Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,808 posts in this topic

MAGA by saving a buck or two

The Trump administration issued a rule Friday barring Planned Parenthood and other groups that offer abortions or abortion referrals from participating in the $286 million federal family planning program, reports the Washington Post.

Per the Post, critics of the mandate say it indirectly defunds Planned Parenthood, which provides general health care and STD treatment in addition to abortion services. The Title X program mostly serves low-income women. Supporters of the rule and antiabortion groups, like the Susan B. Anthony List, say it will "disentangle taxpayers" from Planned Parenthood.

3 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

MAGA by saving a buck or two

The Trump administration issued a rule Friday barring Planned Parenthood and other groups that offer abortions or abortion referrals from participating in the $286 million federal family planning program, reports the Washington Post.

Per the Post, critics of the mandate say it indirectly defunds Planned Parenthood, which provides general health care and STD treatment in addition to abortion services. The Title X program mostly serves low-income women. Supporters of the rule and antiabortion groups, like the Susan B. Anthony List, say it will "disentangle taxpayers" from Planned Parenthood.

I guess the people who use those services don't pay taxes.

Big_Dog likes this

Just now, JayOzOne said:

I guess the people who use those services don't pay taxes.

Sounds like that might be the case for many: "The Title X program mostly serves low-income women."

1 minute ago, JayOzOne said:

#MAGA

My elementary school did something similar, but Teachers were owners/capturers and students were the slaves. Some teachers would be people helping us along the way. :shrug:

Just now, Porkins said:

Sounds like that might be the case for many: "The Title X program mostly serves low-income women."

We pay taxes on "income", low or not. It never ceases to amaze me how the right is all for individual rights except when they're not for them. And they worry without ceasing about imposition of Sharia law but have no problem with forcing their religious beliefs on others.

14 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Are they blind? If its linked anyway in any form to a minority person, regardless of how big or small, Trump always has something to say.

1 minute ago, Statick said:

Are they blind? If its linked anyway in any form to a black person, regardless of how big or small, Trump always has something to say.

I'll engage in whataboutism for just a sec: If Milo Ventimiglia from "This Is Us" (an ensemble drama series, like "Empire") had accused black members of Antifa of mugging him before being found to have lied, people would still be wondering who the **** Milo Ventimiglia is. And if a Muslim had been busted for a plot to kill as many people as possible, especially conservative members of the government and right wing journalists, there would have been a few hour-long news specials airing on several networks to report on it.

25 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I’ve been wondering if something like this would come out.

It’s intriguing when you consider who might be the source of the reporting about “next week”.  Mueller has been notoriously silent about news regarding the investigation.  So it’s unlikely that his office would be the source.

That leaves people in the DOJ, including perhaps Whitaker or Barr.  Which could be an effort to pressure Mueller to hurry up?  

I don’t know.  We’ll find out next week, I suppose.  But this raises more questions than it answers in light of Whitaker’s public comments about it.

4 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

When did prostitution and human trafficking become interchangeable terms? 

This is a good thing tho because I guarantee you now that a very powerful person (who has a history of getting the rules bent to what he wants) has been caught up in it, major publications will suddenly decide that maybe there could be some nuance between illegal sex trafficking and illegal prostitution. 

Ladies and Gentlemen....sex work has found its Tuck Rule

wait that didn't sound right