Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,904 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

The quarterbacks mentioned in the original tweet — Rodgers, Ryan, Cousins, Stafford — all have bad offensive lines.

Brees had a different problem as the Saints offense started to slow down as the season progressed imo because his only receiving threats were Thomas and Kamara. If Brees took $5 or $6 million less in salary then he could have another receiver, like say a Golden Tate, that would make his team much more formidable.

This was an interesting article:

The risky move a title-starved team should try: Trade a young, star QB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24801136/how-nfl-teams-trade-young-qb-starters-thrive-bill-barnwell-2018

You have to sign Mahomes no matter the cost, but will it be worth it to sign someone like Goff to a $30-something million contract? Right now I’d say no.

1) I dont think those QBs have bad offensive lines. Not historically and not presently....well....Cousins, does and the Vikings have. But Rodgers has had a Top 5 OL for the vast majority of his career, Ryan's OL has been at least decent since 2015 and was legitimately very good in 16/17. Stafford's OL may underperform but that isnt for lack of investment in either dollars or draft capital. And Carr (who I think was also in the original tweet) was another mediocre QB behind a very very good OL when he had his peak season. 

2) Sure, you can always come up with the best case of "well if QB X took less he could have Player Y." But the question again has to be "am I more likely to be able to find 2-4 "Player Ys" on rookie deals than I am to find Drew Brees on a rookie deal." I think its much much easier to find non-QB difference makers at most positions on the field than it is to find difference making QBs. And I think thats true for a number of reasons

3) Yeah, I'm totally fine having the conversation about where the line for 2nd contract QB salary sits. Thats very much a thing and Goff is someone who totally belongs in that convo. But Ryan/Rodgers don't. And I dont know that Stafford does either. If anything, Stafford might BE the line, IMO. 

35 minutes ago, lostone said:

None of these Dems excite me at all.  Ugh 

I will cry if Biden joins the field.  He will be awful

I think  Biden is one of the few who have the Charisma to challenge Trump.  

Edited by Flip Flop

22 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

I think  Biden is one of the few who have the Charisma to challenge Trump.  

lmao 

1 hour ago, Billy Ocean said:

He’s a neocon who stormed off his own podcast after being asked about advising former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. 

How do you feel about Schultz running for president, since you’ve said here that you’d vote for Mitt Romney over Bernie Sanders in a hypothetical matchup?

Not anymore.  

I don’t think Schueltz is to be taken seriously. Frankly, I think it’s a paycheck for Schmidt,   And, the way this has rolled out so far, the best thing Steve Schmidt can do for Democrats is continue to work for Schultz. 

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Not anymore.  

I don’t think Schueltz is to be taken seriously. Frankly, I think it’s a paycheck for Schmidt,   And, the way this has rolled out so far, the best thing Steve Schmidt can do for Democrats is continue to work for Schultz. 

Some ****head billionaire will mount a campaign if an economic populist gets nominated.

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Onion has stopped playing around the last year to year and half

It started several years ago when they caused a major stir with the Congress kidnapping a group of school children story. It caused a bunch of dip****s to panic and think it was real, and their response was epic about being committed to reporting future atrocities committed by congress. 

That and Al Gore listening to heavy metal after divorcing Tipper.