Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

135,676 posts in this topic

Take your pick :shrug:

The Justice Department is preparing for special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation to end as soon as next week.  In WIRED, the well-wired Garrett M. Graff gives seven "wrap up" scenarios for how it could all end, ranging from a simple letter to Attorney General Bill Barr all the way to a novelistic, explosive report authored by Mueller's team:

1. "Mueller sends the attorney general a simple 'declination letter,' telling Bill Barr that he’s concluded his work as special counsel."
  2. "Mueller compiles a detailed 'roadmap,' providing Congress with an annotated bibliography or index of sorts outlining impeachment-worthy presidential 'high crimes and misdemeanors.'"
  3. "Mueller authors a detailed novelistic narrative, akin to what the 9/11 Commission wrote or what Ken Starr authored at the conclusion of his Whitewater hearing."
  4. "He offers both a final round of 'his' indictments as well as a detailed report like #2 or #3."
  5. "He offers a report, something more akin to a progress report rather than a single, definitive one."
  6. "He closes up shop but refers numerous active cases to other prosecutors."
  7. "Mueller unseals one or more long-standing sealed indictments."
  8. Or who gives a s.hit what happens

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Harris making missteps everyday. Who falls out first? Her, Bernie, Booker, or Warren?

Bernie is going to be your next POTUS. You better start prepping mentally...

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I wonder what caused the shift in opinion.

You're posting a tweet from a guy who's screen name is "Every billionaire is a policy failure". That would be like wfw posting a tweet from "Every liberal is a snowflake" to prove a point......which you would quickly ridicule and shoot down from the screen name alone. I've seen it time and time again. If you believe a certain way, you go looking for info to support your pov from sources that are like minded. Same as he.

Just now, SpongeDad said:

You're posting a tweet from a guy who's screen name is "Every billionaire is a policy failure". That would be like wfw posting a tweet from "Every liberal is a snowflake" to prove a point......which you would quickly ridicule and shoot down from the screen name alone. I've seen it time and time again. If you believe a certain way, you go looking for info to support your pov from sources that are like minded. Same as he.

That guy is one of AOC's advisors lol

10 hours ago, Rocko said:

Ya im very pro right to life, and liberty and the pursuit of happiness,  and 2nd ammendment and 1st and 4th. You dont get to squash a right because of a tragedy. 

You're cool with squashing Roe, though. Fake.

Why didn't Trump tweet about the White Nationalist, Anti-Democrat mass murderer that was apprehended before he could hurt anyone? He should be congratulating our law enforcement for doing a great job. This Right Wing, White Supremacist, White Terrorist should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the UCMJ.

Edited by ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒
Door Gunner likes this

4 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

Sheesh! If I had a dime for every time I ignored email from my son . . . .

If the heading of the email was "DAD! THAT GUY'S A CROOK! TELL HIM TO KICK ROCKS, QUICK!!!!", then you might have made a mistake.

HolyMoses likes this

2 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Why didn't Trump tweet about the White Nationalist, Anti-Democrat mass murderer that was apprehended before he could hurt anyone? He should be congratulating our law enforcement for doing a great job. This Right Wing, White Supremacist, White Terrorist should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the UCMJ.

nervous mickey mouse GIF

1 hour ago, Big_Dog said:

Take your pick :shrug:

The Justice Department is preparing for special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation to end as soon as next week.  In WIRED, the well-wired Garrett M. Graff gives seven "wrap up" scenarios for how it could all end, ranging from a simple letter to Attorney General Bill Barr all the way to a novelistic, explosive report authored by Mueller's team:

2. Or who gives a s.hit what happens

You do Squirrely Bob.  So I will be on a extreme watch, to make sure you're okay, when all this amounts up to a mole hill of beans. 

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

That guy is one of AOC's advisors lol

I'm not dug in on the left or right side. But 25K jobs is never a bad thing. Regardless is it cost 3B, you gotta give the community a chance. It's really about sticking it to the corporate giants from a small group when the people needing the jobs far outnumber her posse.

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'm not dug in on the left or right side. But 25K jobs is never a bad thing. Regardless is it cost 3B, you gotta give the community a chance. It's really about sticking it to the corporate giants from a small group when the people needing the jobs far outnumber her posse.

I don't know what you guys are talking about but Amazon's 25K jobs were going to go to nationwide jobseekers and H1B visas, not the tax-paying community already there in NY.

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I have often posted publications from the left to support my POV.  Unfortunately, they are getting as rare as hens teeth to find. I have never said anything remotely like "every liberal" is a snowflake. Many are, but not all. I never use blanket statements, when in doubt use some, most, few, but never use none/all, then you set yourself up for failure.  That is the first step towards credibility. 

Just now, SpongeDad said:

The state and city were also going to subsidize the salaries of the employees, all of which were going to be brought in instead of hired from within the state and city, to go along with helping to fund construction projects... including a taxpayer funded personal helipad for Bezos. It's simply ridiculous no matter how you try to slice it, especially considering we know that, just last year, Amazon had nearly $20 billion worth of profits that went untaxed. It's all the more ridiculous when you add that Google is doing something similar in NYC but without everything that was being thrown at Amazon.

You can expand the economy without begging corporations to be parasites.

AF89 likes this

4 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Think about the taxes (which NY desperately needs) that are now gone. No wonder people are fleeing California and NY in droves. 

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Between this and the videos resurfacing of Sanders denouncing our direct support for death squads and far-right dictatorships that committed crimes against humanity and genocide in Central America I'm starting to think that Sanders was better in the 80s.

No politician is as good as the person they were before they came to Washington. No one is immune to it. 

Door Gunner and JayOzOne like this

Shouldn't we save welfare for actual poor people.  How the **** do you think giving billionaires free money is a good idea.  

Edited by mfaulk57158
Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Think about the taxes (which NY desperately needs) that are now gone. No wonder people are fleeing California and NY in droves. 

government teat*******

Edited by mfaulk57158

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

There’s one huge flaw: Californians aren’t actually leaving the state at anything like a significant rate. According the U.S. Census, between 2014 and 2015, California had thesecond lowest out-migration rate after Texas: slightly less than 21 out of every 1,000 California residents left. In the three years before that, California even edged out Texas.

https://medium.com/ca-rising/the-great-migration-myth-bda59595dfa2

I will never understand the point of this talking point. Even less so seeing as how it's completely fabricated.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

15 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

You're cool with squashing Roe, though. Fake.

Yeah, but I am sure he is for changing the Law for a made up tragedy.

#buildthatwall!

or is it #finishthatwall ? I forget.

JayOzOne likes this