Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

135,829 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

That sucks. I gotta say, that's one thing that worries me a lot. We have bike lanes everywhere out here, seriously everywhere. I've seen numerous bikers fall or wreck. I get a little tense whenever I drive by a few bikers in the bike lane.

Terrified that they're going to fall and I'm gonna pop their head with my passenger side tires...

AF89 and mdrake34 like this

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

One minute investigation would have save you embarrassment...the.lies bare sad and desperate.

President Trump tweeted Wednesday that a new section of the border wall just erected in New Mexico, and he was telling the truth.

Customs and Border Protection confirmed in an email to me that the wall referenced in Trump's tweet was a project announced in April 2018 to build 20 miles of new steel wall that replaced small fencing that prevents vehicle crossing. The new barriers are from 18 to 30 feet high, depending on the terrain.

Money for the project came from the congressional budget passed in May 2017, signed by Trump. It granted $73.3 million toward the Santa Teresa area of border in New Mexico, which sits just outside of El Paso.

"We have just built this powerful Wall in New Mexico," Trump tweeted. "Completed on January 30, 2019 – 47 days ahead of schedule! Many miles more now under construction!"

the new construction for the New Mexico wall was completed on Jan. 30, that would also mean Trump was right about it finishing well ahead of schedule. A press release from the Department of Homeland Security in April last year said that the project would begin immediately and would take approximately 390 days, which would have been in May. (A report in the El Paso Times in September, however, had readjusted the expected finish date to be closer to March.)

Trump last week also bragged that the administration had begun a new 6-mile stretch of wall in Texas. That was also true. 

Quoting the Washington Examiner as the beacon of whats true...

15 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Ah, good old Montana.

Where the right-wing can back up just far enough (where they don't go into Canada) where they feel safe enough to spew and live out their biases in relative isolation from the rest of civilized society.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall in the court room when Judge Jackson crawls inside Stone and his attorneys at the 2:30 hearing today.

Just now, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Quoting the Washington Examiner as the beacon of whats true...

Google it yourself, there are a ton of articles on It. Obviously not the fake/scm though. Stop embarrassing yourselves.

30 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought we were past that already? I said earlier I haven't seen him try to shut this initiative down, if that is the case then he is supporting the effort.

That's complete horse****, it's his or it isn't, someone can't push an initiative with his name on it If he himself isn't pushing.

AF89 likes this

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Wow. Trump knows his base is so gullible and stupid that he is trying to get them to believe that the wall is already built. It's gone from "Build the Wall!" to "Finish the Wall!"

Sad to say, they'll believe him. Poor devils.

25 minutes ago, Statick said:

Wow. Trump knows his base is so gullible and stupid that he is trying to get them to believe that the wall is already built. It's gone from "Build the Wall!" to "Finish the Wall!"

"Finish the closely spaced steel slats! Metaphorically speaking, of course."

::wfw wipes a single streaming tear and stands up clapping with ever-increasing vigor::

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

Well, yeah, they willingly believe anything they want more or less

AF89, Statick and mdrake34 like this

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

*******, these GOPers are adept at breaking the law.

Stop sending these goons to Club Fed and put them with some blue collar criminals for some true rehabilitation.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

3 minutes ago, Statick said:

No one said the barrier is completely built, but there are short sections finished and new stretches that are set to begin like El Paso.

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

No one said the barrier is completely built, but there are short sections finished and new stretches that are set to begin like El Paso.

021419-trump-wall.jpg?itok=scYDZ_p-

AF89 likes this

29 minutes ago, Statick said:

That's exactly what he's doing. He's telling them that he alone started and is in the process of finishing his wall.

Problem is, it's all just replacement and maintenance for sections that were already there... idiots...

Statick likes this

Between this and the videos resurfacing of Sanders denouncing our direct support for death squads and far-right dictatorships that committed crimes against humanity and genocide in Central America I'm starting to think that Sanders was better in the 80s.

28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Harris making missteps everyday. Who falls out first? Her, Bernie, Booker, or Warren?

IMHO it needs to be Harris and Warren. Bernie and Booker will hold their own and wait for Biden to make up his mind.