Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, lostone said:

@JDaveG come on man... they are getting lazy

Like I said earlier in my definitions, conservative satire usually isn't funny.

39 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I wonder if Trump’s hold out on signing the budget bill might be him wanting to veto it and then let Congress override his veto, and then declare the national emergency.  That way he can blame the “bad” deal on the GOP establishment and say that he fought for the wall.

Well... the only way Mitch was going to put it to a vote was if Trump "firmly agreed" to sign it... so yeah, that's definitely a possibility considering that a "Firm agreement" from DJ "45" Trump is as good as worthless.

Leon Troutsky likes this

40 minutes ago, lostone said:

OMG, it gets worse... why Barbara why?!

She is from CA and believes she is a good candidate? that is why people normally endorse candidates. :shrug:

Kamala has been killing it in the early primary game. She is definitely winning so far. 

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

Republicans are banking that Democrats will suddenly refind the value in moderation once their back in power which might be foolish given the overall trend right now but they aren't without precedence to expect it.

I don't know. Predicting someone to do what they have always done in the past is usually a safe bet. 

6 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The sound cuts out about 5 seconds in. What does he say? 

He went to go see Planet of the Apes in a 'questionable' area, he got there, and he, "walked into Planet of the Apes," and, "walked into Africa."

The thing about this is that it won't be forgotten like government shutdowns are once they're resolved. There will be constant reminders over the next two years that this is going on and being fought over.

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

I genuinely can't remember what's supposed to be wrong with Albright.  There's something I'm sure but I guess I'm just thinking of her direct predecessors and successors which sometimes bordered on war criminality I definitely will remember

Edit: I know she took some deserved heat for the UN response to Rwanda  cause they ****ed up and didn't take it serious but kinda seems like a stretch to send her to the Hauge for it

You'll find that somebody has a problem with every secretary of state. If it's not something that comes to your mind, you might do yourself a favor by saving your indignation for those on your own list.

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

You'll find that somebody has a problem with every secretary of state. If it's not something that comes to your mind, you might do yourself a favor by saving your indignation for those on your own list.

I just didn't know if we were acting like Albright was Henry Kissinger....or even Colin Powell. It's weird to me that Barbara Lee gets a strike for merely doing a picture with her. I mean are they writing a book together about how neo liberalism smells like fresh cinnamon rolls? Otherwise it's kinda meh. Like hanging out with Al Gore or some ****

JayOzOne likes this

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I wonder if Trump’s hold out on signing the budget bill might be him wanting to veto it and then let Congress override his veto, and then declare the national emergency.  That way he can blame the “bad” deal on the GOP establishment and say that he fought for the wall.

I find it funny all these scenarios are playing out out loud in public, everyone knows what he is doing and why he is doing it even main stream conservative media is picking up onthe reason for him to declare an emergency to save face. So how can you save face when everyone knows what he is doing will get blocked even Trump knows that?

1 hour ago, Jpowers said:

Trump knows this, everyone knows this, it is by design. Trump can blame the liberal courts for blocking the wall. Problem is EVERYONE knows this so how does it save face for him?

Statick likes this

Bosnia might be the last time in US history that I can remember us doing some killing in the name of humanitarian efforts....and it working out ...more or less. That happens like 1 time out of every ten for us.

5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

*facepalm*

I like that he committed the crime in the same jacket he does his actor headshot. 

Edit: actually looking at the collar I guess he just likes highschool letterman/baseball style jackets

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this