Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,904 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

The cap hit percentages of every Super Bowl-winning quarterback since the implementation of the salary cap before the 1994 season, excluding this past season: 

sbcap.png

The record for the highest cap hit percentage remains Steve Young’s 13.1% in that first season, when teams were still getting used to building rosters under a budget. Only four quarterbacks have ever won a Super Bowl while accounting for at least 11% of their team’s cap room: Young, Peyton Manning (twice), Tom Brady and Eli Manning.

Brady’s 2018 salary was $15 million, or 8.5 % of his team’s cap room.

That's a different question altogether. My objection was to the use of APY in such a loaded fashion. 

Brady's cap hit was $22m last year....good for 12.4% of the cap. 

EDIT TO ADD: Drew Brees was at 13.5 ($24m) and played behind one of the two or three best OLs in the league. 

The issue with this sort of idea is anchoring on the QB as the operative factor. The cap hold of the QB is the operative factor. Which ultimately gets to the following: are you more likely to be able to secure cheap production at QB to balance out an otherwise veteran-investment-heavy roster OR secure cheap production at other positions to balance out an expensive QB investment? 

For my money, I'd be much much much much more confident in the latter than the former. 

11 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

That's a different question altogether. My objection was to the use of APY in such a loaded fashion. 

Brady's cap hit was $22m last year....good for 12.4% of the cap. 

I mistakenly listed Brady’s average salary rather than his cap hit. All the other numbers should be accurate, though. 

It sure seems difficult to put together a 53 man roster without a lot of holes in it when one player takes up so much of the cap. 

What was the dem response to trump tweeting the anti-semitic garrison pic?

Edited by mfaulk57158

36 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

EDIT TO ADD: Drew Brees was at 13.5 ($24m) and played behind one of the two or three best OLs in the league. 

The issue with this sort of idea is anchoring on the QB as the operative factor. The cap hold of the QB is the operative factor. Which ultimately gets to the following: are you more likely to be able to secure cheap production at QB to balance out an otherwise veteran-investment-heavy roster OR secure cheap production at other positions to balance out an expensive QB investment? 

For my money, I'd be much much much much more confident in the latter than the former. 

The quarterbacks mentioned in the original tweet — Rodgers, Ryan, Cousins, Stafford — all have bad offensive lines.

Brees had a different problem as the Saints offense started to slow down as the season progressed imo because his only receiving threats were Thomas and Kamara. If Brees took $5 or $6 million less in salary then he could have another receiver, like say a Golden Tate, that would make his team much more formidable.

This was an interesting article:

The risky move a title-starved team should try: Trade a young, star QB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24801136/how-nfl-teams-trade-young-qb-starters-thrive-bill-barnwell-2018

You have to sign Mahomes no matter the cost, but will it be worth it to sign someone like Goff to a $30-something million contract? Right now I’d say no.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

This is gonna be the democratic nominee...

oh god Trump is getting re-elected 

Acting as though one set of laws applies to the normies and an entirely different set applies to her.  Very presidential, sadly.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

This is gonna be the democratic nominee...

oh god Trump is getting re-elected 

Dy6SA-QWwAEH9Ji.jpg

This tweet is fake, but it still makes me laugh. 

Also, I don't think she will be the nom. She seems to be trying to be a front runner early, which will put a big target on her back. I think once her record gets exposed, people will look elsewhere. I just have a hard time seeing black voters backing a candidate who is pro prison labor and tries to jail poor parents because of truancy. Policy and records matter. people do not exclusively vote on race and even if they did Booker is also black and doesn't have those negatives. 

Billy Ocean likes this

4 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Dy6SA-QWwAEH9Ji.jpg

This tweet is fake, but it still makes me laugh. 

Also, I don't think she will be the nom. She seems to be trying to be a front runner early, which will put a big target on her back. I think once her record gets exposed, people will look elsewhere. I just have a hard time seeing black voters backing a candidate who is pro prison labor and tries to jail poor parents because of truancy. Policy and records matter. people do not exclusively vote on race and even if they did Booker is also black and doesn't have those negatives. 

AKA and other black soros/frats are gonna go hard for her.  I need her to phase out soon

3 hours ago, Billy Ocean said:

lol

Quite a memory you have there.

Once again, you use it to try to take a shot.

Gee, Schmidt got pissed off.

I guess I should flush him, because only perfection will be tolerated, and those who stick with imperfect beings should be ridiculed.

Curious behavior for an adult.

1 minute ago, HolyMoses said:

Quite a memory you have there.

Once again, you use it to try to take a shot.

Gee, Schmidt got pissed off.

I guess I should flush him, because only perfection will be tolerated, and those who stick with imperfect beings should be ridiculed.

Curious behavior for an adult.

I love the fact that you have repeatedly praised Resistance icon Steve Schmidt.

Stephen Edward Schmidt[1] (born September 28, 1970)[2] is an American communicationsand public affairs strategist who has worked on Republican political campaigns including those of President George W. Bush, California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Arizona Senator John McCain. He is best known for pushing McCain to select Sarah Palin as his running mate.