Every good team loses a game they should win. I agree that it’s ok to be really mad when you lose a home game to a bad team. But fans become irrational. They call for Quinn’s head. They conclude that the season is over. The season obviously wasn’t over after the Miami game

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So many on this message board go absolutely ape **** when the Falcons struggle to beat a "bad opponent" or heaven forbid lose to a "bad opponent." They always talk about how that doesn't happen to teams like the Patriots. They always "take care of teams they should handle" blah, blah, blah. Well, check out this game from November 7, 2010.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses. Well the previously posted game was a blow out loss to a bad team. He's a blow out loss to a team that went 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses at home. Well here you go.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never get shut out. Wrong again!

Link

This game here wasn't even as close as the final score. Score was 27-10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Link

Here's another such "bad" loss.

Link

Another lopsided loss.

Link

Another thing posters on this message board line to point out is how the Patriots never get beat by "gimmick" players. WRONG!!! You might remember this game and a certain formation that the Dolphins did for the majority of the game that the Patriots had absolutely no answer for.

Link

The point is, I'm bored and decided to look up all these guys to point out how even the "greatest coach and QB ever and the all mighty New England Patriots" have their fair share of "bad losses" as well and how a little common sense would go a long ways towards making this place so much more enjoyable than the constant bitching and moaning about everything.

To me it's all about the matchups between teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

So many on this message board go absolutely ape **** when the Falcons struggle to beat a "bad opponent" or heaven forbid lose to a "bad opponent." They always talk about how that doesn't happen to teams like the Patriots. They always "take care of teams they should handle" blah, blah, blah. Well, check out this game from November 7, 2010.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses. Well the previously posted game was a blow out loss to a bad team. He's a blow out loss to a team that went 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses at home. Well here you go.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never get shut out. Wrong again!

Link

This game here wasn't even as close as the final score. Score was 27-10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Link

Here's another such "bad" loss.

Link

Another lopsided loss.

Link

Another thing posters on this message board line to point out is how the Patriots never get beat by "gimmick" players. WRONG!!! You might remember this game and a certain formation that the Dolphins did for the majority of the game that the Patriots had absolutely no answer for.

Link

The point is, I'm bored and decided to look up all these guys to point out how even the "greatest coach and QB ever and the all mighty New England Patriots" have their fair share of "bad losses" as well and how a little common sense would go a long ways towards making this place so much more enjoyable than the constant bitching and moaning about everything.

Big difference in us and the Pats. They have 5 SBs and we have none. They might be the greatest franchise ever and we're the Keystone Cops. Even when we make it to the SB, we lose in historic Falcon fashion. THAT'S the difference. Get 5 SBs under our belt and maybe I will cut this team some slack. Until then, Bomani Jones said it best:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuego said:

Big difference in us and the Pats. They have 5 SBs and we have none. They might be the greatest franchise ever and we're the Keystone Cops. Even when we make it to the SB, we lose in historic Falcon fashion. THAT'S the difference. Get 5 SBs under our belt and maybe I will cut this team some slack. Until then, Bomani Jones said it best:

 

 

**** Bomani Jones!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

**** Bomani Jones!!!

There's not a Falcons' fan that can logically disagree with anything he said in that video. We all know that's the way it is until they prove it different. Not only haven't they proven it different, they had the worst historical fail imaginable for a team when they finally looked to be over the hump. Falcons gonna Falcon. When they finally don't, I'll be the first to praise them for it. 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, fuego said:

There's not a Falcons' fan that can logically disagree with anything he said in that video. We all know that's the way it is until they prove it different. Not only haven't they proven it different, they had the worst historical fail imaginable for a team when they finally looked to be over the hump. Falcons gonna Falcon. When they finally don't, I'll be the first to praise them for it. 

Has nothing to do with that video and everything to do with Bomani Jones. I ain't never liked that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 11:44 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

But here's the thing.  If the Falcons won those two games then they would have won the division and had a home playoff game.  So in the end those losses count.

I think you also need to put this season into context.  Many people weren't over the Superbowl loss and may never be.  Those two losses were probably the first real indication to those fans that the Falcons weren't going to redeem themselves and the Super Choke was going to be the defining moment of the franchise.  Of course people are going to over-react in that situation.

And this is the message board.  People honestly think a guard we draft with the 1st pick is going to come in here and give us an o-line like the Eagles had.  People are delusional around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But here's the thing.  If the Falcons won those two games then they would have won the division and had a home playoff game.  So in the end those losses count.

I think you also need to put this season into context.  Many people weren't over the Superbowl loss and may never be.  Those two losses were probably the first real indication to those fans that the Falcons weren't going to redeem themselves and the Super Choke was going to be the defining moment of the franchise.  Of course people are going to over-react in that situation.

And this is the message board.  People honestly think a guard we draft with the 1st pick is going to come in here and give us an o-line like the Eagles had.  People are delusional around here.

Even if the Falcons had a home playoff game, might have still ended up with the same playoff result. Falcons did win a playoff game, a road playoff game.

Also, the folks that are always the most bent out of shape around here are always the ones with unrealistic expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 2:38 PM, athell said:

Who cares about the Patriots?  I don't.  I sure as heck don't care enough to click into those dozen links...

It took you all that research to realize the Patriots are human?  Friend, I could have saved you the trouble...

Couldn’t have said it better myself!

Well... maybe I could have but.. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Even if the Falcons had a home playoff game, might have still ended up with the same playoff result. Falcons did win a playoff game, a road playoff game.

Also, the folks that are always the most bent out of shape around here are always the ones with unrealistic expectations.

Well there you have it.  Expectations are subjective.

Some people around here are very optimistic when it comes to the Falcons... like expecting Sark is going to have substantial improvement in year 2.

To me,  Sark isn't going to have the same massive improvement in talent that Shanahan had going into his 2nd year so I don't expect substantial improvement.  Hopefully the execution will be better but I don't expect his game planning and play calling to take a substantial jump.  

But expecting to beat the Dolphins,  with Jay Cutler, after a bye week wasn't unrealistic.  

Let's take this in context and out of the two which seemed like it would have been more unlikely.

1.  Beat the Dolphins.

2.  Not score a point offensively from halftime of the Dolphins game until the 4th quarter of the next game.

Even though this actually happened, and I know better now, I would have thought #2 would have been more unlikely.  So I felt people had good reason to freak out after the Dolphins loss and especially after the Pats game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 11:51 AM, athell said:

 

lmao, I agree.  I have also come to realize that no levels of common sense or fact will ever dissuade them from their awful opinions.

ECHO CHAMBER

ECHO CHAMBER

ECHO CHAMBER

ECHO CHAMBER

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 7:12 PM, fuego said:

Big difference in us and the Pats. They have 5 SBs and we have none. They might be the greatest franchise ever and we're the Keystone Cops. Even when we make it to the SB, we lose in historic Falcon fashion. THAT'S the difference. Get 5 SBs under our belt and maybe I will cut this team some slack. Until then, Bomani Jones said it best:

 

 

I don’t give a **** what that whiny assed clown has to say.

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I don’t give a **** what that whiny assed clown has to say.

And as I said to the last person that said that:

There's not a Falcons' fan that can logically disagree with anything he said in that video. We all know that's the way it is until they prove it different. Not only haven't they proven it different, they had the worst historical fail imaginable for a team when they finally looked to be over the hump. Falcons gonna Falcon. When they finally don't, I'll be the first to praise them for it. 

To add, I'll qualify that with long time Falcons' fan. As one who has been one since the very beginning, always been that way and hasn't changed yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fuego said:

And as I said to the last person that said that:

There's not a Falcons' fan that can logically disagree with anything he said in that video. We all know that's the way it is until they prove it different. Not only haven't they proven it different, they had the worst historical fail imaginable for a team when they finally looked to be over the hump. Falcons gonna Falcon. When they finally don't, I'll be the first to praise them for it. 

To add, I'll qualify that with long time Falcons' fan. As one who has been one since the very beginning, always been that way and hasn't changed yet. 

I just think it's a chick**** way of being a fan. I'm not gonna get my hopes up and cheer on my team because they always fail. Once they prove me wrong then I'll be a fan.

That's exactly what Bomani is saying and well, I don't roll like that. I go into every game expecting a Falcons win and am disappointed when it doesn't happen. Those are my expectations. Must be pretty miserable to be a fan and go into every game expecting a loss and not being able to celebrate and be happy unless they win. How can you watch the game and actually enjoy it if you're always expecting the worst?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just think it's a chick**** way of being a fan. I'm not gonna get my hopes up and cheer on my team because they always fail. Once they prove me wrong then I'll be a fan.

That's exactly what Bomani is saying and well, I don't roll like that. I go into every game expecting a Falcons win and am disappointed when it doesn't happen. Those are my expectations. Must be pretty miserable to be a fan and go into every game expecting a loss and not being able to celebrate and be happy unless they win. How can you watch the game and actually enjoy it if you're always expecting the worst?

You just made a whole post of stuff I never said. I was answering your OP about why some of us are so hard on the Falcons when we do something that that Pats do too. We're a whole different world than the Pats. I'll take the fails and cut them some slack with 5 SBs in our history too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP's point is a good one. Unfortunately, many people arent all that likely to be rational or evidence-based when talking about football. In situations following losses, they just want to be angry and will say all sorts of stuff, regardless of truth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 9:13 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

**** Bomani Jones!!!

Lets take it easy there, brosef. 

We must forgive Brother Jones for his Falcons beef. It comes from the right place and is a sort of emotional callous. 

You can be darn sure that dude was hurting at the end of that Super Bowl. He'll never admit it....but he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 3:00 PM, PokerSteve said:

Mad that if 99.9999999999999% of the posters in TATF are stupid, then you only have a .00000000000001% chance of not being one of the stupid posters in here obviously.

 

 

The s is too funny! Must be great being lonely! J/k

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fuego said:

You just made a whole post of stuff I never said. I was answering your OP about why some of us are so hard on the Falcons when we do something that that Pats do too. We're a whole different world than the Pats. I'll take the fails and cut them some slack with 5 SBs in our history too. 

What I just said is basically what Bomani is saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What I just said is basically what Bomani is saying.

I just mean he's right about the fails and how everything is looking good and when you least expect it, here comes the fail again. And like I said, I just don't think the comparison to the Pats is valid because of the 5 SBs. But other than that, I root for the Falcons all the way, I don't expect them to lose (which makes it much harder when they do). I'm just keeping it real about how they are. It can be very frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites