Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

141,269 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Republicans are going to regret it if they don’t stand up to Trump’s declaration of emergency.  

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I mean, I would say Dems could use this as precedent to declare a climate emergency, but then I remember that Dem leadership still sucks *** so there is no way in **** they'd actually do it.

Republicans are banking that Democrats will suddenly refind the value in moderation once their back in power which might be foolish given the overall trend right now but they aren't without precedence to expect it.

16 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I mean that he bought the last room in the Inn, which meant that Jesus had to sleep outside in the manger.  Literal enough for you?

Makes perfect sense. He isn't a big one for immigrants.

3 hours ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I still haven't seen the justification for diverting the funds

Stands to reason that the Dems can only have so many congressional hearings. So they're going to give them more problems than they can investigate before the next election. That way, something is bound to slip through the cracks.

49 minutes ago, achilles return said:

No limit to how deplorably stoopid so many Republicans are. This actually made sense to him.

I am genuinely curious to see how the "mexico will pay for the wall" narrative continues to adapt to a national emergency declaration that literally seeks to steal funds from a  pile of ear marked American tax money. 

Unless Puerto Rico =Mexico

Leon Troutsky likes this

22 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

He should take. El Chapo's 14 billion and say a Mexican drug lord is paying for it

Edited by Brehus
Big_Dog likes this

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

45 minutes ago, AF89 said:

These are two quality young people jokes which I fear most on this board won't understand. But I see you fam.

giphy.gif

I wonder if Trump’s hold out on signing the budget bill might be him wanting to veto it and then let Congress override his veto, and then declare the national emergency.  That way he can blame the “bad” deal on the GOP establishment and say that he fought for the wall.

10 minutes ago, lostone said:

Barbara Nooooooo

I genuinely can't remember what's supposed to be wrong with Albright.  There's something I'm sure but I guess I'm just thinking of her direct predecessors and successors which sometimes bordered on war criminality I definitely will remember

Edit: I know she took some deserved heat for the UN response to Rwanda  cause they ****ed up and didn't take it serious but kinda seems like a stretch to send her to the Hauge for it