Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

This is my issue with Harris. Nothing else. Just her history as a cop.

I have some issues with all of the candidates, but few are "fatal flaws". I don't think Warren can win against Drumpf. Gillebrand is HRC 2.0. Booker seems fake, and has supported some bad policy in the past. Klobacher has the issues that came out this past month. etc.

I would vote for all but Harris in the general.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

Her record is impressively terrible.

Have any of the other candidates addressed it yet?  Figured it would put her out of the race early. 

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

So what's with all of the UK politics here? American politics isn't enough of a sh*tshow for you? 

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

We've talked about French politics on here before. The only thing left to do is to combine the two and talk about Canadian politics.

It’s good to keep tabs on the countries that are our main partners in war crime.

Gritzblitz 2.0 and Serge like this

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I have some issues with all of the candidates, but few are "fatal flaws". I don't think Warren can win against Drumpf. Gillebrand is HRC 2.0. Booker seems fake, and has supported some bad policy in the past. Klobacher has the issues that came out this past month. etc.

I see Harris as nothing more than Hillary with more favorable demographics. Which I think is exactly what the DNC establishment is looking for.

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Have any of the other candidates addressed it yet?  Figured it would put her out of the race early. 

I'm guessing that they think "It's going to take her out, we'll let it happen organically so we don't appear to be on the attack"....

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I see Harris as nothing more than Hillary with more favorable demographics. Which I think is exactly what the DNC establishment is looking for.

Her record as a DA and AG looks like "super predators" on crack. 

Gritzblitz 2.0, Serge and lostone like this

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This is the one that should hang around her neck for as long as she dares to seek any public office: 

Just now, mdrake34 said:

Her record as a DA and AG looks like "super predators" on crack. 

Exactly. She bragged about bringing charges against a single, homeless mom working 2 jobs because her kids missed some school. That was a "success story" in her mind.

I wonder if the other candidates are worried about being accused of being racist if they attack her prosecutorial career.

6 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I wouldn't expect any candidate to take out the knives against another at this stage. That this stuff is coming out now, and gets worse by the day, doesn't bode well for her when we reach that stage, especially since she's spending this time pretending that she's change her opinion on just about everything.

8 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

My issue with her recently has the fact that she doesn't stand for something. No one knows what she believes in. I posted a video of an undocumented person asking what will she do to protect people like her and she gives a 2 min answer without saying on policy she supports. Trump is going to make immigration a key issue and how are you going to stand up to him without have a specific policy vision. She doesn't even mention the dream act, which is the easiest layup. 

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

My issue with her recently has the fact that she doesn't stand for something. No one knows what she believes in. I posted a video of an undocumented person asking what will she do to protect people like her and she gives a 2 min answer without saying on policy she supports. Trump is going to make immigration a key issue and how are you going to stand up to him without have a specific policy vision. She doesn't even mention the dream act, which is the easiest layup. 

She's a blank slate. The powers that be think that will be beneficial since voters can just project what they want for a candidate onto her. It will backfire.

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

That was exactly what people who opposed him said about Macron in France. Didn't work too badly for him.

But France is not the US...

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

She's a blank slate. The powers that be think that will be beneficial since voters can just project what they want for a candidate onto her. It will backfire.

That strategy worked with Obama. Largely because Obama didn't have much of a paper trail. There's just way too much past that Harris isn't going to be able to get around.