The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

Democrats like the popular vote is coming.  Build a coalition 

Illegals

Prisoners 

16 year olds,  the school can bus em to the polls

Lol

Meanwhile, Republicans are discovering new and exciting ways to keep black people from voting. 

Dang. Maybe it's still America after all. Am I the only one who lives in an area with so much pollen it makes my eyes water?

2 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

IMHO @HolyMoses is a real mensch. 

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

HM is crazy as **** sometimes. He's the only person I've met off of the board in real life and he helped me and the wife during a tough time though . He's my dude. 

I got a discount from a lawyer yall. Marinate on that one. 

What the F do you pricks know. 

SpongeDad, Carter, mdrake34 and 1 other like this

6 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

@WhenFalconsWin

When is the Criminal in Chief planning to resign? I figure you have the heads up w/ your Fox News expertise

Check this out, some 'R's have sense      The Atlantic, A Trump Transition Staffer Calls for Impeachment:

I’ve worked on every Republican presidential transition team for the past 10 years and recently served as counsel to the Republican-led House Financial Services Committee. My permanent job is as a law professor at the George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, which is not political, but where my colleagues have held many prime spots in Republican administrations. If you think calling for the impeachment of a sitting Republican president would constitute career suicide for someone like me, you may end up being right. But I did exactly that this weekend, tweeting that it’s time to begin impeachment proceedings. In the face of a Department of Justice policy that prohibited him from indicting a sitting president, Mueller drafted what any reasonable reader would see as a referral to Congress to commence impeachment hearings.

For this one, emphasis is added in the textual:
My close staunch Republican friend, who bleeds Trump orange, is now supporting Mayor Pete after the Mueller Report was released. The Trump ship is sinking. #RepublicansForImpeachment

— Rich Visotcky (@RichVisotcky) April 23, 2019

HolyMoses likes this

Let's see, Russia Russia Russia, Collusion Collusion Collusion, Obstruction Obstruction Obstruction...now it's Impeachment Impeachment Impeachment...Dems are truly stuck on stupid.

@Big_Dog aka Squirrely Bob :slick:

18 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

You don't have to say you're sorry to me, but you've clearly mis-characterized my point.  I "thought" I made it clear that student loan debt and free public college were two separate issues (but connected) as far as I was concerned.  One issue (student loan debt) could be tackled now, but the free public college issue could be a bugger (for private HBCUs) if details are not handled correctly...........

Let me go off on a tangent for a moment here.  If you are truly concerned about HBCUs existing going foreward as a whole, take a look at what pressures Howard is being put under RIGHT NOW.  Bruh, you do know that some nit wit had the nerve to go on television and said Howard should move because the students and alumni complained about the quad being used AS A DOG PARK by their new neighbors (when there is a dog park about two blocks over).  Let that marinate for a moment............................and realize as soon as the area around WSSU is targeted for redevelopment, free public college will be a secondary issue...............

Anyway, what do you think of Warren's proposals as a whole (50 billion for HBCUs)?  I give her credit, at least she's talking about her plans IN DEPTH and including us in the mix, and for that I give her her props!!!!

I truly want HBCUs to continue.  The way you are treated at an HBCU vs at a white institution is night and day different.  I wouldn’t trade my experiences at either NC A&T (ghoe) or WSSU. I am for whatever gets people free cool and sustains hbcus.

Gentrification is happening everywhere.  It’s getting bad in Charlotte.

also WSSU builds a new building and doesn’t do **** about parking close to it.  I feel for those kids

Leon Troutsky likes this

8 hours ago, achilles return said:

lol

1*aX2V8DxQffe4QqcMrOCX6A.png

I mean, it’s not wrong.  Politicians are cowards and opportunists.  But that is the poltiical reality.

A better approach for Bernie would be to argue for felon rights after they have been released — which he could get support for — and then while in office he can promote expansions of that and shape public opinion.  But starting with the most extreme (as viewed by voters) position isn’t the best way to accomplish his goals.

HolyMoses and SpongeDad like this

JFC...putting America’s elections at risk to keep from triggering the snowflake president.

WASHINGTON — In the months before Kirstjen Nielsen was forced to resign, she tried to focus the White House on one of her highest priorities as homeland security secretary: preparing for new and different Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election.

President Trump’s chief of staff told her not to bring it up in front of the president.

Ms. Nielsen left the Department of Homeland Security early this month after a tumultuous 16-month tenure and tensions with the White House. Officials said she had become increasingly concerned about Russia’s continued activity in the United States during and after the 2018 midterm elections — ranging from its search for new techniques to divide Americans using social media, to experiments by hackers, to rerouting internet traffic and infiltrating power grids.

But in a meeting this year, Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff, made it clear that Mr. Trump still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory. According to one senior administration official, Mr. Mulvaney said it “wasn’t a great subject and should be kept below his level.”

Even though the Department of Homeland Security has primary responsibility for civilian cyberdefense, Ms. Nielsen eventually gave up on her effort to organize a White House meeting of cabinet secretaries to coordinate a strategy to protect next year’s elections.

As a result, the issue did not gain the urgency or widespread attention that a president can command. And it meant that many Americans remain unaware of the latest versions of Russian interference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

JFC...putting America’s elections at risk to keep from triggering the snowflake president.

WASHINGTON — In the months before Kirstjen Nielsen was forced to resign, she tried to focus the White House on one of her highest priorities as homeland security secretary: preparing for new and different Russian forms of interference in the 2020 election.

President Trump’s chief of staff told her not to bring it up in front of the president.

Ms. Nielsen left the Department of Homeland Security early this month after a tumultuous 16-month tenure and tensions with the White House. Officials said she had become increasingly concerned about Russia’s continued activity in the United States during and after the 2018 midterm elections — ranging from its search for new techniques to divide Americans using social media, to experiments by hackers, to rerouting internet traffic and infiltrating power grids.

But in a meeting this year, Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff, made it clear that Mr. Trump still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory. According to one senior administration official, Mr. Mulvaney said it “wasn’t a great subject and should be kept below his level.”

Even though the Department of Homeland Security has primary responsibility for civilian cyberdefense, Ms. Nielsen eventually gave up on her effort to organize a White House meeting of cabinet secretaries to coordinate a strategy to protect next year’s elections.

As a result, the issue did not gain the urgency or widespread attention that a president can command. And it meant that many Americans remain unaware of the latest versions of Russian interference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

@WhenFalconsWin  You must be happy with Russia's involvement with Trump. You should hang your head in shame instead of proclaiming your crook is innocent according to the Mueller report.  He obstructed so many proven times that he could not be exonerated in 10 areas. That should be enough for any honest 'R' to start looking at how to restore honesty, tranparency and DIGNITY to the White House.

On 3/26/2019 at 0:57 PM, mdrake34 said:

I'm sure another caravan will conveniently appear in October, 2020, and they'll also use abortion to whip folks like my mom into a frenzy.  Plus the democrats are going to nominate Biden and he'll just be associated with Obama.

Serge, Carter, ATLBrave and 2 others like this

20 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

@Serge all of the democratic candidates are going to make pledges like this, Trump will refuse, and we'll get an entire two week outrage cycle on it from CNN and MSNBC.

Serge and Sn4tteRBoxXeR like this

45 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I mean, it’s not wrong.  Politicians are cowards and opportunists.  But that is the poltiical reality.

A better approach for Bernie would be to argue for felon rights after they have been released — which he could get support for — and then while in office he can promote expansions of that and shape public opinion.  But starting with the most extreme (as viewed by voters) position isn’t the best way to accomplish his goals.

Why would he want to do that when his current position provides such an ample opportunities for the purists to use the "flush" icon on candidates who are only SLIGHTLY to the left of the most liberal Democrats who have ever won National office.

41 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

That seems like the kinda story where they want you to read it as - what a surprise! - another story about Trump being a snowflake hypocrite that can't handle criticism, when it's actually fairly obvious he doesn't want it talked about because he wants to minimize and obfuscate Russian interference as much as possible.

Edit: I mean **** you might even jump to the conclusion that the anonymous Trump administration guys who gave this story to the NYT would rather the NYT portray Trump the way he chooses to portray himself, and turn this story into more Trump **** to throw on top of all the other Trump ****, than have the story come out looking like he was intentionally stifling work on Russian interference.

Leon Troutsky and mdrake34 like this

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I fully support regaining your voting rights when you get out. You've served your time.  

9 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

The weirdest part of all of this might be the role Israel is playing in this as they are killing it with their tech industry.  

mdrake34 likes this

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Or he could start building public support for it now.