Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,032 posts in this topic

This comes not long after Corbyn went to Brussels to discuss his plan with EU officials, which they were reportedly open to. Having time to negotiate that, however, was almost certainly contingent on supporting a second referendum.

Still, probably won't matter. The Tories and DUP aren't going to remove May and risk early elections that would undoubtedly bring about a Corbyn ministry. Also, lol @ the Independent Group.

@GEORGIAfan

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

It doesn't matter, they won't believe it. The #nevertrumpers like Adam Schiffless are ready to sue DOJ for  the lack of transparency the Mueller report will display.

When the report will falls short of what Schiffless wants to see he has already proclaimed he will start another investigation the House Intelligence Committee.

54 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This comes not long after Corbyn went to Brussels to discuss his plan with EU officials, which they were reportedly open to. Having time to negotiate that, however, was almost certainly contingent on supporting a second referendum.

Still, probably won't matter. The Tories and DUP aren't going to remove May and risk early elections that would undoubtedly bring about a Corbyn ministry. Also, lol @ the Independent Group.

@GEORGIAfan

LOL indeed.  TIG did its job. They and other MPs forced Labour to back a second referendum. Let's not forget that after the first 7 left, 1 more Labour MP left and 3 Tory MPs left as well. TIG was becoming a multiple party AntiBrexit coalition. And even from the day TIG was started, we saw reports that as many as 30 other MPs were planning on quitting labour. TIG and others in the party forced Corbyn's hand.

No matter how he got to the right position, I am glad that he did. 

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

LOL indeed.  TIG did its job. They and other MPs forced Labour to back a second referendum. Let's not forget that after the first 7 left, 1 more Labour MP left and 3 Tory MPs left as well. TIG was becoming a multiple party AntiBrexit coalition. And even from the day TIG was started, we saw reports that as many as 30 other MPs were planning on quitting labour. TIG and others in the party forced Corbyn's hand.

No matter how he got to the right position, I am glad that he did. 

The EU wanting a second referendum, especially as a condition to negotiation extensions, was going to happen no matter what if your goal was anything but no deal.

As for the Independent Group, like I said before, the Blairites have routinely failed to vote Corbyn out and have done little but confirm that they have lost control of the party. The only options left for them was to either fall in line, which many have, or to sabotage Labour by splitting the vote and 'prove' that they can't win with him in charge. A sad, pathetic death.

They'll run into the same problem that Kamala is starting to run into. When you have no platform, beliefs, or goals in order to be a blank slate for everyone then voters will begin to figure you out and that opposition sheen will wear off.

New Yorker Magazine   12:00 PM

A staff member of Donald Trump’s 2016 Presidential campaign filed a lawsuit in federal court in Florida on Monday, alleging that she experienced “racial and gender discrimination” while working for the campaign, that she was paid less than male and white colleagues, and that Trump once kissed her partially on the mouth, without her consent. Four people said that the campaign worker, Alva Johnson, told them about the incident afterward, but two other people, who Johnson said were present at the time of the kiss, told me that they did not see it. In a statement, Sarah Sanders, the White House press secretary, denied that it had taken place.

Johnson’s suit is at least the sixth legal case in which Trump campaign or Administration employees have defied their nondisclosure agreements. Three of those actions, including Johnson’s, were filed this month. Johnson, who was the campaign’s administrative field-operations director in Florida, signed a nondisclosure agreement that bars her from revealing any information “in any way detrimental to the Company, Mr. Trump, any Family Member, any Trump Company or any Family Member company.” Johnson’s attorney, Hassan Zavareei, said, “We expect that Trump will try to use the unconscionable N.D.A. and forced arbitration agreement to silence Ms. Johnson. We will fight this strong-arm tactic.”

“For nearly two centuries, US politicians have channeled extremism outward. But the frontier is gone, the empire is faltering, and the chickens are coming home to roost." 

This is a good read.

Psychic Gibbon likes this

21 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The EU wanting a second referendum, especially as a condition to negotiation extensions, was going to happen no matter what if your goal was anything but no deal.

As for the Independent Group, like I said before, the Blairites have routinely failed to vote Corbyn out and have done little but confirm that they have lost control of the party. The only options left for them was to either fall in line, which many have, or to sabotage Labour by splitting the vote and 'prove' that they can't win with him in charge. A sad, pathetic death.

They'll run into the same problem that Kamala is starting to run into. When you have no platform, beliefs, or goals in order to be a blank slate for everyone then voters will begin to figure you out and that opposition sheen will wear off.

Remember how you said Remain wouldn't be on the ballot. 

TIG did its job on brexit. We will see what they do next, but there will be no more bleeding on MPs from Labour. And this vote wouldn't have happened without TIG showing they were serious. We have gone from No Peoples vote to maybe a peoples vote, but no remain option to Peoples vote with no "no deal" option. 

Now, I don't follow UK politics outside of brexit much, so I haven't seen the antisemitism, so we will see what progress happens on that issue. 

16 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Remember how you said Remain wouldn't be on the ballot. 

TIG did its job on brexit. We will see what they do next, but there will be no more bleeding on MPs from Labour. And this vote wouldn't have happened without TIG showing they were serious. We have gone from No Peoples vote to maybe a peoples vote, but no remain option to Peoples vote with no "no deal" option. 

Now, I don't follow UK politics outside of brexit much, so I haven't seen the antisemitism, so we will see what progress happens on that issue. 

No.

On 1/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

I doubt he'd have a choice regardless of his opinion. He'd need more than two months to negotiate a deal and the EU would most likely force a second referendum in exchange for a potential extension. Likewise, a huge chunk of his party is pushing for that as well.