Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,539 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

From my understanding this is about Corbyn's inability to make a plan for Brexit or Back a People's vote. Also have you seen Corbyn's numbers? 

Even among young voters his numbers have taken a dive. Corbyn should be crushing May and the tories, but people still prefer her to Corbyn. 

This is just Blairites throwing another tantrum over their own irrelevance.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Shows you that Russia is still up to their dirty Trix

13 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

I wonder what store managers were thinking when they flew off the shelves suddenly? Probably made the mistake of quadrupling the next order in anticipation of some wild trend and still have pallets of unopened boxes sitting in the back room today.

As a suburban white guy that likes to have backyard cookouts, it really messed me up because that whole summer I was hesitant to be seen buying them. 

The mosquitoes dined well on my tender flesh that summer because of those alt-right jacklegs. 

mdrake34 and lostone like this

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

As a suburban white guy that likes to have backyard cookouts, it really messed me up because that whole summer I was hesitant to be seen buying them. 

The mosquitoes dined well on my tender flesh that summer because of those alt-right jacklegs. 

Related image

Call me next time. I bet they're a lot cheaper now and nobody's going to mistake me for a Nazi.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

8 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

DzrtK72WwAENzFS.png

Yea, It shows Panama, because NameCheap uses WHOISGuard for privacy concerns. Whoisguard is base in Panama. And namecheap is an LLC based in deleware. 

This Namecheap WHOIS Proxy Agreement (“Proxy Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of the services offered by Whoisguard, Inc., a Republic of Panama corporation, (“Whoisguard”) and Namecheap, Inc., a Delaware corporation, (“Namecheap”) pursuant to the Services Agreement by and between Whoisguard and Namecheap, wherein Whoisguard agrees to provide consumers of Namecheap’s domain name registration and hosting services (“Namecheap Registrant”) with WHOIS privacy protection services (“Whoisguard Services Agreement”).

You fell for fake news. This is clearly about Brexit. Honda one was from Today. 

News gets worse every day, and Corbyn doesn't have a strong plan moving forward. He isn't backing a people's vote and continues to pretend Labour can get a better deal if they were in charge. 

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

DzrtK72WwAENzFS.png

Yea, It shows Panama, because NameCheap uses WHOISGuard for privacy concerns. Whoisguard is base in Panama. And namecheap is an LLC based in deleware. 

You fell for fake news. This is clearly about Brexit. Honda one was from Today. 

News gets worse every day, and Corbyn doesn't have a strong plan moving forward. He isn't backing a people's vote and continues to pretend Labour can get a better deal if they were in charge. 

The MPs that resigned cited Corbyn's supposed antisemitism and racism but, sure, I'm the one falling for fake news.

The psychos suggesting that a discussion about the 25th amendment constituting a 'coup' are some the stupidest people on the internet.

It's a ******* AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION, morons.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

The MPs that resigned cited Corbyn's supposed antisemitism and racism but, sure, I'm the one falling for fake news.

They cited both.

The Independent Group of MPs

Each of us has dedicated decades to the progressive values that were once held true by Labour, values which have since been abandoned by today’s Labour Party.

Labour now pursues policies that would weaken our national security; accepts the narratives of states hostile to our country; has failed to take a lead in addressing the challenge of Brexit and to provide a strong and coherent alternative to the Conservatives’ approach; is passive in circumstances of international humanitarian distress; is hostile to businesses large and small; and threatens to destabilise the British economy in pursuit of ideological objectives.

For a Party that once committed to pursue a spirit of solidarity, tolerance and respect, it has changed beyond recognition. Today, visceral hatreds of other people, views and opinions are commonplace in and around the Labour Party.

It is not simply that our values are no longer welcome in the Labour Party; the values we hold mean that, in all conscience, we can have no confidence in the Party’s collective leadership, competence or culture.

To fix our broken politics, we are clear that we want to develop a different approach. We recognise that every member of our group has the right to be heard and a duty to lead. We commit to support each other and treat each other with respect.

Sitting as the Independent Group of MPs we appeal to colleagues from all parties to consider the best interests of the country above short-term party-political considerations and choose to do likewise.

https://www.theindependent.group/statement

the corporate press in the united kingdom is nakedly partisan in a way that would shock most americans, and corbyn remains their favorite target even as the tory government rushes britain right off the cliff.

58f7047314000049001b5066.jpeg?cache=XADm

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

They've already ****** up being the anti-racism party. Do they have a Brexit strategy or is that empty talk?

They also keep saying it's somehow Corbyn's fault that Honda is closing a factory in the UK even though Honda has done the same in other countries recently since global car sales have stagnated... though I guess that's Corbyn's fault as well.

Just now, achilles return said:

lol genuinely believing that the 'independent group' are acting in good faith

It was the next step after their attempted leadership elections failed to oust Corbyn. It's reminiscent of Schultz here.

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

They've already ****** up being the anti-racism party. Do they have a Brexit strategy or is that empty talk?

They also keep saying it's somehow Corbyn's fault that Honda is closing a factory in the UK even though Honda has done the same in other countries recently since global car sales have stagnated... though I guess that's Corbyn's fault as well.

I haven't seen all of the pages, but one of them had a #PeoplesVote in the bio and all of them have been described as anti brexit, so I assume their plan is to revoke Articles 50, which the UK can do unilaterally. 

I haven't seen anyone blame Corbyn for Honda Honda is clearly the fault of brexit. I have seen complains of him not making a statement on it. 

3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

lol genuinely believing that the 'independent group' are acting in good faith

Meh. Brexit is bad and Corbyn needs to create a real alternative to May's mess.  The fact that they are calling themselves the Ind group leads me to believe this is a stunt to force Corbyn's hand. No way these people will be running for reelection as Independents in such red areas. 

brexit can be bad and these people can also be absolute idiots

also, a heads up - one of the seven is a cool dude who threatened to resign from miliband's front bench because labour leadership wanted to whip the vote for marriage equality a few years ago

DzrnR8hWoAMdGwU.jpg

the independent group are using 'brexit' and 'antisemiticism' as a way to pretend this isn't fundamentally an ideological disagreement.   

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Meh. Brexit is bad and Corbyn needs to create a real alternative to May's mess.  The fact that they are calling themselves the Ind group leads me to believe this is a stunt to force Corbyn's hand. No way these people will be running for reelection as Independents in such red areas. 

He has an alternative. He's going to respect the vote, since that has been a problem with the EU of forcing votes until they get the results they want, but to oppose the hard Brexit that May is favoring and instead push for a soft Brexit and join the EFTA, specifically citing the Norway model.

besides, a customs union actually is a real alternative to may's mess and probably has a better chance of passing the house of commons than a second referendum, which merely punts the issue to the public once more in hopes they'll bail out parliament from having to make an actual decision.