Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,595 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That strategy worked with Obama. Largely because Obama didn't have much of a paper trail. There's just way too much past that Harris isn't going to be able to get around.

Trump getting reelected seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, and not just because of the trend generally favoring incumbents.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

He and his wife are also setting up the foundation for international coordination of left-wing parties and organizations with the Progressive International.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Trump getting reelected seems like a foregone conclusion at this point, and not just because of the trend generally favoring incumbents.

I've said this all along. Even the powerful, monied interests that despise Trump will prefer him over someone like Bernie. That's what this whole Howard Schultz thing was about. It was a thinly veiled threat to all Democrats. Nominate a centrist, or else. 

Serge likes this

McCabe's reputation after the IG report seems too tarnished for him to be a trustworthy narrator, not sure why they're paying so much attention to him in the press at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

She's a blank slate. The powers that be think that will be beneficial since voters can just project what they want for a candidate onto her. It will backfire.

Agree. Primary is a marathon. Voters are going to see through it sooner or later. Too many people are paying attention. IA/SC/NH/NV voters are going to want specifics. And repeating that we have to "speak the truth" is not going to cut it. 

The amount of people defending John Wayne after his 1971 playboy interview trends on Twitter is abhorrent and quite disturbing. 

Guys. You don't HAVE to defend racists and biggots. Like Jesus. 

10 hours ago, Statick said:

Gone are the days where I respect anything a Conservative has to say on anything moral.

After P grabber, Roy Moore and "Both Sides" and yanking children from their parents, conservatives have no ground to critique others on anything moral.

thofin21 likes this

2 minutes ago, WOR said:

The amount of people defending John Wayne after his 1971 playboy interview trends is abhorrent and quite disturbing. 

Guys. You don't HAVE to defend racists and biggots. Like Jesus. 

You should just operate under the assumption that all celebrities and historical figures from the past were bigoted and/or misogynistic jitbags.

Because given the time that they occupied, they most likely were. 

Lawfare  February 18, 2019

Sixteen states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Virginia and Michigan) have filed suit against President Trump over his declaration of national emergency. The complaint is available here and below.

2 minutes ago, Statick said:

I can live with this. He's a good backup.

Might signal they're moving on from Schraeder. Ty finished the season as our starting RT.

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Super Bowl Bound

Super Bowl bound again, the Patriots if they go through with the Odell Beckham idea.

20 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

My issue with her recently has the fact that she doesn't stand for something. No one knows what she believes in. I posted a video of an undocumented person asking what will she do to protect people like her and she gives a 2 min answer without saying on policy she supports. Trump is going to make immigration a key issue and how are you going to stand up to him without have a specific policy vision. She doesn't even mention the dream act, which is the easiest layup. 

She's going to be opportunistic. Anything she can latch on to, I have a feeling she will.

GEORGIAfan likes this

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Might signal they're moving on from Schraeder. Ty finished the season as our starting RT.

Yeah, he did, but I certainly hope they aren't seeing Ty as the stopgap.

1 minute ago, Big_Dog said:

Super Bowl bound again, the Patriots if they go through with the Odell Beckham idea.

It would be nice if the other 31 teams would at least pretend to try.

Big_Dog likes this

Just now, mdrake34 said:

They probably will move on from Schraeder. Buzz I heard is that he has a lower body joint problem of some sort. I wouldn't expect Sambrailo to take over for him though. This draft class doesn't really have any LTs but it has a good deal of high tier RTs.

mdrake34 likes this

5 minutes ago, Statick said:

I can live with this. He's a good backup.

Yup..... could factor into one of the guard positions aswell.....either way not a bad signing for depth.

Having a guy who can play multiple positions is a really nice luxury to have

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They probably will move on from Schraeder. Buzz I heard is that he has a lower body joint problem of some sort. I wouldn't expect Sambrailo to take over for him though. This draft class doesn't really have any LTs but it has a good deal of high tier RTs.

The only thing I enjoy about driving to Atlanta for work is getting to listen to 92.9.  They were talking about whether he's still got an injury on Thursday. 

Just now, mdrake34 said:

The only thing I enjoy about driving to Atlanta for work is getting to listen to 92.9.  They were talking about whether he's still got an injury on Thursday. 

The way he just fell off of a cliff from being really good to be okay to just being downright awful in the span of about a year-and-a-half is pretty perplexing.... An injury that just lingered whould be a good explanation for it