ESPN offseason Falcon prediction

An offseason prediction for all 32 teams. Here is Vaughn McClure's Falcon prediction

NFC South

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Atlanta Falcons

Matt Ryan will give the Falcons a hometown discount

Ryan, the 2016 MVP, has every right to command a contract that would make him the league's highest-paid player, especially after the 49ers rewarded virtually unproven quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo with a five-year, $137.5 million deal with $90 million guaranteed over the first three years. And there is a chance Kirk Cousins could even top that if he reaches free agency. But Ryan won't get caught in the numbers, especially if taking less means solidifying the roster more for Super Bowl runs next season and beyond. Yes, Ryan has an agent in Tom Condon who won't settle for peanuts, but Ryan is an unselfish player and will do whatever is best for the team. -- Vaughn McClure

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/32for32x180209/2018-nfl-bold-offseason-predictions-all-32-teams

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go get yours matt.

TD be creative thank you.

I laugh when fans cry about what a guy's going to make.

They act like the above hasn't planned for this and how it's such a surprise how much it is.Little did they know really the biggest thing that will affect the team isn't Ryan's new deal it's the draft.

If the Falcons keep drafting well the above deal becomes irrelevant.Yet I too want to see this MB blow to pieces when Ryan resets the market and all the wild conjecture that'll be spewed after it.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Because people around here freely give up money their companies offer them because they'd like for their company to benefit more :ninja:

I under what you're saying, but when speaking strictly on the type of life you can live, the difference between 20 mill and 25 million is not the same as the difference between 45k and 90k. 

Just now, athell said:

Do you know that for a fact?

I mean I've been dirt poor before, and without sounding like a snob, I live reasonably comfortable these days.  Granted I've never been wealthy before, so I can't say I know the difference between 20 and 25 million. 

To be clear, I hope this team signs Matt Ryan until the day he hangs it up.  It's tough because as a competitor, I think all athletes try and to what's best for the team, but at the same time, it's not like the team is always doing what's best for them. 

1 minute ago, Dr_truth189 said:

I mean I've been dirt poor before, and without sounding like a snob, I live reasonably comfortable these days.  Granted I've never been wealthy before, so I can't say I know the difference between 20 and 25 million. 

To be clear, I hope this team signs Matt Ryan until the day he hangs it up.  It's tough because as a competitor, I think all athletes try and to what's best for the team, but at the same time, it's not like the team is always doing what's best for them. 

I hear you.  It's just all relative.  People get used to a lifestyle.  Heck, how many former athletes have pissed away millions and millions of dollars because they don't know how to manage it?  45k would seem like a million dollars to people on welfare, government funding, etc.  All I'm saying is these people wanting Matt to take less money, while understandable from a roster standpoint, should really ask themselves if they would take less money from their employer.  The answer is of course not.  Make as much as you can while you can.  If you don't value yourself, no one will.

Considering the cap will continue to climb, and VERY few players take hometown discounts, I have no clue why McClure seems almost confident this will happen

Matt is going to be the highest paid player when he signs his deal, and I can’t ever fault a player for getting their worth. Will be funny to read Vaughn’s article after Ryan signs, I’m sure he’ll be a little salty