Bama's NSD breakdown

SacFalcFan

7:54 - 4 star DL, Bobby Brown, flips to A&M
8:31 - 3 star CB, Eddie Smith, commits to Bama
9:16 - 5 star CB, Tyson Campbell, picks UGA
9:20 - 5 star CB, Surtain, commits to Bama
9:31 - 5 star OT, Petit-Frere, picks OSU
9:42 - 3 star LB, Jaylen Moody, picks Bama after 4 star LB, Vernon Jackson, decommits
10:28 - 4 star QB, Tanner McKee, picks Stanford
10:35 - OLB signee, Eyabi Anoma tweets, "It's simple join the tide or get ran over."
10:41 - 4 star QB, James Foster, picks A&M. Foster lives in Montgomery, AL
10:45 - 4 star LB, Quay Walker, flips to UGA
10:58 - UGA officially ends Bama's #1 class since 2010 run per the Composite team rankings
11:14 - Mack Wilson tweets, "We don't need the #1 recruiting class to be BAMA."
11:27 - 3 star QB, Brock Purdy, picks Iowa State
12:15 - 4 star WR, Justyn Ross, picks Clemson. Ross lives in Phenix City, Alabama.
12:23 - Mack Wilson tweets, "It's a lot of people out here scared to compete.."
12:30 - 5 star CB, Olaijah Griffin, picks Southern Cal
1:15 - 3 star TE, Glenn Beal, picks A&M
1:36 - 4 star WR, Jacob Copeland, picks UF. Copeland's mom in Bama sweatshirt storms off set
2:45 - 4 star DE, Malik Langham, picks UF. Langham lives in Huntsville, AL.
3:15 - 3 star TE, Michael Parker, signs LOI. Originally projected to blueshirt.
3:38 - 4 star WR, Jaylen Waddle, commits to Bama
Bama's day is done.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

7:54 - 4 star DL, Bobby Brown, flips to A&M
8:31 - 3 star CB, Eddie Smith, commits to Bama
9:16 - 5 star CB, Tyson Campbell, picks UGA
9:20 - 5 star CB, Surtain, commits to Bama
9:31 - 5 star OT, Petit-Frere, picks OSU
9:42 - 3 star LB, Jaylen Moody, picks Bama after 4 star LB, Vernon Jackson, decommits
10:28 - 4 star QB, Tanner McKee, picks Stanford
10:35 - OLB signee, Eyabi Anoma tweets, "It's simple join the tide or get ran over."
10:41 - 4 star QB, James Foster, picks A&M. Foster lives in Montgomery, AL
10:45 - 4 star LB, Quay Walker, flips to UGA
10:58 - UGA officially ends Bama's #1 class since 2010 run per the Composite team rankings
11:14 - Mack Wilson tweets, "We don't need the #1 recruiting class to be BAMA."
11:27 - 3 star QB, Brock Purdy, picks Iowa State
12:15 - 4 star WR, Justyn Ross, picks Clemson. Ross lives in Phenix City, Alabama.
12:23 - Mack Wilson tweets, "It's a lot of people out here scared to compete.."
12:30 - 5 star CB, Olaijah Griffin, picks Southern Cal
1:15 - 3 star TE, Glenn Beal, picks A&M
1:36 - 4 star WR, Jacob Copeland, picks UF. Copeland's mom in Bama sweatshirt storms off set
2:45 - 4 star DE, Malik Langham, picks UF. Langham lives in Huntsville, AL.
3:15 - 3 star TE, Michael Parker, signs LOI. Originally projected to blueshirt.
3:38 - 4 star WR, Jaylen Waddle, commits to Bama
Bama's day is done.

wow......

BAMA is still loaded with what they got last year w/ Najee Harris and Tua and those young receivers and such.   Like we discussed earlier, Bama got caught flat-footed with early recruitment but you would have thought they would have re-grouped and finished strong today - outside of Surtain, today was a cluster for them.    What is interesting is they could not even close on their own home-state kids - usually that's a wrap.

Bama is still Bama but I don't think they will be quite as deep as they have been in the past.   Saban getting older will start promoting some negative recruiting from that angle and the constant loss of top assistants is starting to take its toll.

There's a new sheriff in town.

Just now, Knight of God said:

If you notice, I don't Bama smack talk. I have my reasons.

BAMA smack talk doesn't bother me.  They have been so good for so long, you cannot really win it anyway.   I just find humor in all the peeps that are bama fans with no real connection to the state nor the school.

I was born in Huntsville, Alabama and both my parents are from there - my dad graduated from Athens College which is connected to Bama.  I was born into Bama and had probably 4-5 jerseys from age 4-12.  I can tell you most of the main players from 1974-1979.  I started straddling the line from 1977-1979 - part Bama/part Georgia....lived in Georgia since I was 4.....flipped all the way to Georgia when Herschel got there - from the moment he ran over Bill Bates and have never looked back - all Dawg since then and graduated from UGA in 1988.

It is probably fair to say I flipped to UGA in their Natty year - but I never went back and I graduated there so I cannot deny the DAWGS.  Anyone that has suffered 37 years without a follow-up Natty is a die-hard.   One day our time will come - and I don't think we will have to wait too much longer - but ya never know!

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

BAMA smack talk doesn't bother me.  They have been so good for so long, you cannot really win it anyway.   I just find humor in all the peeps that are bama fans with no real connection to the state nor the school.

I was born in Huntsville, Alabama and both my parents are from there - my dad graduated from Athens College which is connected to Bama.  I was born into Bama and had probably 4-5 jerseys from age 4-12.  I can tell you most of the main players from 1974-1979.  I started straddling the line from 1977-1979 - part Bama/part Georgia....lived in Georgia since I was 4.....flipped all the way to Georgia when Herschel got there - from the moment he ran over Bill Bates and have never looked back - all Dawg since then and graduated from UGA in 1988.

It is probably fair to say I flipped to UGA in their Natty year - but I never went back and I graduated there so I cannot deny the DAWGS.  Anyone that has suffered 37 years without a follow-up Natty is a die-hard.   One day our time will come - and I don't think we will have to wait too much longer - but ya never know!

I've been a Bama fan since I was 6yrs old. I never even thought I'd live in the Deep South unless it was Mississippi or Alabama. My family is from Mississippi. All except my dad are Miss St and M. Valley State fans. Dad LOVES UGA and always has. I bet that's why he retired in Augusta for real. I have UGA sweatshirts, but I have those from a few teams...except LSU...which I can't stand. 

Dude, we used to suck. I mean, I never thought we'd be anything but a laughing stock, so to have been this powerful for 10yrs...which is all it has been, we are not like New England with nearly 20yrs...I am just always thankful. I was a fan of Saban long before he went to Bama, but I am also big in the Coaching Tree. My actual Sports Management teacher worked for Parcells, Belichick, and Saban, so all I know in terms of what I speak is based on that alone. I don't know too much about most of the others, but I know a lot about those guys. 

I told you and a few other Dawgs fans last year, it won't be long. The UGA system and Bama system are the same. No difference. It will be unprecedented if the Bulldogs aren't dominant.

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Maybe those in state kids wanted to leave the state of Alabama ...I hate that place..half of my family lives in Montgomery and Birmingham. **** hole place. 

really surprised at the top instate kids bama lost out on and how many of their top targets they missed out.. if not for Kirby and UGA bama would have continued that #1 recruiting streak.  that even included bama bump on the last 247 cycle where they push bama up giving them a shot at the recruiting title and their nsd was a flop.  not sure you listened to saban's press conference.. pull up finebaum's show when he discussed it.. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

wow......

BAMA is still loaded with what they got last year w/ Najee Harris and Tua and those young receivers and such.   Like we discussed earlier, Bama got caught flat-footed with early recruitment but you would have thought they would have re-grouped and finished strong today - outside of Surtain, today was a cluster for them.    What is interesting is they could not even close on their own home-state kids - usually that's a wrap.

Bama is still Bama but I don't think they will be quite as deep as they have been in the past.   Saban getting older will start promoting some negative recruiting from that angle and the constant loss of top assistants is starting to take its toll.

There's a new sheriff in town.

That is part of bama's problem though.  they have very little playing time and they did a very poor job trying to sell that to recruits.  on top of that they made some big mistakes such as langham.  they slow played him and didn't make him a priority. but florida did.. so when bama decided they wanted him they said come and join us he said no i am going to florida.  they did a very bad job reading that recruit and just assumed he would be at bama.  very poor recruiting.  kirby commented that teams that didn't make the title games having a head start and even with us not being able to recruit for a week we still had the best early signing period.  nick saban even admitted they underestimated the early signing period.  he had no idea all these players were going to sign and then today nick saban said the early signing period hurt bama because they didn't have any backup options unlike in years past.  the best thing for our class is we got our top options except for sandidge. 

losing out on a few of their top instate kids was a surprise though, but the reality is due to kirby and uga that is why bama did not finish with a top 6 class.  if you think about it in past years a guy like brenton cox would have ended up at bama.  adam anderson would have as well.  the fact that they could beat us for those guys was the big difference.  now saban sees what is happening with kirby so he went out and got gattis and another guy from a&m who are young coaches who can recruiting very very well which is a great move for him.  now kirby on the other hand did the same thing with scott fountain and vandy's wr coach.. both young coaches who can really recruit.  this next year's class will be very interesting because the instate talent for georgia is better than this years and we have a great shot of back to back #1 classes. 

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

That is part of bama's problem though.  they have very little playing time and they did a very poor job trying to sell that to recruits.  on top of that they made some big mistakes such as langham.  they slow played him and didn't make him a priority. but florida did.. so when bama decided they wanted him they said come and join us he said no i am going to florida.  they did a very bad job reading that recruit and just assumed he would be at bama.  very poor recruiting.  kirby commented that teams that didn't make the title games having a head start and even with us not being able to recruit for a week we still had the best early signing period.  nick saban even admitted they underestimated the early signing period.  he had no idea all these players were going to sign and then today nick saban said the early signing period hurt bama because they didn't have any backup options unlike in years past.  the best thing for our class is we got our top options except for sandidge. 

losing out on a few of their top instate kids was a surprise though, but the reality is due to kirby and uga that is why bama did not finish with a top 6 class.  if you think about it in past years a guy like brenton cox would have ended up at bama.  adam anderson would have as well.  the fact that they could beat us for those guys was the big difference.  now saban sees what is happening with kirby so he went out and got gattis and another guy from a&m who are young coaches who can recruiting very very well which is a great move for him.  now kirby on the other hand did the same thing with scott fountain and vandy's wr coach.. both young coaches who can really recruit.  this next year's class will be very interesting because the instate talent for georgia is better than this years and we have a great shot of back to back #1 classes. 

I thought we finished #6

I was working at Athens Chevrolet when I found out Nick Saban had been signed to Bama. The whole building laughed at me and said, "We'll get one before you guys. That dude is a trainwreck." I knew better. I studied that tree 3 days a week in class. It was the meat of the reason I found myself in Athens to begin with. We got our first one in '09. It didn't set in right away. It was 2011 before I realized what had taken place and now we were going on our second. We didn't even have the top recruiting class until 2011. No one cared as much in those days. We were #12 in 2007, after that most simply said, so long as we are in the top 10. Years after with so many #1 classes, even we were like, "Blessing and a curse" because we lost so many after a season or two, they were still like #3 - 7. 

You play the game. 

37 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I was working at Athens Chevrolet when I found out Nick Saban had been signed to Bama. The whole building laughed at me and said, "We'll get one before you guys. That dude is a trainwreck." I knew better. I studied that tree 3 days a week in class. It was the meat of the reason I found myself in Athens to begin with. We got our first one in '09. It didn't set in right away. It was 2011 before I realized what had taken place and now we were going on our second. We didn't even have the top recruiting class until 2011. No one cared as much in those days. We were #12 in 2007, after that most simply said, so long as we are in the top 10. Years after with so many #1 classes, even we were like, "Blessing and a curse" because we lost so many after a season or two, they were still like #3 - 7. 

You play the game. 

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.