lostnmexico

Radical Solution for the Falcons Offensive Future

148 posts in this topic

Most of us here love Matt Ryan.  He is a Hall of Fame QB.  He has been nothing but a godsend for the franchise and count me among his biggest fans. 

That said. He is 32 years old and has reached the age of diminishing returns.  If the number is truly 30 Million a season, it is time to move on and I have a ready made solution that would keep Atlanta playing Championship Football:  Tyrod Taylor.

First, Ryan would still bring a significant return in a trade whereas we can strengthen the lines, maybe grab another reciever, or bring in a guy like Earl Thomas and Michael Bennet.

None of those things may be posible with Ryan commanding 30 million a year.

Regarding Tyrod Taylor.  He is experienced.  He is Athletic.  He could be the reincarnation of Michael Vick in Atlanta!  A mobile QB whose desire to do whatever it takes to win is well noted.  Michael Vick had his best offensive Season in Atlanta under who?  Gregg Knapp.  The Bills can save $15 million from making Taylor a post-June cut and look likely to move on. The Broncos, who went after Taylor in 2015 free agency, have been connected as a possible landing spot. 

I say make a premptive strike!  Trade Matt Ryan while the return is still good and turn the offense over to Taylor who at 28 is in the prime of his career.  You can still draft a QB for the future from the benefits of a Ryan trade and still continue the´playoff run we have come to enjoy.

I love Ryan.  But I have to separate emotion from reality and realize that the time has come to trade the franchise in order to continue the franchise as we must get better in several áreas and a Matt Ryan extensión, while emotionally appealing would hamstring this franchise from being competitive financially for the duration of said extensión.

Dan Quinn has shown that the defense will dictate the future of the Atlanta Falcons.  We are no longer a Run and Shoot Team and Tyrod would also be a better fit for a ball control offense and has the wheels to escape should the pocket continue to break down.  He is the most Athletic QB available and does not come with the inexperience of starting a rookie QB.  Matt Ryan would flourish inDenver, Jacksonville, Miami, or any of a number of teams.  Now is the time to cash in our lottery ticket just like we did when we drafted the guy out of Boston College.

Resultado de imagen para tyrod taylor

Edited by lostnmexico

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

This post is so stupid it hurts...

The only thing that HURTS is the TRUTH........30 Million Against our Cap for a Guy that we could maximize value on. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

Taylor is an okay QB, but he is not a Super Bowl caliber QB. He has struggled in the AFC East. 

This is an awful suggestion.

Not Really.  The man does NOT throw Interceptions and averages over five yards per carry as a rusher.  Its a great suggestion:

2015 BUF 14 242 380     63.7 3035        216.8         8.0 0 20 6         104      568     40.6 5.5 4     0       1
2016        BUF     15        269          436     61.7       3023 201.5 6.9       1 17          6 95 580     38.7 6.1         6 0 2
2017 BUF 15 263 420     62.6 2799 186.6 6.7 0         14 4 84 427     28.5           5.1 4 0 2

The only way I would consider trading Ryan is if Cleveland was stupid enough to give us their 2 first round picks...then we go into the draft with 3 first round picks and a sh!t load of cap space...so since thats not happening I guess Ryan will retire a Falcon...and I have no problem with that....

6 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Tyrod Taylor is inaccurate and just because he's black and can run doesn't make him Vick.

Career Completion percentage of over 60%.  I don't care if he is black, blue, or Green.  Anybody who protects the ball does not throw INTs and averages five yards a pop can play.

And considering the recievers he has had to throw to, a 60% completion rate suggests he is very accurate!

The real answer is to Sophie's choice Ryan. If he wants to exceed Garrapolo, fine. If he wants to exceed him by a lot, say goodbye to Julio. 

Tyrod is better than what people give him credit for, plus that he has no weapons outside of McCoy in BUF.  I don't like this idea, but the main point of spending that much money on a qb is valid.  If there is a legit option for much cheaper then I would be down to hear it, but I'm not sure there is. 

mar31985 and Flying Falcon like this

5 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

The only way I would consider trading Ryan is if Cleveland was stupid enough to give us their 2 first round picks...then we go into the draft with 3 first round picks and a sh!t load of cap space...so since thats not happening I guess Ryan will retire a Falcon...and I have no problem with that....

That’s how you become Cleveland. Trade multiple picks instead of selecting future HOF like Julio or other times they traded down to collect more picks. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

That’s how you become Cleveland. Trade multiple picks instead of selecting future HOF like Julio or other times they traded down to collect more pics.

Lol....I know right....

20 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

The only thing that HURTS is the TRUTH........30 Million Against our Cap for a Guy that we could maximize value on. 

The truth doesn't hurt especially the way your trying to paint it.

Exactly when is MR2 or the Falcons going to see a 30 mill cap hit?

I guarantee you it won't be till year 4 and beyond that's when the team will have the option to make another decision.

Trade for Tyrod Taylor lol your not lostnmexico like your name says your smoking or drunk in Mexico for even presenting this option.The whole idea that you want to trade for a QB who has done nothing in this league for a guy in his prime and a team on the cusp is not only the most unintelligent thing I've seen on here in years but it's just plain out not thought through properly.

20 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Taylor is an okay QB, but he is not a Super Bowl caliber QB. He has struggled in the AFC East. 

This is an awful suggestion.

Going to be honest, the struggled in the AFC East part is a bad arguement. Ryan went 1-3 against the AFC East last year. 

Just saying.

lostnmexico likes this

1 minute ago, King Jigsaw said:

Proof that thread-starting abilities should be taken away from some posters.

And the Gestapo continues to speak........Listen amigo.  I dont expect everyone to agree but please try to have an intelligent discussion and we can discuss the issue.  Thank God we do not live in a nation of facists.

7 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Had to stop reading at replacing a qb who still has at minimum 5 years of good football left in the tank for a qb who isn’t even in the same tier. Come on. I know it’s the off-season but y’all gotta do better than this ****

You really should have read the rest...it was very informative:rolleyes:

There was actually a picture or Tyrod:lol:

Slappywhite and ya_boi_j like this

It's not intelligent discussion though really lol that's what people are on you .The hardest thing in this league is to have a proven franchise QB and you want to trade ours in his prime for a guy that never was anything and probably will never be anything.

Thats the issue there's no intelligent discussion being presented here lol.

Theres some guy whose gone out on a whim bring something to the table and pretending to sell it as an intelligent discussion lol.

Cmon Man.

20 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It's not intelligent discussion though really lol that's what people are on you .The hardest thing in this league is to have a proven franchise QB and you want to trade ours in his prime for a guy that never was anything and probably will never be anything.

Thats the issue there's no intelligent discussion being presented here lol.

Theres some guy whose gone out on a whim bring something to the table and pretending to sell it as an intelligent discussion lol.

Cmon Man.

Here I was blaming lack of intelligence on education in America. I guess Mexico isn’t too far behind either. 

NeonDeion and kiwifalcon like this

Taylor has a 33.6 QBR against the Saints and was benched for a rookie.  And you want him to face the Saints twice a year? Why not go ahead and sign Manzel?  He can run and has just a good NFL career as Taylor at this point. And it won’t cost you very much at all.  Also, you should be embarrassed that you tried to compare Taylor to Vick.  At least Vick had generational raw talent.  Taylor has....well...nothing special at all.