Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdrake34

The Randomness/General Discussion Thread

2,007 posts in this topic

At its best, the Trump thread was a dumping ground for general discussion that either didn't fit into other threads, or wasn't worthy of its own topic. 

Let's chat.

Jpowers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watching "The Alienist," a new limited series that airs Monday nights on TNT.  It's pretty good, it's based on a novel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking about moving back the the gulf coast....missing my imediate family and the chance to watch my 2 nephews grow up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I've watching "The Alienist," a new limited series that airs Monday nights on TNT.  It's pretty good, it's based on a novel.  

Neat.

8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

a $200 snes hardware clone came out today

i may have pre-ordered one

Neat.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am thinking about moving back the the gulf coast....missing my imediate family and the chance to watch my 2 nephews grow up

Neat.

mdrake34 and AF89 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am thinking about moving back the the gulf coast....missing my imediate family and the chance to watch my 2 nephews grow up

It was nice knowing you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I am thinking about moving back the the gulf coast....missing my imediate family and the chance to watch my 2 nephews grow up

You in AZ, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quincy Jones says he dated Ivanka Trump!

 

Vanity Fair

Hilary Weaver

Quincy Jones used to date Ivanka Trump—or so he says. In a wide-ranging interview with New York magazine’s David Marchese, the music producer casually mentioned, as an aside, that he went on a date with the First Daughter about 12 years ago. Marchese didn’t let that one go.

“He’s a crazy m----------r,” Jones, now 84, said of Donald Trump. “Limited mentally -- a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.”

Marchese responded with apparent shock at the new information: “Wait, really?”

Back to Jones, who said that 12 years ago, Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with his daughter Kidada, a former model and current designer, told Jones that Ivanka wanted to have dinner with him.

“I said, ‘No problem,’” Jones recalled. “‘She’s a fine m----------r.’ She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.”

If Jones’s 12-year time stamp is right, that would put his date (he only references one) with Ivanka in 2006, the same year she turned 25 and celebrated alongside actor and then That 70s Show star Topher Grace. It was around this time that Ivanka was rumored to be going on dates with Lance Armstrong. She denied that there was any romance there.

“I have tremendous respect for Lance and all he has accomplished,” she told People. “That said, we are just friends.”

She has not publicly commented on any date with Jones, neither at the time nor since the New York interview was published.
 

LOL! I don't know whether to believe this isht or not! Old azz Quincy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

You in AZ, right?

Yup...but I own a house in the Pensacola area and I have chitty luck with renters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, biloxifalcon said:

Quincy Jones says he dated Ivanka Trump!

 

Vanity Fair

Hilary Weaver

Quincy Jones used to date Ivanka Trump—or so he says. In a wide-ranging interview with New York magazine’s David Marchese, the music producer casually mentioned, as an aside, that he went on a date with the First Daughter about 12 years ago. Marchese didn’t let that one go.

“He’s a crazy m----------r,” Jones, now 84, said of Donald Trump. “Limited mentally -- a megalomaniac, narcissistic. I can’t stand him. I used to date Ivanka, you know.”

Marchese responded with apparent shock at the new information: “Wait, really?”

Back to Jones, who said that 12 years ago, Tommy Hilfiger, who was working with his daughter Kidada, a former model and current designer, told Jones that Ivanka wanted to have dinner with him.

“I said, ‘No problem,’” Jones recalled. “‘She’s a fine m----------r.’ She had the most beautiful legs I ever saw in my life. Wrong father, though.”

If Jones’s 12-year time stamp is right, that would put his date (he only references one) with Ivanka in 2006, the same year she turned 25 and celebrated alongside actor and then That 70s Show star Topher Grace. It was around this time that Ivanka was rumored to be going on dates with Lance Armstrong. She denied that there was any romance there.

“I have tremendous respect for Lance and all he has accomplished,” she told People. “That said, we are just friends.”

She has not publicly commented on any date with Jones, neither at the time nor since the New York interview was published.
 

LOL! I don't know whether to believe this isht or not! Old azz Quincy!

Well, well, well...........................:munch:

biloxifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Their food is always cold!

Where you going son?  Maybe in Maryland?  We hit one every Friday night in Gainesville, on the way to the lake house.  It's just made fresh, it's hot and tasty too.  Another good one is off Beulah Road in Springfield.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Where you going son?  Maybe in Maryland?  We hit one every Friday night in Gainesville, on the way to the lake house.  It's just made fresh, it's hot and tasty too.  Another good one is off Beulah Road in Springfield.  

Rockville!  :rant:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

The Cloverfield Paradox STUNK!!!!!

That seems to be the general consensus, which is disappointing to hear.  I still haven't watched 10 Cloverfield Lane.  The original Cloverfield was probably the coolest movie going experience I've had in theaters (I was in college, you do the math). 

I almost watched Paradox after the super bowl but caught up on Waco instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Rockville!  :rant:

Well there you go.  Have you hit Broiler or Mario's recently?  We had The broiler for SB Sunday.  I hadn't had it in months...that was some good eatin' there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Well there you go.  Have you hit Broiler or Mario's recently?  We had The broiler for SB Sunday.  I hadn't had it in months...that was some good eatin' there.  

You've got me hooked on Mario's, go all the time (meant to say went).  We went to Broiler last summer.  Need to hit it up soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

So not even worth watching?

I wouldn't say that, it was just..........weak!  You be the judge!  Also, I didn't like Godzilla, Monster Planet on Netflix either!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed Altered Carbon tho they start deviating the plot from the source material in the 2nd half to a pretty large degree and it kinda nerfs the story a bit which is a shame. (But maybe I just dont like it cause i read the book i dunno) Still have to watch the last two episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

You've got me hooked on Mario's, go all the time (meant to say went).  We went to Broiler last summer.  Need to hit it up soon!

I've known Lefty and Joe for almost 60 years, right after the place opened in 57'.  I haven't been there lately, now you've given me the hankering.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I've known Lefty and Joe for almost 60 years, right after the place opened in 57'.  I haven't been there lately, now you've given me the hankering.  

I need to go back!  As soon as the weather gets nicer.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0