Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

129,797 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, thofin21 said:

52478479_2204746592949675_1885658902582788096_n.jpg

If Howard Schultz runs and Trump wins, it will have been in part because of the boomers that were conned into thinking that a vote for Schultz represented meaningful protest against the current environment. I worry about that more than I worry about the same votes the Libertarians and Green Party get every election.

Billy Ocean and thofin21 like this

This is collusion...

Washington (CNN) Prosecutors said for the first time that they have evidence of Roger Stone communicating with WikiLeaks, according to a new court filing from special counsel prosecutors. 

During its investigation of the Russian hack of the Democrats, "the government obtained and executed dozens of search warrants on various accounts used to facilitate the transfer of stolen documents for release, as well as to discuss the timing and promotion of their release," the prosecutors wrote Friday to a federal judge. 

"Several of those search warrants were executed on accounts that contained Stone's communications with Guccifer 2.0 and with Organization 1," which is WikiLeaks.

Previously, the prosecutors had only outlined how Stone attempted to get in touch with WikiLeaks' Julian Assange through intermediaries. Stone sought to learn about what the hackers had stolen from the Democratic Party and how he hoped for its release so it could help Donald Trump's campaign, prosecutors have said.

Big_Dog likes this

24 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don’t know about the Country, but I am seriously concerned about my family and I making it.

We are in trouble as long as the orange orangutan is potus 

12 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

We are in trouble as long as the orange orangutan is potus 

All I know is, folks seem to be more willing to try us these days that weren’t so emboldened.

40 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

This is collusion...

Washington (CNN) Prosecutors said for the first time that they have evidence of Roger Stone communicating with WikiLeaks, according to a new court filing from special counsel prosecutors. 

During its investigation of the Russian hack of the Democrats, "the government obtained and executed dozens of search warrants on various accounts used to facilitate the transfer of stolen documents for release, as well as to discuss the timing and promotion of their release," the prosecutors wrote Friday to a federal judge. 

"Several of those search warrants were executed on accounts that contained Stone's communications with Guccifer 2.0 and with Organization 1," which is WikiLeaks.

Previously, the prosecutors had only outlined how Stone attempted to get in touch with WikiLeaks' Julian Assange through intermediaries. Stone sought to learn about what the hackers had stolen from the Democratic Party and how he hoped for its release so it could help Donald Trump's campaign, prosecutors have said.

But then they have to prove that Stone did something for Trumps campaign other than being a mouthpiece on TV.

If they have texts or something from Stone from stone relaying that info over to the Trump campaign then it is game ....set....match

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

But then they have to prove that Stone did something for Trumps campaign other than being a mouthpiece on TV.

If they have texts or something from Stone from stone relaying that info over to the Trump campaign then it is game ....set....match

They don’t.  Stone wasn’t a “mouthpiece on TV”.  He talked to Trump on a weekly basis and their friendship goes back years.  He was every bit a part of the campaign as Manafort.

Big_Dog likes this

13 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

They don’t.  Stone wasn’t a “mouthpiece on TV”.  He talked to Trump on a weekly basis and their friendship goes back years.  He was every bit a part of the campaign as Manafort.

Was he really though? 

He may have spoken to Trump on a weekly basis but i don't think that he was ever a part of the actual campaign...unlike manafort who was campaign manager.

If they are going to use that as collusion then they have to be pretty **** firm with it.

It does mean that Stone is phucked though.

Big_Dog likes this

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Was he really though? 

He may have spoken to Trump on a weekly basis but i don't think that he was ever a part of the actual campaign...unlike manafort who was campaign manager.

If they are going to use that as collusion then they have to be pretty **** firm with it.

It does mean that Stone is phucked though.

Look into the background of Stone’s relationship with Trump.  It goes back decades.

Also, Roger Stone was an official aide in the Trump campaign.  He says he quit and Trump says he fired him.  But he was a campaign official and even after he left the campaign, he was a top Trump advisor.

Big_Dog likes this

17 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Look into the background of Stone’s relationship with Trump.  It goes back decades.

Also, Roger Stone was an official aide in the Trump campaign.  He says he quit and Trump says he fired him.  But he was a campaign official and even after he left the campaign, he was a top Trump advisor.

Ok....now we have to know if those communicationsnications happened while he was an official advisor.

If this is what is going to use to bring down Trump they need to make sure it is air tight.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Ok....now we have to know if those communicationsnications happened while he was an official advisor.

If this is what is going to use to bring down Trump they need to make sure it is air tight.

This alone isn’t going to end Trump’s presidency.  But it DOES show that they are getting close to Trump.  It’s inconceivable that Trump didn’t know that his campaign manager was sharing polling data with Russians AND that all of these conversations with Russians took place with his top campaign officials AND that Roger Stone was directly communication with Wikileaks.  

The argument that Trump didn’t know about all of this is becoming increasingly absurd.

Big_Dog likes this