Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,809 posts in this topic

This is going to be fun.

Mike Bloomberg Tells Howard Schultz to Sit Down and S.T.F.U.

Some advice about running for president, from one billionaire to another.

JANUARY 28, 2019 5:57 PM

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

I'm reminded of WFW when he says things in here with glaringly obvious comebacks because I guess there's just some sorta sexual thrill in being slapped down...hard

Like Trump knows what the response will be..he's not unaware of what people say about him and Vietnam....I just don't see the point from his point of view unless it's for the attention. 

Because Trump is not the first POTUS to get out of the military/war by using leverage from people in high places.

What he didn't do is lie about being a Vietnam Vet and try to use that for political gain.

Do you see the distinction there? Don't answer because that was rhetorical...I know you don't see.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

SHDMGQBDLYI6TNNUDUMN7N5QQQ.jpg

Wide open primary. 

Harris has my vote over Trump if it comes to it because she's promising a lot of progressive agenda steps right now. 

Literally (just about) any other Democrat has my vote over Harris cause I don't think she believes a gawd**** word of the noises coming out of her mouth hole. (And not for nothing but she seems like a terrible person)

A lot of these names (like Hillary) are probably going to be folks I could care less what happens to them the day after they get rid of Trump. 2024 probably going to be a banner year for the GOP. Hopefully this time they won't turn to a guy that's going to claim walls aren't conservative enough and go straight to camps...er detention centers

10 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Yeah. I was talking to my mother in law last night. She got hooked pretty good by Harris. She is a Bernie fan as well.

Personally, I think Harris is going to blow her load a bit early. Combine that with her previous positions on criminal justice, and I think she fizzles pretty quick.

Yeah, she's in the news a lot lately with puff pieces so I'm kinda expecting her numbers to go up a bit but it really feels like peaking too early truth be told.

21 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Hey why shouldn't we care more about the disingenuous pasts of progressive (for political gain) agendas now than the disingenuous pasts of draconian old white dudes actively trying to do bad things in the present?...it only makes sense

It’s okay, people have different priorities. You’re allowed to care about things that don’t have any real impact on people’s lives, like Trump’s not fighting in Vietnam and his sex life.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

2 hours ago, big_dog said:

:vince: You are so thick headed. You call yourself an American? 

Image result for russia gifs

I have WFW on ignore ( which is nice )  put he is just lying now. 

Put aside that people have actually been convicted and pled guilty to  LYING about Russian contact,  there is an indictment regarding Manafort sharing election data with a Russian agent.  

Which reminds me, I need to put rand Paul on my list.  When asked about that specific charge, he first dodged it two or three times then finally said “you can get polling data off the Internet”.  

He knows how intellectually dishonest that assertion is. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

It’s okay, people have different priorities. You’re allowed to care about things that don’t have any real impact on people’s lives, like Trump’s not fighting in Vietnam and his sex life.

Again I only care in so much as he now represents himself as the pro military president who wants to threaten war with just about anyone as a opening negotiation tactic. 

I'm sure that's really different than pointing out how disingenuous people like Harris  (or any other neo con) are being when they champion the newest progressive fad talking points based on their previous viewpoints tho

mdrake34 likes this

5 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

I have WFW on ignore ( which is nice ) he is just lying now. 

Put aside that people have actually been convicted and pled guilty to  LYING about Russian contact,  there is an indictment regarding Manafort sharing election data with a Russian agent.  

He knows how intellectually dishonest that assertion is. 

@WhenFalconsWin  Wake up Comrade. We all have your number.

8 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Again I only care in so much as he now represents himself as the pro military president who wants to threaten war with just about anyone as a opening negotiation tactic. 

I'm sure that's really different than pointing out how disingenuous people like Harris  (or any other neo con) are being when they champion the newest progressive fad talking points based on their previous viewpoints tho

eh with respect to being militaristic so far it seems like we could’ve done worse.

4 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

eh with respect to being militaristic so far it seems like we could’ve done worse.

We also could have done ALOT better. (I could post a bunch of tweets covering broad escalation of proxy wars, drone rules of engagement and state armament the past few years but you already know bout those)

Just now, AF89 said:

We also could have done ALOT better. (I could post a bunch of tweets coverin broad escalation of proxy wars and armament the past few years but you already know bout those)

Yes we could’ve nominated Bernie.

Just now, Billy Ocean said:

Yes we could’ve nominated Bernie.

I mean I don't disagree. When Bernie gives the usual global peace and not being such an intervetionalist talking points I actually believe him. No reason not to.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

Just now, AF89 said:

I mean I don't disagree. When Bernie gives the usual global peace and not being such an intervetionalist talking points I actually believe him. No reason not to.

I’ve always wondered how big of a proxy war we’d have in Syria if Hillary had won.

35 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Passing a tax cut for the ultra wealthy to increase wealth inequality in the entire country is definitely a lesser sin than prosecuting overwhelmingly single black mothers for truancy in California. 

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

25 minutes ago, big_dog said:

@WhenFalconsWin  Wake up Comrade. We all have your number.

You're being made a fool of, I've tried to help you, but I can't.

Good luck with your rainbow unicorn fantasies of Trump and Russian collusion.

24 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Have we actually done those things yet?  Or are we about to start a violent coup in South America?

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Have we actually done those things yet?  Or are we about to start a violent coup in South America?

Just talking about doing these things a month ago set off the apoplectic (pullout Dems) to defend we need to stay and we hate hate Trump crowd.

Do you see a problem here?

9 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Passing a tax cut for the ultra wealthy to increase wealth inequality in the entire country is definitely a lesser sin than prosecuting overwhelmingly single black mothers for truancy in California. 

Yes the tax cuts were a bad thing, but I thought we were talking about people’s pasts so it seems like an odd thing to bring up in the context of the conversation.

1 minute ago, mdrake34 said:

We’ll see what he does; that’s why I always try to include “so far” when discussing his foreign policy. I’m sure that Rubio, Kasich, and Hillary wouldn’t have announced a withdrawal, though.

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

Yes the tax cuts were a bad thing, but I thought we were talking about people’s pasts so it seems like an odd thing to bring up in the context of the conversation.

We’ll see what he does; that’s why I always try to include “so far” when discussing his foreign policy. I’m sure that Rubio, Kasich, and Hillary wouldn’t have announced a withdrawal, though.

There's any number of terrible things Trump has done in the past, and with the progressive standard of ****ing one's eternal soul to **** for one single bad thing in the past, you would think that would be enough to draw some scorn for him, not this weird semi-hero worship for him for so-far empty promises. 

But hey, let's keep dunking on centrist dems while Trump burns the world through denying climate change and basically dissolving the EPA.

Leon Troutsky likes this