Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Bad Losses

51 posts in this topic

So many on this message board go absolutely ape **** when the Falcons struggle to beat a "bad opponent" or heaven forbid lose to a "bad opponent." They always talk about how that doesn't happen to teams like the Patriots. They always "take care of teams they should handle" blah, blah, blah. Well, check out this game from November 7, 2010.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses. Well the previously posted game was a blow out loss to a bad team. He's a blow out loss to a team that went 1-and-done in the playoffs.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never suffer blow out losses at home. Well here you go.

Link

They also like to talk about how teams like the Patriots never get shut out. Wrong again!

Link

This game here wasn't even as close as the final score. Score was 27-10 at the start of the 4th quarter.

Link

Here's another such "bad" loss.

Link

Another lopsided loss.

Link

Another thing posters on this message board line to point out is how the Patriots never get beat by "gimmick" players. WRONG!!! You might remember this game and a certain formation that the Dolphins did for the majority of the game that the Patriots had absolutely no answer for.

Link

The point is, I'm bored and decided to look up all these guys to point out how even the "greatest coach and QB ever and the all mighty New England Patriots" have their fair share of "bad losses" as well and how a little common sense would go a long ways towards making this place so much more enjoyable than the constant bitching and moaning about everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

Who cares about the Patriots?  I don't.  I sure as heck don't care enough to click into those dozen links...

It took you all that research to realize the Patriots are human?  Friend, I could have saved you the trouble...

Thread./

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, athell said:

Who cares about the Patriots?  I don't.  I sure as heck don't care enough to click into those dozen links...

It took you all that research to realize the Patriots are human?  Friend, I could have saved you the trouble...

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

Our fans overreact to literally everything...

JD dirtybird21 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, athell said:

Who cares about the Patriots?  I don't.  I sure as heck don't care enough to click into those dozen links...

It took you all that research to realize the Patriots are human?  Friend, I could have saved you the trouble...

I know the Patriots are human. You clearly missed the point of the thread. The point is that the majority of the posters here are stupid and I used the Patriots to make my point.

Vandy and athell like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

Thank you for realizing what the point of the thread is.

Also, it's the offseason and it took me literally only 10 minutes to do the research.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Thread./

99.9999999999999999999999% of the posters on this message board that ***** and moan like little school girls about everything.

athell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I know the Patriots are human. You clearly missed the point of the thread. The point is that the majority of the posters here are stupid and I used the Patriots to make my point.

 

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

99.9999999999999999999999% of the posters on this message board that ***** and moan like little school girls about everything.

lmao, I agree.  I have also come to realize that no levels of common sense or fact will ever dissuade them from their awful opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

 

lmao, I agree.  I have also come to realize that no levels of common sense or fact will ever dissuade them from their awful opinions.

Well it's the offseason and a whole month before the 2018 league year opens. There's quite frankly not a **** thing to talk about right now. Do you honestly think I would make this thread during the season? HeIl no but with it being the offseason, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Well it's the offseason and a whole month before the 2018 league year opens. There's quite frankly not a **** thing to talk about right now. Do you honestly think I would make this thread during the season? HeIl no but with it being the offseason, why not?

And a long offseason it will be...you do you boo B)

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

99.9999999999999999999999% of the posters on this message board that ***** and moan like little school girls about everything.

LOL @ 99.9999999999999999%. Over-exaggerate much?

Also, 

CaryGrantYouMad.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Mad that if 99.9999999999999% of the posters in TATF are stupid, then you only have a .0000000000000000001% chance of not being one of the stupid posters in here obviously.

It does get to be quite annoying sometimes that trying to have an intellient conversation on this message board is impossible at times but I don't get mad about it. I usually laugh my *** off and go find something else to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It does get to be quite annoying sometimes that trying to have an intellient conversation on this message board is impossible at times but I don't get mad about it. I usually laugh my *** off and go find something else to do.

That's a very sound and wise strategy. Me, I like to wade right on in to the thick of it and foment strife and unrest. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Falconsfan567 The GOAT poster on this site hits the nail again. Although I am very guilty of this myself on many occasions because I'm so passionate about my team getting the job done (I mean who doesn't?)

Since Dan Quinn has been our head coach, he has had one loss to a bad team per year. Like the 5-11 49ers in 2015 with Blane Gabbert starting at QB. A mediocre Chargers team in 2016, and the Dolphins this past season. If there's one bad loss this upcoming 2018, it's the Browns in Cleveland mark my word, because the Falcons are 3-11 in that series and Cleveland always catches us in their best seasons. Such as 2002 the last time they made the playoffs when we had to play them in Cleveland or 2014 when they started 7-2 and beat us in that stretch with a healthy Alex Mack (when he was with the Browns then), and that was the Browns best record this entire decade. 

 

 

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You could have saved him the trouble sure. But he makes a point. Our fans tend to overreact to the extreme after losing really any game. Especially games like Buffalo this year or Miami the week after.

Good Lord...you should see an in game thread....its unbearable...literally the only reason I drink....well....maybe not the only reason:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Good Lord...you should see an in game thread....its unbearable...literally the only reason I drink....well....maybe not the only reason:ninja:

I completely stay away from the boards during games. It’s a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone has bad losses. But good teams don't lose to bad teams at home. Especially when they get a lead.

The Steelers are 215-0-2 ALL TIME at home after gaining a 2 TD lead. Think about that for awhile. They have NEVER lost a game at home when leading by 2 TDs at any point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

That's a very sound and wise strategy. Me, I like to wade right on in to the thick of it and foment strife and unrest. :lol:

Lol that' funny I just reading and laugh 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Everyone has bad losses. But good teams don't lose to bad teams at home. Especially when they get a lead.

The Steelers are 215-0-2 ALL TIME at home after gaining a 2 TD lead. Think about that for awhile. They have NEVER lost a game at home when leading by 2 TDs at any point.

Got a link for that? Interesting information there, especially since prior to 1970 the Steelers were dumpster fire franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It does get to be quite annoying sometimes that trying to have an intellient conversation on this message board is impossible at times but I don't get mad about it. I usually laugh my *** off and go find something else to do.

I agree with the sentiment of this post but can't help but note its irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites