Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

"But this is really — “If we had confidence Trump didn’t obstruct justice, we would so state.” In other words, even though they couldn’t find a single example of Trump obstructing justice, they aren’t sure he might not have anyway, and they just couldn’t find it. This is not permitted under Justice Department law.

You do not “not charge” somebody after an investigation and then list all the things you think they did. That’s what Comey did to Hillary, and that’s why he got into a little heap big trouble here. Not supposed to do that. That’s why some people are worried about what’s happening to our rule of law, the Department of Justice — this, folks, it is beyond description." -Rush Limbaugh

i've never listened to limbaugh before so it's good to know he's as dumb as he appears

there is no doj policy to 'not indict' the secretary of state. comey gave a televised conference about a private citizen. donald j trump is not a private citizen - he's the president of the united states. the doj and the special prosecutor has decided it cannot indict a sitting president because of congress' exclusive place as arbiter of impeachment. congress cannot fulfill its constitutional role of executive branch oversight without all the evidence. that means complete access to the report.

mdrake34 likes this

26 minutes ago, Serge said:

I'm angry. The Resistance helped Trump and can't admit it because he played them for ******* suckers with his media games, so nothing of great consequence was learned and Trump's more likely to get reelected.

How do you square this anger with the results of 2018? (Because the overwhelming success for Democrats was owed to specifically not focusing on the Investigations into Trump?) I won't put words in your mouth.

4 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

How do you square this anger with the results of 2018? (Because the overwhelming success for Democrats was owed to specifically not focusing on the Investigations into Trump?) I won't put words in your mouth.

The investigation hadn't concluded with zero indictments for Trump at that point.

46 minutes ago, achilles return said:

sorry to be the one to break this to you, but it turns out disparaging gay men and women is grotesque and using your platform as public figure to harass them about eternal ****ation actually just makes you nothing more than human refuse. it looks like the australian football league decided it didn't want terrible people representing its brand. good for them!

So you mean a Christian quoting scripture is human refuse? Hmm

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

The investigation hadn't concluded with zero indictments for Trump at that point.

It sounds like you have a limited view of what the Mueller Report contains.

It's not only a roadmap to impeachment, but there is the explicit possibility that Trump is indicted after he leaves office.

Anyone else know 12 church buildings have been burned in the last few months? France's ministry of interior numbers show there were over 1700 religous based attacks in 2018.

100 of those were attacks against muslims, 500 were anti semitic 

1063 were attacks on Christian's and churches. 

2 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

It's not only a roadmap to impeachment, but there is the explicit possibility that Trump is indicted after he leaves office.

What the **** good is it if he's indicted after he leaves office? You think he isn't running in 2020?

5 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

:golfclap: illegal immigrants stopped, reported, and hopefully returned to place of origin.  Good job

2 hours ago, Red&Black said:

The fact that you think the quote isn't useful or accurate after this week's events is a head-scratcher.

APP-041819-CNN-FNN.jpg"But this is really — “If we had confidence Trump didn’t obstruct justice, we would so state.” In other words, even though they couldn’t find a single example of Trump obstructing justice, they aren’t sure he might not have anyway, and they just couldn’t find it. This is not permitted under Justice Department law.

You do not “not charge” somebody after an investigation and then list all the things you think they did. That’s what Comey did to Hillary, and that’s why he got into a little heap big trouble here. Not supposed to do that. That’s why some people are worried about what’s happening to our rule of law, the Department of Justice — this, folks, it is beyond description." -Rush Limbaugh

You guys keep talking about "FNN" like anyone here actually cares about CNN. The only times I ever watch cable news channels are for natural disasters and debates. Maybe townhalls if I'm bored enough. I certainly don't watch them for political news coverage or pundit shows like Maddow, Hannity, Tucker Carlson, etc... and I sure as **** don't let multimillionaire blowhards that have made their fortunes peddling bs and inciting hatred tell me what the truth is.

It says very clearly in the Mueller report that obstruction happened. It details specific evidence of it happening. You seem to have trouble understanding what the words "if we had confidence [it didn't happen], we would so state" mean. The responsibility of pursuing anything against a sitting president falls to Congress. That little spin job about Comey and Hillary is what intelligent people call bs.

Use your brain.

49 minutes ago, Serge said:

What the **** good is it if he's indicted after he leaves office? You think he isn't running in 2020?

That's fair, you don't care. It's a consolation prize for many of us.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:30 PM, Andrews_31 said:

Question for anyone that watches Fox News or OAN.  Any sightings of that pie faced hack Devin Neunes or that fat pig that represents upper/lower Florabama?

Oh btw I think he's on Keto now

1 hour ago, T-Falcon said:

So you mean a Christian quoting scripture is human refuse? Hmm

the disconnect here is that you think any of us care at all about him being christian. we don't. you're conflating christianity with a specific set of behaviors concerning gay men and women. that's on you. i don't care about your religious doctrine, it means nothing to me. i care about how gay men and women are treated in society. 

if you cannot call yourself christian without also being a terrible person, that's your burden, not ours. 

14 minutes ago, achilles return said:

the disconnect here is that you think any of us care at all about him being christian. we don't. you're conflating christianity with a specific set of behaviors concerning gay men and women. that's on you. i don't care about your religious doctrine, it means nothing to me. i care about how gay men and women are treated in society. 

if you cannot call yourself christian without also being a terrible person, that's your burden, not ours. 

The Bible states its views on homosexuality very clearly.  If you can't accept that move along because you aren't being forced to.  Dont like it? Tough cookies because in the grand scheme if things your pebble sized brain with its made up ethics aren't worth the value of dung in comparison to the truth.  

12 minutes ago, T-Falcon said:

The Bible states its views on homosexuality very clearly.  If you can't accept that move along because you aren't being forced to.  Dont like it? Tough cookies because in the grand scheme if things your pebble sized brain with its made up ethics aren't worth the value of dung in comparison to the truth.  

i don't care. society doesn't care.

treat gay men and women like anyone else or you'll be deservedly ostracized. 

2 hours ago, T-Falcon said:

Anyone else know 12 church buildings have been burned in the last few months? France's ministry of interior numbers show there were over 1700 religous based attacks in 2018.

100 of those were attacks against muslims, 500 were anti semitic 

1063 were attacks on Christian's and churches. 

fwiw, the math on this comes out to

1 attack per thirty-three thousand muslims

1 attack per thirty-one thousand christians

1 attack per one thousand jews

2 hours ago, achilles return said:

If Loretta Lynch didn't do anything wrong, then William Barr didn't either.  Comey sure did; mueller calling his firing possible obstruction is laughable.  Rush had plenty of days to explain to his audience the intricacies of the mechanisms, but Thursday's show was about the hot take, the takeaway, and messaging.  

You might have already seen this, a great read https://www.lawfareblog.com/watergate-road-map-what-it-says-and-what-it-suggests-mueller

I'll leave you with a message that I'll paraphrase from a caller to the show, because it sums things up in a unique way.  Conservative/Right/Republicans know that there is injustice and imperfections, but at the end of the day, they will be "chillin' with the J-Man."  Libs/Left/Dems are so bent/activist/#resistance because they think that this world is all there is, and he said this also explained the man-made global warming hoax;)

6 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Exactly. Anyone still on the Trump Train can be best described as either drunk, sick or crazy. They are as stupid as the Jim Jones koolaid drinkers. But that's their choice.

7 hours ago, Red&Black said:

APP-041819-CNN-FNN.jpg

I can agree with this — Rush Limbaugh is basically a fake news network.

Also, it’s kind of hilarious because most people see “FNN” and think “Fox News Network”...so keep up the self-own.  

AF89, mdrake34 and Carter like this

5 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

That's fair, you don't care. It's a consolation prize for many of us.

Exactly, it isn't useful, in the sense that it might force Trump out of office, but because there's still a sliver of hope that it'll eventually take down Trump, some of y'all are gonna act like the Mueller report didn't need to get Trump while he's in office to be a success.

And in your mind sure, you can think what you want about whether that consolation prize is realistic and worthwhile, but in the world, Trump is using the lack of evidence that he works for Putin to minimize the rest of the report and claim victory while Democrats argue about whether or not to impeach and the public prays for a conclusion to the whole Russiagate storyline.

7 hours ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Possibility?  More than likely I'd say.

Maybe our legal experts can weigh in on this, but if a person tries continuously to obstruct an investigation but is stopped by his lawyers...is that still obstruction?  In other words, is attempted obstruction still a crime?

34 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Maybe our legal experts can weigh in on this, but if a person tries continuously to obstruct an investigation but is stopped by his lawyers...is that still obstruction?  In other words, is attempted obstruction still a crime?

I heard it explained by some legal authority on cable tv that it's called conspiracy to commit a crime. (Person plans to rob a bank, tries to get his partner to be an accomplice, partner backs out, the person planning is guilty of conspiracy).