Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It was posted in this thread. There was a huge crowd from what I read. 1100 people. 

My sarcasm sense is tingling, but 1100 this early in Georgia is decent, in my humble, layman opinion

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

My wife’s cousin and her husband lived in England at the US AF base for several years a few years back. In talking with locals, they’re not infatuated with the royal family like Americans and don’t understand why Americans are so obsessed. 

Well yeah we can enjoy the spectacle of opulence that is 70 year old duchesses who've never had a real job going back generations and our taxes aren't paying for it

I enjoy looking at all the pretty palaces on PBS:ninja:

4 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

My sarcasm sense is tingling, but 1100 this early in Georgia is decent, in my humble, layman opinion

No sarcasm. Anything in the 1k+ is impressive to me this early. Kamala consistently has 1k+ events and she is seen as a front runner. For Warren to have similar numbers means she could be a force. 

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

That cannot be serious.  His supporters might be stupid enough to believe that, but the judge isn’t.  If this is really his actual response, he probably just made it 10 times worse by insulting the judge’s intelligence.

22 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sorry, my previous comment about this not being real was meant for this post, not the other one.

WTF is wrong with the boards?  It still quoted the wrong post.

2 hours ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

This is annoying, why didn't I get informed Warren was in Georgia on Saturday... I am on her mailing list.

i mentioned it in this thread bro

9 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I have literally never heard of a “notice of apology and I have been practicing since 2011 (although I don’t practice criminal law where this could possibly be more common)

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The judge should force Stone to post his official apology to the court on all of his social media and leave it there indefinitely.  

Let his followers and supporters see how he talks to the judge in court versus his blustery BS on social media.

48 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

PM isn't opposed to a deal, but she is clearly casting doubt on it and has said it would be better  for the U.K. to stay than try their deal. 

May's deal is a soft brexit. Hard brexit has always mean no deal. May's deal might actually be better for the U.K. Than an EFTA/EEA agreement, because they wouldn't be beholden to existing deals made by those countries with other countries  EFTA has deals with 40 other countries outside the EU. UK would have to accept those terms.

EEA/EFTA is the damage control route. It isn't a real plan

That isn't what either of those terms mean. Hard Brexit has always meant a hard break out of the EU, which could be done from no deal to getting various things done (ie. UK/EU trade deal, passports, etc.), while soft Brexit seeks to maintain close ties with but nonetheless leaving the EU. May has doggedly pursued the prior while joining EFTA is very solidly in the latter category.

Damage control is a second referendum.

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The judge should force Stone to post his official apology to the court on all of his social media and leave it there indefinitely.  

Let his followers and supporters see how he talks to the judge in court versus his blustery BS on social media.

If Martin Shkreli got his bail revoked for asking his Facebook followers to cut off a lock of Hillary’s hair, I’ve got to imagine Stone gets his bail yanked and this is a desparate Hail Mary to avoid waiting for trial in prison. 

16 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

If Martin Shkreli got his bail revoked for asking his Facebook followers to cut off a lock of Hillary’s hair, I’ve got to imagine Stone gets his bail yanked and this is a desparate Hail Mary to avoid waiting for trial in prison. 

Or perhaps a few days in jail for contempt of court?

At the very least, I imagine the judge is going to drag Stone back to court and force him to explain himself and receive a very strongly worded rebuke.  I doubt she (or any judge) would just accept the “filing” from his lawyers.

By the way, I saw where 16 states filed a lawsuit over Trump’s executive order.

But if Congress files the lawsuit, why doesn’t it go straight to the Supreme Court?  I thought disputes between federal institutions fell under the SCOTUS “original jurisdiction”.