• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep the funny thing is the Niners can afford it though I think they got nie on 100 mill in cap to spend.

yeah, I am still perplexed at how all these NFL teams are so far under the salary cap?  I thought they put something in place 3 years ago that made it where you had to spend to 90% of the cap.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

wow, that is ridiculous - Jimmy Garappolo may end up being worth every penny but that is a huge gamble based on not even 8 NFL starts.

The highest paid player in the NFL on 8 NFL starts - wow!

kind of further demonstrates the point on how bad of a trade that was for the Patriots and how stupid Robert Kraft is gonna feel in 2 years if Jimmy G is a stud and Tom Friggn' Brady goes full-time writing books about avocado ice cream.    They got almost nothing for Garrap.

Just now, g-dawg said:

yeah, I am still perplexed at how all these NFL teams are so far under the salary cap?  I thought they put something in place 3 years ago that made it where you had to spend to 90% of the cap.

Not really sure myself but I did see a year or 2 ago teams were forced to spend all of there cap and no carry over was allowed.Maybe Its when the cap receives a significant increase the want everyone on an even footing but outside of that not to sure really.

the issue right now is the salary cap - there are too many teams that have too much cap room - this means teams with no QB can overpay by 20-25% because they can.

I like what Arthur Blank did talking about Matt's contract.  With a salary cap and a loaded Falcons roster, Matt should weigh making all he can versus helping the team and roster.   Matt has gotten paid every single year since his rookie year in 2008.   Unlike many, he made a ton on his rookie contract.

I don't expect Matt to do what Brady did ($17mm) but I think Matt should consider taking $28/29mm when his market value might be $32/mm or more.

37 minutes ago, athell said:

Shanahan'd!

The 49ers do have a lot of cap space coming into 2018 unlike many other NFC West teams like the Seahawks who are very low on cap with old players around. I considered the 49ers as huge contenders coming into this season and honestly they still might be since Jimmy G is undefeated as a starter, but this just barely erases the painful memories from yesterday's thread debacle. I didn't want to let anybody down on here but I will always be passionate about my opinions, no matter how much some people might consider it as trolling. Still only been on this site since the middle of the 2017 season. This doesn't change my opinion on how I believe Matt Ryan's contract should go. I'm all in for the pay cut and I agree with Arthur Blank making a "TEAM FRIENDLY" deal first and foremost.