Tyler Eifert

lju713

Young but oft injured TE. Should we do a 1yr prove it deal similar to Poe. Not 8 mil for 1 year obviously, but Eifert would help us on 3rd downs and the middle of the field. Taking some pressure off of Julio and opening up more routes for Sanu underneath. Thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although there are no long term concerns about eifert,I personally wouldn’t give up on hooper with a guy coming off an ankle injury. There truly is nothing wrong with hooper. Not everyone will be Tony G. Spare me the posts about drops. There isn’t one receiver on the falcons that doesn’t drop passes so I don’t care about those complaints at all. Hooper never truly had a player to mentor him and help his development. Eifert is the household name but I wouldn’t want him

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Although there are no long term concerns about eifert,I personally wouldn’t give up on hooper with a guy coming off an ankle injury. There truly is nothing wrong with hooper. Not everyone will be Tony G. Spare me the posts about drops. There isn’t one receiver on the falcons that doesn’t drop passes so I don’t care about those complaints at all. Hooper never truly had a player to mentor him and help his development. Eifert is the household name but I wouldn’t want him

Hoop isn't bad by any means. But a guy who can command double teams at the redzone will help this offense tremendously. Eifert would have to prove it on the field though. I like him because he's proven he can be such a guy whenever he was healthy. TE salaries aren't bad and he wouldn't get top TE money anyway. 

3 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Hoop isn't bad by any means. But a guy who can command double teams at the redzone will help this offense tremendously. Eifert would have to prove it on the field though. I like him because he's proven he can be such a guy whenever he was healthy. TE salaries aren't bad and he wouldn't get top TE money anyway. 

Julio is supposed to be that guy allowing others to be wide open but he’s never the one to make plays so I don’t see how having eifert would change that. I still think it would remain the same. No matter who the offensive coordinator is the falcons only have about 5 plays in the red zone, particularly at the goal line. And the play calling in the red zone is obvious most times no matter who the coordinator is. The problem is even with eifert, do they still attempt to force it to Julio or does Matt move his head around because sooooooo many points have been left off the board due to that alone

18 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree 100%

Hooper did pretty well his rookie year and had a sophomore slump. I think he gets it together and becomes a very dependable weapon his 3rd season.

Would not be surprised if Hooper becomes Ryan's #1 redzone weapon in 2018.

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Id love Eifert, not to give up on Hoop but to compliment Hoop with more 3 TE sets.  I dunno what Saubert brings, but I would love a move athletic TE to pair with Hoopah.

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Julio is supposed to be that guy allowing others to be wide open but he’s never the one to make plays so I don’t see how having eifert would change that. I still think it would remain the same. No matter who the offensive coordinator is the falcons only have about 5 plays in the red zone, particularly at the goal line. And the play calling in the red zone is obvious most times no matter who the coordinator is. The problem is even with eifert, do they still attempt to force it to Julio or does Matt move his head around because sooooooo many points have been left off the board due to that alone

Doesn't matter if Julio is GOAT, the team has to get better every year. Matt has proven he can spread the ball by setting the NFL record just a year ago, so he's obviously capable and thrived with TG88. I would be surprised if Sark's plan is to stay consistent to 2017. He will also improve. Eifert isn't a cure all. The offense would still need upgrades at other spots. 

9 hours ago, lju713 said:

Young but oft injured TE. Should we do a 1yr prove it deal similar to Poe. Not 8 mil for 1 year obviously, but Eifert would help us on 3rd downs and the middle of the field. Taking some pressure off of Julio and opening up more routes for Sanu underneath. Thoughts?

yes yes yes. Big redzone target. Limiting snaps could keep him healthy.

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I agree. The same can be said for a lot of players on our team, leading to a lot of our struggles. 

We didn't have the huge impact from this year's rookies like we got last year, and we didn't see as large of a jump from our younger players as we would've hoped either. In some cases they actually had a worse season.

I see that as no reason to wholesale give up on every young player on the team, and replace everybody with proven FAs. 

If we can't develop our younger players and expect them to grow, then this team is doomed anyway. 

11 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I agree. The same can be said for a lot of players on our team, leading to a lot of our struggles. 

We didn't have the huge impact from this year's rookies like we got last year, and we didn't see as large of a jump from our younger players as we would've hoped either. In some cases they actually had a worse season.

I see that as no reason to wholesale give up on every young player on the team, and replace everybody with proven FAs. 

If we can't develop our younger players and expect them to grow, then this team is doomed anyway. 

True