Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

135,505 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I said that if I was Mexican with no economic outlook, and hungry children to feed, I'd do everything possible to get in the U.S.  It's just basic survival. It's been going on since the dawn of cavemen; hunters/gathers. You go where the food is.

That's true. It's why people such as AOC have that opinion. Desperate people + militarized opposing forces = atrocities waiting to happen.

Migration from Mexico has gone down dramatically. The spikes during the 1900-80s period were caused by border clampdowns which caused migrant workers to simply stay here while the major one in the 90s-00s was caused by NAFTA destroying Mexico's agriculture sector and while the rest of their economy offered them nothing. Now it's mostly Central Americans fleeing a whole lot of things that we have major roles in, from right-wing governments we helped install, drug cartels wiping out villages, or MS13 which we exported to the region... Which what I opened with.

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, and know. They were for it before they were against it. Going back to the 2006 fence act. 

What happened?

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Not really, but I feel like explaining that part would be a waste of time.

The left-wing politicians and organizers have been against the militarization of the border from the start. The liberal ones either wanted to give it as an olive branch to the right, which never worked, or simply wanted it. They definitely shifted to stick one to Trump, but not the base has fundamentally realigned to opposing that so it's doubtful they'll be able to shift back once Trump isn't a factor.

Obama was always far too willing to acquiesce to the right, especially regarding immigration (deporter in chief), to try to build bridges. Never worked and destroyed a lot of lives in the process. Hopefully they have wisened up.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yes, and know. They were for it before they were against it. Going back to the 2006 fence act. 

What happened?

Obama talked out of both sides of his mouth. He told the left what they wanted to hear and the right what they wanted to hear. He never really stood for anything.

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Obama was always far too willing to acquiesce to the right, especially regarding immigration (deporter in chief), to try to build bridges. Never worked and destroyed a lot of lives in the process. Hopefully they have wisened up.

It wasn't just Obama, what happened in the interim? 

I totally forgot why I logged on, the AOC argument got me sidetracked.

I put a bid in today to erect a cell tower in New Orleans. If I win, I swear to you guys that I will mount a huge Falcons flag on top of it. It's private property surrounded by barbed wire fence. The company taking bids has no affiliation with N.O. and is based in Colorado. I'll find out if I won around March 25-27.

9 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I'll always be thankful to CNN because we took a class trip to the CNN center where I ran into Ric Flair coming out of a restaurant, and he shook my hand. Otherwise, they are dead to me.

I hope you immediately snorted your hand like the pile of booger sugar at the end of Scarface. 

SpongeDad likes this

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

I have tagged many of your posts with 'likes' because I felt the same about issues. I got wrapped up in a dual with someone who seemed over the wall on protecting someone I feel is a mobster. I never gave it a second thought that my corney battles were followed closely. Much to my displeasure in controlling my rants, I will cut back untill I see something that really is off the wall.  At that point you'll probably see me back at it.

don't let these guys get you down, man

post as much as you want to whomever you want

Just now, mdrake34 said:

I hope you immediately snorted your hand like the pile of booger sugar at the end of Scarface. 

He's only 1 of 2 "famous" people I've ever met. Kathy Ireland was the other. I was around 12 and she gave me a hug, and my cheek pressed into her boob. That was the day I decided not to play with toys again.

mdrake34 likes this

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

It wasn't just Obama, what happened in the interim? 

Explained it already. If you want it in far simpler terms:

Dems sucked ***. Dem leadership sucks a bit less *** to spite Trump. Dems that don't suck *** are also getting elected.

1 minute ago, SpongeDad said:

He's only 1 of 2 "famous" people I've ever met. Kathy Ireland was the other. I was around 12 and she gave me a hug, and my cheek pressed into her boob. That was the day I decided not to play with toys again.

My favorite family guy scene ever 

Ok, second favorite.

SpongeDad likes this

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

don't let these guys get you down, man

post as much as you want to whomever you want

**** man, don't encourage him, cause then he'll just hang around. If he does, it's your responsibility to feed and water him.

mdrake34 likes this

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Explained it already. If you want it in far simpler terms:

Dems sucked ***. Dem leadership sucks a bit less *** to spite Trump. Dems that don't suck *** are also getting elected.

Yes and no. 

9 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I totally forgot why I logged on, the AOC argument got me sidetracked.

I put a bid in today to erect a cell tower in New Orleans. If I win, I swear to you guys that I will mount a huge Falcons flag on top of it. It's private property surrounded by barbed wire fence. The company taking bids has no affiliation with N.O. and is based in Colorado. I'll find out if I won around March 25-27.

I will owe you if you plant a flag that says, F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

I will owe you if you plant a flag that says, F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

I can't plant anything vulgar. But a 10x10 Falcons flag that can't be taken down until it rots is fine with me.

It would be awesome if it made the local news there.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I can't plant anything vulgar. But a 10x10 Falcons flag that can't be taken down until it rots is fine with me.

It would be awesome if it made the local news there.

Of course I was being facetious about my request...but a boy can dream

I wanna share a conversation that me and Mike had this weekend.

He says I was sexually assaulted....

When I was 16 or 17, I was at a friend's house party. I drank too much and went to a spare bedroom to sleep it off. I woke up (thinking I was pissing on myself) to find my hammer in an ugly girl's mouth. I immediately jumped up and asked her wtf was she doing. She said "I only wanted to kiss him bye" and she left. Am I one of the few men on this earth thats been sexuality assualted by a female?

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

When I was 16 or 17, I was at a friend's house party. I drank too much and went to a spare bedroom to sleep it off. I woke up (thinking I was pissing on myself) to find my hammer in an ugly girl's mouth. I immediately jumped up and asked her wtf was she doing. She said "I only wanted to kiss him bye" and she left. Am I one of the few men on this earth thats been sexuality assualted by a female?

NO, IT HAPPENS WAY MORE THAN YOU THINK. I'M SURE MANY OF US COULD TELL YOU STORIES. 

6 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I thought you were going to say you went camping ,got drunk and woke up with a sore A hole. Are you scared for life?