Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

Just now, Carter said:

How can that be possible if you say we’re killing millions of babies and covering up infanticide? You’re one sick puppy.

Others are killing more and while their country is increasing its support we as a nation one state at a time are rejecting it

2 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

So is it just me or is it getting hot really ******* early this year?

It feels like Florida here in Dallas. Almost 90° and humid af. It will get up to 100° soon and be just as humid. Probably not taking any vacation this summer anyway so I’m ready for fall already. :sadwave:

Just now, Carter said:

It feels like Florida here in Dallas. Almost 90° and humid af. It will get up to 100° soon and be just as humid. Probably not taking any vacation this summer anyway so I’m ready for fall already. :sadwave:

We're projected to be over ninety all week and 97 and 98 by the weekend where I'm at. That's insane for May.

16 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

It was  so humid this morning at 7 am..... I had the movers show up  and   even they ..... who were form Louisiana thought it was uncomfortable... Getting swamp *** at 7am is not fun,.

Carl Showalter likes this

36 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Already in the 90s here this week. Crazy

7 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Who are these guys and what did they do. Ive only even heard this situation mentioned on these boards. 

57 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

We're projected to be over ninety all week and 97 and 98 by the weekend where I'm at. That's insane for May.

39 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It was  so humid this morning at 7 am..... I had the movers show up  and   even they ..... who were form Louisiana thought it was uncomfortable... Getting swamp *** at 7am is not fun,.

It is easily my least favorite thing about living in Florida. I wake up at like 530 and walk outside, expecting crisp, cool morning air, but it’s already 70° and humid. And I know that is the best it’s going to get for the rest of the day.

Just now, Jerry Lundegaard said:

It is easily my least favorite thing about living in Florida. I wake up at like 530 and walk outside, expecting crisp, cool morning air, but it’s already 70° and humid. And I know that is the best it’s going to get for the rest of the day.

Yup!

I am heading back to Phoenix  on Thursday and I am looking forward to the dry heat

Of course that is until it hits 120  and  you feel like you  just  inhaled a blow dryer

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I don't think he is. Not when the Dems have actually admitted that they would only impeach a president if it was politically expedient. He has the same license to continue his criminal ways that he had before the 2018 election which is... enlightening.

JayOzOne likes this

3 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

Yeah the Democrats are we are running against everything trumps done!

So weaken the economy,bring back ISIS, restore crappy trade deals, send jobs back overseas, raise unemployment,  I mean outside of we think he sucks as a person what exactly are you running for? 

We're trying to give jobs to ISIS here as part of our white genocide program so why would we ship them overseas? You need to think this stuff through.

It's almost Effing June, yeah it's hot.  What the ef is wrong with you lemmings? I remember a time 3 or 4 decades ago that we had a heat wave in March , I mean it was in the upper 80s almost 90. Oh right, that was when we were doomed by the impending Ice Age...what a bunch of maroons :lol:

Holy she-it, how is this possible 126 years ago?  I didn't know we had climate change back then :rolleyes:

Emporia, VA  All Time Record High 109 °F July 30, 1893

...now that's hot

38 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Gee! Who knew that these guys were just making all of that noise for notoriety? 

:lol: Why Trump should worry about the Mueller report, why Trump should worry about Justin Amash...This is comedy gold. :lol::flush:

15 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Gee! Who knew that these guys were just making all of that noise for notoriety? 

Been my chief complaint about Republicans ever since the tea party stuff became a thing. It became clear pretty quickly that it was little more than a rabid anti-Obama movement.

Then it became an anti anything “left” or anti “progressives” thing. Not based on any real ideas to fix things. Just undo what Obama did and everything will be fine.

Unfortunately the trend is repeating itself on the Democratic side with all these resistance grifters using Trump as a focal point for all the ****libs to rally against. I think the definitively Republican policy that has been pushed is nothing but harmful to the country. Much of what Trump has done will show horrendous results a few years from now. So I’m not trying to both sides it here. Dem supporters just need to be careful they don’t put another round or a new generation of ****libs into power or the ridiculous partisan cycle will keep spinning out of control.

Unfortunately there is becoming less and less room for compromises to actually move established policy in a better direction. Campaign messaging just gets more and more extreme. People are putting up extreme **** just to take it to the Supreme Court so they can try to completely change policy to one extreme or another. Wacky *** politics.

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Unfortunately there is becoming less and less room for compromises to actually move established policy in a better direction. Campaign messaging just gets more and more extreme. People are putting up extreme **** just to take it to the Supreme Court so they can try to completely change policy to one extreme or another. Wacky *** politics.

Both sides have to be willing to move in order for there to be compromise. McConnell blocked a SCOTUS hearing, changed Senate rules to strong-arm nominees through the process, refuses to put legislation with bi-partisan support up for vote if the president is against it and has stated that he's willing to block anything a Democratic president supports if Trump loses. 

When "compromise" means that one side moves until they're both on the same side, calling out both sides is a little disingenuous IMO. There are always Dems willing to move to the right. If a Republican moves toward the middle, he gets primaried.

Carter likes this

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Both sides have to be willing to move in order for there to be compromise. McConnell blocked a SCOTUS hearing, changed Senate rules to strong-arm nominees through the process, refuses to put legislation with bi-partisan support up for vote if the president is against it and has stated that he's willing to block anything a Democratic president supports if Trump loses. 

When "compromise" means that one side moves until they're both on the same side, calling out both sides is a little disingenuous IMO. There are always Dems willing to move to the right. If a Republican moves toward the middle, he gets primaried.

Oh I agree. I think you misunderstand me. I’m not saying Democrats should play politics as usual and compromise. Quite the opposite. I’m commenting on how far removed we are at this point from a healthy political system where that can happen in a beneficial way. Republicans have pushed it to an uncompromising level more so than anyone. It’s a reflection of how radicalized the base has become the past 8-10 years in particular.

The Dems have consistently squandered almost every opportunity they’ve had through feckless leadership though. For decades.

When I look at the GOP, I see a party that is too far gone from catering to fundamentalists and pushing racial tension. When I look at the Dems, I see a severely reactionary and fractured party with no real sense of direction. Are both sides the same? Not at all. I think Dems like Hillary, Biden and Pelosi are every bit as awful though and too many liberals think “anyone but Trump” is productive politics.

JayOzOne likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Oh I agree. I think you misunderstand me. I’m not saying Democrats should play politics as usual and compromise. Quite the opposite. I’m commenting on how far removed we are at this point from a healthy political system where that can happen in a beneficial way. Democrats have pushed it to an uncompromising level more so than anyone. It’s a reflection of how radicalized the base has become the past 8-10 years in particular.

The Republicans have consistently squandered almost every opportunity they’ve had through feckless leadership though. For decades.

When I look at the DNC I see a party that is too far gone from catering to fundamentalists and pushing racial tension. When I look at the Republicans, I see a severely reactionary and fractured party with no real sense of direction. Are both sides the same? Not at all. I think Dems like Hillary, Biden and Pelosi are every bit as awful though and too many liberals think “anyone but Trump” is productive politics.

Fify