Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Eh let em be, he's wooping it up in this final check of LGBT progressive tyranny

Now we never have to believe a hate crime again:rolleyes:

Same problem the left always has, jumping to conclusions without garnering the facts.  I love it though, making fools of themselves seems like their pastime. In the modern age of fake/scm it is now an everyday occurance. 

After they are called out on it, then the want to wait for the facts. :lol::flush:

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Same problem the left always has, jumping to conclusions without garnering the facts.  I love it though, making fools of themselves seems like their pastime. In the modern age of fake/scm it is now an everyday occurance. 

After they are called out on it, then the want to wait for the facts. :lol::flush:

No your rooting interest in this has been pretty clear from the several posts across a couple threads you've already made on it. 

Okay we get it.  Anyone believing teh gays can suck it. (Women too I'm guessing).

3 minutes ago, Rocko said:

I came to see the lefts response to this. Essentially a shoulder shrug and what about isms

Exactly, just another false hate crime. Don't worry about creating more division among Trumps supporters and non supporters with false hate crimes, gotta make the MAGA hats an evil symbol where one doesn't exist.  Just another day in the office.

Thankfully CPD is taking this seriously and going after Smollett.  

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

No your rooting interest in this has been pretty clear from the several posts across a couple threads you've already made on it. 

Okay we get it.  Anyone believing teh gays can suck it. (Women too I'm guessing).

Smollett is black and gay, the only ingredient missing for a bad faith gloating trifecta for wfw would be if he were Muslim also. 

11 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I don't care if the person was a straight white heterosexual, people on the left jumping to conclusions is the story here, not the person's color or sexual orientation. But you keep up the good fight for the left though, you know the one where they jump to conclusions, then get embarrassed, then say let's wait for the facts...:lol: 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Exactly, just another false hate crime.

Yep..just another sign that racism and hate is a largely media created fiction I'll tell you what

21 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

This, all of this, didn't age well. 

She's severely ignorant while loving to hear herself talk. 

Just now, SpongeDad said:

So you're just going to be pissy about her calling the border wall a moral abomination like the Berlin wall was?

Alright then.

2 minutes ago, Rocko said:

Again from a non magan your response speaks volumes. You don't care it was fake, you'd have rather it never be investigated and ran as truth in a slam against supporters of trump. It's kinda crazy actually. Not like aw man thats crazy but like hey, that person is legit crazy 

First off infowars. ..don't speak for me.

I hope Smollett gets slammed to the wall for this. But WFW going around gloating in various threads cause nobody would give him the response he wanted and you coming here to see the reaction of "the left"...

I'd say that speaks all kinds of volumes

mdrake34 likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

So you're just going to be pissy about her calling the border wall a moral abomination like the Berlin wall was?

Alright then.

History apparently isn't her strong suit. And white knighting for her obviously isn't yours'.

Haven't said anything about the Smollett thing as of yet, mostly because it seemed weird from the start, but I will say that it's a weird flex from our resident Trump supporters to use that to dunk on the left for being hysterical and wrong about them on the same page where this was posted:

22 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Meanwhile

AF89 and mdrake34 like this

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, all you have to do is read everything I've posted on this. Try that why don't you.

Guilty pleas, indictments, and nothing to do with Russian collusion. Excuse me if I pause a few minutes to lol. You must be a fish because you sure as he.ll fell for this hook, line, and sinker.

Mueller:  Did you meet with Russians?

Manafort:  No

. . .later

Mueller:  You met with Russians, exchange valuable proprietary data that was used to influence the election.

You lied about that when we had struck a deal.  You were going to get a cushy sentence for the crimes a jury convicted you for, but you lied SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THAT anyway.  You lied in a way that was COMPLETELY CONTRARY TO YOUR PERSONAL FREEDOM (and presumably your best interest.)  

The ONLY way that could be beneficial to Manarfot is if he gets a pardon . . . from Trump.

MANAFORT TOLD LIES THAT WILL RESULT IN  PRISON FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE WHEN THE TRUTH WOULD HAVE GUARANTEED HIS FREEDOM. 

WHY? TO PROTECT TRUMP.

Why would Trump take the political hit of pardoning  you unless he was receiving a benefit.  The truth must be more damaging to him than the lie.

WFW:  Indictments have nothing to do with Russia.  Because convictions, admissions, and indictments about HIDING meetings (collusion/conspiracy, whatever) with Russia have nothing to do with Russian collusion. 

1 minute ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

come on man, an 8 second clip?

That's about as much as I can listen to her, but the point is there.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Yep..just another sign that racism and hate is a largely media created fiction I'll tell you what

Besides you trying to change the narrative (with nothing that pertains to this story) and being concerned about the truth and what a false report causes...it must suck having to defend your side of the issues.

Hoax hate crimes accomplish three main things, all of them bad.

First, they cause (usually) minority populations to fear for their lives needlessly. People have every good reason to be scared if, say, it appears that someone is hanging nooses around to intimidate them. If there is no shadowy, violent and racist power making such overt displays, then what special place in **** can be reserved for the person who would make others believe there is one, and to fear for no reason? This result, all on its own, justifies throwing the book at those who fake hate crimes.

Second, hoax incidents cause people to be suspicious of their neighbors. In falsely convincing people that there exists a large, hostile, and potentially violent population in their midst, it breeds distrust and divides communities. If the goal is to make people hate and distrust each other, hoax hate crimes will do the trick.

Third, these hoax incidents cause everyone to view all hate-crime incidents, including the ones that turn out to be real, with cynicism and disbelief. This is a natural result of people seeing so many high-profile incidents that turn out to be hoaxes.

There are two key things you can do in order to avoid these three negative outcomes. First, obviously, don't fake hate crimes. Second, if you write about such things, even in an informal commentary capacity, exercise a bit more skepticism before setting off a panic over suspicious incidents.

Obviously, the context here is the growing case that "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett might have been involved in staging a hate crime against himself in Chicago late last month. He continues to deny any involvement, aside from being attacked.

If this incident was fake, then he's gotten a lot of egg on a lot of other people's faces. He actually managed to get Democratic 2020 presidential candidates on record discussing him. He prompted a high-profile televised attack on Vice President Mike Pence, just for defending the traditional definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Whatever you think of Pence, this looks like an injustice -- of all the things that may have caused this attack, Mike Pence doesn't seem to figure at all.

Hate crimes are real, but so are hoaxes, and the latter occur more often than you'd think. Recently, our own Eddie Scarry catalogued three incidents that occurred just on college campuses in November -- campuses being a favorite location for hoax hate crimes. We've taken other previous looks at this lamentable phenomenon as well.

But as Quillette's Andy Ngo pointed out today on Twitter, there's an abundance of such hoaxes on and off campus, and they seem to have become considerably more frequent upon Trump's election. It's as if his presidency provides the excuse for people to pretend things are much worse than they are. The staged attacks and false-flag intimidation tactics range from seemingly minor campus incidents to street violence and racially intimidating vandalism. But all of these are harmful, for the reasons noted above.

When these things happen, the proper response is prudence and sober reporting of facts, rather than credulity and sensationalism. To wait and see is an improvement on starting a moral panic and convincing everyone that their communities are hopelessly rotten and their 

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

History apparently isn't her strong suit. And white knighting for her obviously isn't yours'.

The only way walls work, including in the modern era, is if they're militarized. It's how the Berlin wall worked. It's how they worked in Northern Ireland. It's how Israel's work. It is, in theory, how ours would work. Each time it led to atrocities and are moral abominations.

Need to learn history to avoid repeating it, buddy.

Jerry Lundegaard likes this

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

That's about as much I can listen to her, but the point is there.

No the point is here, and I need more than 8 seconds

7 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Haven't said anything about the Smollett thing as of yet, mostly because it seemed weird from the start, but I will say that it's a weird flex from our resident Trump supporters to use that to dunk on the left for being hysterical and wrong about them on the same page where this was posted:

Same, to the best I can remember I didn't even comment on Smollett until he turned out to be a liar (if I did it couldn't be more than a post). I don't remember it being all that much discussed here. So I've no egg on my face to avoid or anything but ususal suspects strutting in like the cat that got the cream....says a TON about why they really care about this. It's validation for every hate crime they've ever felt doubtful about.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

10 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Imagine some people thinking this lady is going to lead them into the future? I say the government buy some land and let her and Bernie go create utopia somewhere outside the US.  A win win. 

Oh, and I guess she doesn't know it wasn't to keep people from coming in their country, but to keep people in.  They leave they get shot dead.  What are they teaching kids in school now?

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

The only way walls work, including in the modern era, is if they're militarized. It's how the Berlin wall worked. It's how they worked in Northern Ireland. It's how Israel's work. It is, in theory, how ours would work. Each time it led to atrocities and are moral abominations.

Need to learn history to to avoid repeating it, buddy.

The Berlin wall was built to hold Germans inside (so they couldn't escape Communism), Trump's wall is to keep Mexicans out. But you're **** bent on white knighting for her so reasoning wont work here, "buddy".

WhenFalconsWin likes this

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Imagine some people thinking this lady is going to lead them into the future? I say the government buy some land and let her and Bernie go create utopia somewhere outside the US.  A win win. 

The "lets pay people who choose not to work" proposal was pretty **** funny,

Just show me where to sign up please. I'm pretty tired of waking up at 4:30 am every day.

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

The Berlin wall was built to hold Germans inside (so they couldn't escape Communism), Trump's wall is to keep Mexicans out. But you're **** bent on white knighting for her so reasoning wont work here, "buddy".

the wall is not real