Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,808 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Hmmm...

With the masks and gloves he made them buy, it must have been some wicked sm fitness training they were planning...

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

but no, they've got to be "props"

no way the youth could be interested in the existential issue of their generation. 

Just ask them if it's ok to postpone the Green Deal for a few years and spend the day in Disneyland instead and see what their existential preoccupations really are...

Just now, Vogelgryff said:

Just ask them if it's ok to postpone the Green Deal for a few years and spend the day in Disneyland instead and see what their existential preoccupations really are...

there is no doubt in my mind that they are better informed on the issues than you. 

5 minutes ago, achilles return said:

there is no doubt in my mind that they are better informed on the issues than you. 

Considering that I'm 100% for an immediate and drastic change in favor of an ecological revolution, what you just wrote is moronic... at best.

10 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

With the masks and gloves he made them buy, it must have been some wicked sm fitness training they were planning...

Don't get me wrong. I never believed his story because none of it made sense. But the Chicago police department is notorious for it's willingness to lie on the stand and to the public. It's not beyond the realm of my believing that they nailed Smollett for being a shyster and a fool but may have gotten the details wrong. The interesting thing about the brothers' grand jury testimony is that it's going to piss somebody off and make an surrealistic situation even more bizarre. 

7 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Don't get me wrong. I never believed his story because none of it made sense. But the Chicago police department is notorious for it's willingness to lie on the stand and to the public. It's not beyond the realm of my believing that they nailed Smollett for being a shyster and a fool but may have gotten the details wrong. The interesting thing about the brothers' grand jury testimony is that it's going to piss somebody off and make an surrealistic situation even more bizarre. 

When I first read about it, it was already considered fishy. However tbh, I'm not sure I would have been that perspicacious if I had known about it from the start...

Edited by Vogelgryff

14 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

They can care about both. Suggesting that someone shouldn't pursue an interest because there might be something they might prefer to do at the moment is disingenuous. If I found a million dollar lottery ticket and the only time that I could cash it in another city was on election day, I wouldn't be voting that day. And I've never missed an election in 38 years. It doesn't mean that voting is not important to me.

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

They can care about both. Suggesting that someone shouldn't pursue an interest because there might be something they might prefer to do at the moment is disingenuous. If I found a million dollar lottery ticket and the only time that I could cash it in another city was on election day, I wouldn't be voting that day. And I've never missed an election in 38 years. It doesn't mean that voting is not important to me.

So, bs them about the fact that the planet is just doing fine. They are kids. They will believe you. That's why they were used, like little parrots.

1 minute ago, Vogelgryff said:

When I first read about it, it was already considered fishy. However tbh, I'm not sure I would have been that perspicacious if had known about it from the start...

LOL. I copied and pasted "perspicacious" in Google because I didn't want to spell it wrong. But in my experience, nobody warns you that they're going to hurt you. And with inkjet printers, there's no need to cut letters out of magazines to create an untraceable note. That only happens in movies. And if two guys have you beat to the point that they can pour bleach on you and throw a noose around your neck, you're not going to present to the hospital with a scrape on your cheek and sore ribs. If he survived at all, he wouldn't have all of his teeth or anything less than the concussion of his life.

There were more inconsistencies and nonsensical aspects of his account. It was the Megalogdon of fishy stories from the beginning.

When I was 7 the world knew the closest thing to (relative) peace it likely ever will again :slick:

**** even Isreal and Arafat were making mealy mouthed peace noises 

7 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

So, bs them about the fact that the planet is just doing fine. They are kids. They will believe you. That's why they were used, like little parrots.

About 15 middle school and high school students in the San Francisco Bay area met with Feinstein on Friday, asking the six-term senator whether she would vote for the ambitious climate change proposal introduced this month by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/23/schoolchildren-debate-dianne-feinstein-green-new-deal-her-reply-i-know-what-im-doing/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2b497e46324b

no one in the group was seven years old, genius.

literally in the quoted text i posted last night:

“But we have come to a point where our Earth is dying, and it is literally a pricey and ambitious plan that is needed to deal with the magnitude of that issue,” a 16-year-old student replied. “So we’re asking you to vote 'yes’ on the resolution for the Green New Deal because —”

The senator interrupted, “That resolution will not pass the Senate, and you can take that back to whoever sent you here.” She added, “I’ve been in the Senate for a quarter of a century, and I know what can pass, and I know what can’t pass.”

but the "props"!

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

The 7 years old are too busy writing here on your behalf?

2 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

They are little parrots. But who BSed them about the fact that the planet is doing fine? They believe that it's not doing fine. And yeah, kids find their political voice via their parents and role models. Kids wearing MAGA hats and Trump shirts have no clue that the kids in cages are just like them, if they know about them at all. They think that those other kids are monsters, coming to steal their opportunity thanks to their deplorable parents.

It works for both sides; nature vs nurture. None of us born hugging trees or introducing lead into the water pipes of poor communities.

With that being said, I have zero problems with teaching children to exercise their political voices. It's our present, but it's their future. There's a great chance that almost all of those children, unlike the majority of Millenials, are all going to be voters and that a handful will be politically active when they become adults. There's nothing wrong with that.

12 minutes ago, AF89 said:

When I was 7 the world knew the closest thing to (relative) peace it likely ever will again :slick:

**** even Isreal and Arafat were making mealy mouthed peace noises 

When I was 54 years old, I believed that the struggle for civil rights, if not won, was marching toward victory. Now, at 56 I realize how foolish I had been for 54 years.

8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

Typically when young people visit their senator’s office, they go home with a bunch of grip-and-grin photos showing them shaking hands with the lawmaker.

But when an environmental activist group brought several children to Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s San Francisco office Friday to lobby her to back the Green New Deal, what they got was more of a finger-wagging than a handshake.

The group, the Sunrise Movement, posted a video that promptly went viral of Bay Area kids ages 7 to 16 quarreling with the 85-year-old Democrat, who was just elected to her fifth full term.

9 minutes ago, achilles return said:

6 minutes ago, Vogelgryff said:

The 7 years old are too busy writing here on your behalf?

Why get personal? 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

When did the GOP become the party of opposition to all things sensible? 

It's like they just do what they to trigger the libs and only to trigger the libs.