Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

‘member when the Falcons won their final game against the Bucs and fell from the 7th pick in the draft down to the 14th?  Can’t wait to carry that momentum into next season.

I agree. But you would get booed right out of TATF for saying that, plus you'd be labeled a tanker ....or better yet ..."not a real Falcons fan". I had that one thrown in my face by a guy with a 6 month/200 post account.

1 hour ago, mdrake34 said:

The real collusion was always with SA and Israel.

The Cummings report notes that one of the power plant manufacturers that could benefit from a nuclear deal, Westinghouse Electric, is a subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management, the company that provided financial relief to the family of Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and adviser. Brookfield Asset Management took a 99-year lease on the family’s deeply indebted New York City property at 666 Fifth Avenue.

mdrake34 likes this

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

He must really have hated Philadelphia. Can't say that I blame him.

That is the death knell for the Padres. These contracts never work out and prohibits the team from rebuilding for years because of the exhorbitant salary.

He stays there for a few years and Boston/NY trade for him and take on his contract.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

30 million a year to live in San Diego instead of Philly. 

How could that even be a discussion? 

The Padres were a pretty solid argument against it.

Carl Showalter likes this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

30 million a year to live in San Diego instead of Philly. 

How could that even be a discussion? 

Shouldn't be... Only downside is the taxes in Cali.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That is the death knell for the Padres. These contracts never work out and prohibits the team from rebuilding for years because of the exhorbitant salary.

He stays there for a few years and Boston/NY trade for him and take on his contract.

Machado is 26 and a well rounded hitter. They should be fine.

8 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I agree. But you would get booed right out of TATF for saying that, plus you'd be labeled a tanker ....or better yet ..."not a real Falcons fan". I had that one thrown in my face by a guy with a 6 month/200 post account.

14th spot is a great position to be in. Up/down trade potential is huge. Plus, If we remain there at #14 there will be a top notch DT in a position of less costs than at #7

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Machado is 26 and a well rounded hitter. They should be fine.

Great player bad contract for a notoriously cheap team

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Shouldn't be... Only downside is the taxes in Cali.

Imagine if athletes actually took taxes and cost of living into account when picking teams...

2 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Imagine if athletes actually took taxes and cost of living into account when picking teams...

Meh, at $300mil, it doesn't really matter...

4 minutes ago, Doozer said:

They go where the money is, which tends to be blue states.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It'd be cool if the Braves signed someone now.

Dude, they signed a reigning gold glove and silver slugger winning right fielder.  #championship

26 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The Cummings report notes that one of the power plant manufacturers that could benefit from a nuclear deal, Westinghouse Electric, is a subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management, the company that provided financial relief to the family of Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and adviser. Brookfield Asset Management took a 99-year lease on the family’s deeply indebted New York City property at 666 Fifth Avenue.

Stuff like this getting zero coverage is the absolute worst part of Russiagate.

Leon Troutsky likes this

31 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They go where the money is, which tends to be blue states.

Florida and Texas no state taxes.  A lot of ball players have opted for those states and the weather is warm as well.