Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I don't know what you guys are talking about but Amazon's 25K jobs were going to go to nationwide jobseekers and H1B visas, not the tax-paying community already there in NY.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The state and city were also going to subsidize the salaries of the employees, all of which were going to be brought in instead of hired from within the state and city, to go along with helping to fund construction projects... including a taxpayer funded personal helipad for Bezos. It's simply ridiculous no matter how you try to slice it, especially considering we know that, just last year, Amazon had nearly $20 billion worth of profits that went untaxed. It's all the more ridiculous when you add that Google is doing something similar in NYC but without everything that was being thrown at Amazon.

You can expand the economy without begging corporations to be parasites.

With the money we put towards the war machine, global warming, trillions in national debt, etc.......it really doesn't matter. We're all terminally ill patients who decided to apply for 50 credit cards to have one last hoorah. Smoke em if you got em.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

With the money we put towards the war machine, global warming, trillions in national debt, etc.......it really doesn't matter. We're all terminally ill patients who decided to apply for 50 credit cards to have one last hoorah. Smoke em if you got em.

to exist is to resist

Just now, SpongeDad said:

Alright. I'd prefer to build a better world instead of rolling over and accepting doom though. Part of that includes not letting corporations be parasites.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Think about the taxes (which NY desperately needs) that are now gone. No wonder people are fleeing California and NY in droves. 

Some are fleeing New York because the taxes they were willing to forego in order to bring in Amazon aren't being spent to fix the subways and infrastructure, so they can't even get to work reliably. It doesn't help the people who have jobs if they are inconvenienced by a transit system that constantly breaks down.

Just now, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

to exist is to resist

I've talked about politics 2 days in a row here instead of boobs, guitars, and transformers....

tenor.gif?itemid=4454139

4 hours ago, Statick said:

Jussie Smollett arrested and faces a felony charge for allegedly filing false police report

More than three weeks after he alleged that he was the victim of a hate crime, actor Jussie Smollett has been arrested on suspicion of filing a false report about it, Chicago police said Thursday morning.

-----------------

F'n moron.

He will effectively end his Hollywood career over this BS if found guilty.

@mdrake34  If you were his defense attorney, how would you approach this case? Just say he has mental issues and needs help?

6 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Killing babies isnt a right

I agree, but I'm also for abortion if it threatens the health of the mother.

4 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

LOL. Nice talking point. How 'bout these babies?

Comparing a tragic school shooting to abortion as a counterpoint....JFC

kicker likes this

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

WTAF?

Who wrote THAT?

"Behind the wheel of a car that killed. . . "

Bull!

He killed a pedestrian!!!!

He was not "behind the wheel".

He was DRIVING!

The car did not kill the pedestrian.

HE CAUSED THE CAR TO STRIKE THE PEDESTRIAN.

This goes back to something I told my kids a long time ago.  If they ever tell me that "The car went out of control", they will never drive on my dime again.

Have some accountability, folks.

Edit:  There might not have been negligence on the part of the coach.  The victim had been in another wreck and was out of the car.  The coach hit the pedestrian trying to avoid the wrecked car.

The critical lesson here is that IF you get out of your car (especially if there are marginal conditions and obstructions in the roadway) make SURE you have something very large and solid between you and oncoming traffic.

This is also true if you stop to render aid.  Make sure you are protected first..  

mdrake34 likes this

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

If the heading of the email was "DAD! THAT GUY'S A CROOK! TELL HIM TO KICK ROCKS, QUICK!!!!", then you might have made a mistake.

I was (hopefully) being sarcastic.  I tend to miss emails, but not when they are from my boys.

JayOzOne likes this

"billionaires shouldn't exist" is in no way similar to "liberals are snowflakes". one is an actual argument about policy, the other is just projection masquerading as a personal attack. 

moreover, the dude literally just posted screenshots of some articles. being so dismissive purely out of some perceived ideological difference to the point you couldn't even bring yourself to just look at a couple pictures to confirm the guy's point would clearly look like you're simply being evasive for the sake of avoiding having to reckon with the argument. it's not like he's demanding that you read his thesis or something.

31 minutes ago, achilles return said:

every billionaire is a policy failure.

Please explain.  What’s the threshold that creates this?  $1MM?  $500MM?  What should happen to a person that creates a company and its wealth increases to $1B?  Someone or something must control this wealth.  

10 minutes ago, kicker said:

Please explain.  What’s the threshold that creates this?  $1MM?  $500MM?  What should happen to a person that creates a company and its wealth increases to $1B?  Someone or something must control this wealth.  

same issue gun rights advocates face.

the british government stripped a teenage girl born in the united kingdom of her citizenship because she went to syria and joined isis

that this was even possible further demonstrates the moral necessity of jus soli and the importance of sacrosanct birthright citizenship. 

24 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

THIS IS SICKENING ON SO MANY LEVELS INCLUDING THAT TRUMP APPOINTED THIS M.F. TO US LABOR SECRETARY AND THE SENATE APPROVED HIM.

c0hNv4W.png