jlrfalcon

Poll - Who Would You Rather Have as Your QB for the Next 5 Years?

Poll - Who Would You Rather Have as Your QB for the Next 5 Years?   212 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Rather Have as Your QB for the Next 5 Years?

• Tom Brady
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Jared Goff
    • Cam Newton
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Matt Ryan
    • Alex Smith
    • Matthew Stafford
    • Russell Wilson
    • Carson Wentz
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

172 posts in this topic

You are Shanahan, you can stay in Atlanta and have MVP Ryan as your QB for the next 5 years - the guy is not young but still certainly has 5 years left and is a proven commodity.  On the other hand, you go to San Francisco.  There are rumors initially that you might sign Cousins as a FA in the upcoming offseason, but then you actually swing a Jimmy G trade and get a good end to the season and then sign him to a big deal.

You also probably could be the OC of almost any team and the HC of many of them.  In fact, if you could have any QB in the NFL, which one would you be willing to commit to for the next 5 years?

Could the Brady last until age 45?, Is Cam going to slow down?, Is Stafford just on the wrong team?, Is Roethlisberger really overrated?

Five years is a long time and these days a lot of money to commit-who would you go with?

Brady is about to hit the wall - he will be toast by 43-44 (Bc everyone is)

Garapallo could be great but still very small sample

Wentz still figuring it out and coming off major injury. 

Big Ben about to retire.

So left is Rodgers, Wilson, Ryan.

probably in that order. But happy to stick with Ryan. 

6 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Where is "the sure fire HOFer, greatest prospect ever, Elway/Montana/Brady love child" Andrew Luck?

In Germany.  Getting another crazy surgery on his robot shoulder!

NCFalconfan likes this

16 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Where is "the sure fire HOFer, greatest prospect ever, Elway/Montana/Brady love child" Andrew Luck?

I was criticized (off this board) by saying that I thought Luck was about as big a bust as Ryan Leaf only because of all his injuries...then he got hurt again.

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was criticized (off this board) by saying that I thought Luck was about as big a bust as Ryan Leaf only because of all his injuries...then he got hurt again.

The guy has been a turnover machine his entire career.  The lauding the guy got from the media even before he laced up his cleats was as hysterical as it was nauseating. 

papachaz likes this

I answered it as if...

If I was starting an expansion team and had to pick one off that list to start my franchise, not necessarily the Falcons franchise.   

It wasn't as easy to answer as I thought.  

Matt Ryan is and should be.

Now, if I'm building a team, I give Jared Goff serious consideration. I believe he's going to light it up over the next decade. 

Finally, if I'm way behind in a do-or-die game, Rodgers and Wilson are up there with Ryan. 

gazoo likes this

Russell Wilson would be the only one that would make me rethink Ryan. I just like his game. I'd probably eventually come back to Matty though.

Kung-Pow likes this

I mean....strictly from an "on the field" player perspective, its Rodgers and I dont think its particularly close. 

My preference in order: 

Rodgers
Wilson
Brady (understanding that I'm probably only getting 2-3 years out of him)
Wentz
Jimmy G
Ryan
Cam
Stafford
Goff
Roethlisberger
Cousins
Smith