Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,524 posts in this topic

Have any bernie brose just come right out and called Kamala an aunt Tom for her career as a prosecutor? Cause I feel like that's probably coming from them.

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Have any bernie brose just come right out and called Kamala an aunt Tom for her career as a prosecutor? Cause I feel like that's probably coming from them.

Nah. They just call her a cop. That's sufficient.

mdrake34 likes this

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Personally, I think Harris is going to blow her load a bit early. Combine that with her previous positions on criminal justice, and I think she fizzles pretty quick.

CNN already gave her a town hall.  Gillibrand has just gotten Sunday morning interviews, and Warren awkwardly drank a beer on IG live.  I think Perez pushes to ensure Kamala gets the nom, but we'll see.  I don't disagree with anything you said, I just have this feeling the DNC is going to throw its weight behind Kamala.

Like I said there's also something particularly evil to me of people who fetishisze conflict and the real world suffering of thier enemies but are also giant pu$$ies. Like you know there isn't even really a deluded nationalitic brainwashing to it unless that's a secondary convenience. At best it's sociopathic greed, at worst it's getting your rocks off on dead brown people. 

Difference between Tywin and Joffery I guess

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

CNN already gave her a town hall.  Gillibrand has just gotten Sunday morning interviews, and Warren awkwardly drank a beer on IG live.  I think Perez pushes to ensure Kamala gets the nom, but we'll see.  I don't disagree with anything you said, I just have this feeling the DNC is going to throw its weight behind Kamala.

I mean you have to remember that no one else of any real substance has officially declared unless you count Gillibrand. Of course Harris going to get the lions share of all the media spotlight. Beto, Biden, Warren (and for shirts and giggles I'll throw in Booker) are all playing stupid.

10 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I must admit your vying to become the board’s second biggest defender of centrist Dems is not something I foresaw. 

faViLNr.jpg

;)

17 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

They will. They are going to push the women/people of color thing. Which, don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with. I just wish they would let things happen a bit more organically. One of my biggest gripes with HRC was this "Don't vote for me because I'm a women... But remember, I'm a women and if you don't vote for me, you're sexist" deal that she sorta used in passing.

If you don't want your sex/color/creed/etc to be used against you, you can't use it against other people. The second you use it, it's fair game.

Edited by Optimus_Cr1m35
Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

7 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

They will. They are going to push the women/people of color thing. Which, don't get me wrong, I don't have an issue with. I just wish they would let things happen a bit more organically. One of my biggest gripes with HRC was this "Don't vote for me because I'm a women... But remember, I'm a women and if you don't vote for me, you're sexist" deal that she sorta used in passing.

If you don't want your sex/color/creed/etc to be used against you, you can't use it against other people. The second you use it, it's fair game.

Bout the only thing I have to look forward to in a Harris presidency is just how much fox news conservatives will absolutely HATE her *** for hilariously superficial reasons even as she is about an ideological close to them as a Democrat is this environment is likely to be.  (Not all that different from Hillary come to think of it)

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and mdrake34 like this

29 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Not that I have seen or heard. I have seen and heard plenty of erasing of women and POC supporters of Sanders by his opponents though.

5 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Bout the only thing I have to look forward to in a Harris presidency is just how much fox news conservatives will absolutely HATE her *** for hilariously superficial reasons even as she is about an ideological close to them as a Democrat is this environment is likely to be.  (Not all that different from Hillary come to think of it)

They'll hate her because she's a female and because she isn't white. As you stated, she's about as close to the GOP as HRC was, and about as close as a Dem could be and still have a chance.

AF89 and mdrake34 like this

4 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Not that I have seen or heard. I have seen and heard plenty of erasing of women and POC supporters of Sanders by his opponents though.

Yeah, the anti-Bernie crowd has been going pretty hard on twitter. Any post that mentions Bernie2020 is followed by a slew of "Never Bernie" posts. Hard to determine which are bots, which are republicans, and which are actual Dem voters. Just in some quick research the other night, I found a pretty significant number of "Egg avatars" with no followers, and the @(enter a name)98659869 in the replies...

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

5 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

They'll hate her because she's a female and because she isn't white. As you stated, she's about as close to the GOP as HRC was, and about as close as a Dem could be and still have a chance.

I can just imagine the white hot rage the first time she "mouths off" to a old white republican^_^

(turns out they were just arguing how much of the welfare state they should roll back):sadwave:

Here’s an interesting thought.  

I was just watching Roger STone going into the courthouse with a bunch of people waving Russian flags and holding signs like “Dirty Traitor”.

I wonder what effect those images have on people’s beliefs about the guilt of the person accused.  

My suspicion is that those images create a polarizing reaction among partisans.  Dems are going to think he’s guilty regardless of the protests.  And hard core Reps are going to believe he’s innocent.  But among leaning Reps who might be open to believing Stone is guilty might react to those images and “dig in” or lean towards believing Stone, especially if Stone is alleging a “witch hunt”.

IOW, I wonder if those protests and signs might not have a counter-productive effect on public opinion.

“She’s pissing off a lot of people and has probably made a lot of enemies. … A lot of people who are furious with her are Joe’s allies, including some named Crowley,” said the insider, referring to Crowley’s cousin, Elizabeth Crowley, a former New York City councilwoman. “She is a woman. She’s been moving more to the left. She would be someone interesting.”

lmao

Sn4tteRBoxXeR and lostone like this

10 hours ago, Jpowers said:

I just want to get this straight. 

We can hold every stance that every other politician has taken over their life time against them but calling Trump out over being a draft dodger is somehow weird? Even while he calls out Blumenthal

Trump literally said he thinks he would have made a good general and calling him out over being a draft dodger is weird? 

He literally said I think I would have been a good general, while also being a draft dodger, and it's weird to say you dodged the draft you *****. 

This seems like some of y'all are moving the bar involuntarily. 

We would roast each and every Democrat mercilessly for this exact same crime. There would be bad *** memes and everything. 

But Trump gets to say I think I would have been a good General......... And it's just weird to point it out? Seems stupid to me. 

I never roasted Bill Clinton for dodging the draft. I would have been right along with him. 

If we all agree that the Vietnam war was a dumb, immoral waste of life then why would we **** on anyone who did what they could to not participate in it? And if I had the means to keep my kid from having to die for that nonsense, then that's exactly what I'm going to do. 

And I'm separating the nonsense that Trump says from what he's actually done so far as president. So far, he's not been any more hawkish than any other president in my lifetime save maybe for Carter.

We're all up in arms when Trump says he would be a good general after dodging the draft, but we're seemingly cool with Obama never serving but vaporizing women and children at weddings. Why is that? 

For all of the things for which we can legitimately **** on Trump. Being a rich kid that got out of having to fight in Vietnam is pretty low on that list, IMO.

5 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Elizabeth Warren was mocked for her DNA test.  Seems like small stuff compared to any of Trump’s crap, but somehow it’s a big deal for Warren.

If I ever mocked Warren, it would be for her doing the test to begin with. No one cares, but Trump got into her head so much with the Pocahantas stuff that she felt she needed to do it. 

And those commercial DNA services are largely junk science anyway. 

Billy Ocean likes this

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

If I ever mocked Warren, it would be for her doing the test to begin with. No one cares, but Trump got into her head so much with the Pocahantas stuff that she felt she needed to do it. 

And those commercial DNA services are largely junk science anyway. 

It was just proof that she isn't up to the task of taking him on. Instead of ignoring his bait she allowed him to dictate her own narrative and stepped on rakes by doing so.

This present generation of billionaires who want to be president is worthless. At least Ross Perot was funny and brought up some good points.

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

It was just proof that she isn't up to the task of taking him on. Instead of ignoring his bait she allowed him to dictate her own narrative and stepped on rakes by doing so.

Psychic Gibbon likes this