Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Roosevelt Nix

42 posts in this topic

February 10th, 2018 at 12:36pm CST by Ben Levine

Roosevelt Nix is staying in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future. The Steelers announced that they have signed the fullback to a four-year extension. The deal will keep the 25-year-old with the organization through Roosevelt Nixthe 2021 season.

Following four seasons as a linebacker at Kent State, Nix joined the Falcons after going undrafted during the 2014 draft. He didn’t catch on as a fullback, and he ultimately landed with the AFL’s Cleveland Gladiators. He eventually signed with the Steelers in 2015, and he’s proceeded to appear in 41 games (nine starts) since that time.

Nix earned a Pro Bowl birth this past season after playing a major role in Le’Veon Bell‘s productive campaign. Nix finished the season with zero rushing yards on three carries, and he added a pair of receptions for six yards and one touchdown. Nix also compiled 10 special teams tackles.

Reading this makes me sick considering how horrific Derrick Coleman was this year. Falcons must definitely get a new FB.

19 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:
February 10th, 2018 at 12:36pm CST by Ben Levine

Roosevelt Nix is staying in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future. The Steelers announced that they have signed the fullback to a four-year extension. The deal will keep the 25-year-old with the organization through Roosevelt Nixthe 2021 season.

Following four seasons as a linebacker at Kent State, Nix joined the Falcons after going undrafted during the 2014 draft. He didn’t catch on as a fullback, and he ultimately landed with the AFL’s Cleveland Gladiators. He eventually signed with the Steelers in 2015, and he’s proceeded to appear in 41 games (nine starts) since that time.

Nix earned a Pro Bowl birth this past season after playing a major role in Le’Veon Bell‘s productive campaign. Nix finished the season with zero rushing yards on three carries, and he added a pair of receptions for six yards and one touchdown. Nix also compiled 10 special teams tackles.

Reading this makes me sick considering how horrific Derrick Coleman was this year. Falcons must definitely get a new FB.

You know he was a Falcon right

2 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

He was an RFA so it wasn't likely we'd be able to get him.  However, if we want to steal someone's thunder, sign Zach Line from the Saints so they have to look elsewhere for someone to block for their RB's.  :ninja:

The Falcons already had him. That's the point.

falconfansince66 likes this

I’m guessing we had Dimarco when Nix was on the team, so it makes sense why Nix didn’t make the cut. We should’ve taken cared of our Pro Bowl FB, but that didn’t happen either. 

NeonDeion likes this

I couldn't remember but I thought that was the guy we cut on Hard Knocks. I mean we had DiMarco after that so I get it, but this and guys like Ricardo Allen just make me question Mike Smith even more

The Falcons have always made fullbacks work. Cox, DiMarco, Snelling at times...Coleman was just the exception as a guy who couldn't find his fit here. 

Falcons have to get a legit option this offseason. 

Flying Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, falconfansince66 said:

He was an RFA so it wasn't likely we'd be able to get him.  However, if we want to steal someone's thunder, sign Zach Line from the Saints so they have to look elsewhere for someone to block for their RB's.  :ninja:

I would unironically love if we signed Zach Line.

falconfansince66 likes this

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

I couldn't remember but I thought that was the guy we cut on Hard Knocks. I mean we had DiMarco after that so I get it, but this and guys like Ricardo Allen just make me question Mike Smith even more

Pretty sure the Falcons didn't get DiMarco until 2015, could be wrong on that.

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Yep

He was always an efficient blocker but that one year he was blowing people up like the fullback of our dreams would do! Speaking of that dream fullback: Who is he going to be? Who is on your list. Kalen Ballage is too good as a running back to steal his reps at fullback. I have always thought there should be a very unique and useful person who is not just a place holder at fullback. I love the position.

2 minutes ago, HOYLE said:

He was always an efficient blocker but that one year he was blowing people up like the fullback of our dreams would do! Speaking of that dream fullback: Who is he going to be? Who is on your list. Kalen Ballage is too good as a running back to steal his reps at fullback. I have always thought there should be a very unique and useful person who is not just a place holder at fullback. I love the position.

As far as a Swiss Army knife I have Ballage and Jaylen Samuels. Blocking its Flowers 100%

2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

2013 but he was *** all the way up until 2015. People wanted him gone bad.

When did we have Mike Cox then? 

21 minutes ago, Malachore said:

LMAO

I can't be the only one who took this as homoerotic.

I chose my words carefully. I knew someone would make the joke. 

I SET IT UP AND YOU KNOCKED IT DOWN!!!!

Malachore likes this