Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

127,849 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

But that's been basically the same as virtually every administration in my lifetime, whether the president served or not.

We have invaded nations, sponsored coups and death squads, installed puppet dictators, droned weddings, and starved millions with economic sanctions. All of that has been done by presidents that were combat veterans, and presidents that were draft dodgers.

I just want to get this straight. 

We can hold every stance that every other politician has taken over their life time against them but calling Trump out over being a draft dodger is somehow weird? Even while he calls out Blumenthal

Trump literally said he thinks he would have made a good general and calling him out over being a draft dodger is weird? 

He literally said I think I would have been a good general, while also being a draft dodger, and it's weird to say you dodged the draft you *****. 

This seems like some of y'all are moving the bar involuntarily. 

We would roast each and every Democrat mercilessly for this exact same crime. There would be bad *** memes and everything. 

But Trump gets to say I think I would have been a good General......... And it's just weird to point it out? Seems stupid to me. 

MAD597 likes this

I get that we have been inundated with dumb Trump quotes 

But he literally said I think I would have been a good general and it's somehow weird to say you dodged the draft *****. 

No Democrat gets away with that. Nobody. They would be mocked relentlessly. Even some of y'all have moved the bar.

I mean it doesn't really matter but my God y'all would own the Dem who did the same. 

MAD597 likes this

If Obama would have ever said..... 

I think I would have been a good general every single person here would have mocked him relentlessly. And it would have been fair. If he would have trashed Blumenthal over his "fake" service while also saying those things..... We would have mocked him relentlessly. If he would have said that veterans who don't commit suicide over PTSD are stronger...... 

If he would have said those things while also being a draft dodger...... Dude y'all would have murdered him. And rightfully so. 

This is getting weird. And dumb. It's trying to go too far to one side. 

After the things Trump has said his draft dodging absolutely comes into play, at least on this forum. It's dumb to argue otherwise. We criticize Pence for snitch ing on his college roommates over a Keg. 

defcon4 likes this

11 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

But he literally said I think I would have been a good general and it's somehow weird to say you dodged the draft *****. 

No Democrat gets away with that. Nobody. They would be mocked relentlessly. Even some of y'all have moved the bar.

I mean it doesn't really matter but my God y'all would own the Dem who did the same. 

It's not so much whether or not we can think it's weird (it really ****ing is) but so much as my stance is I'm not fixing to give him one iota of credit or breathing room on this bullchit  when he rattles the amount of sabers he does.

If it explains anything I have the exact same issue with my extremely MAGA grandfather who dodged Vietnam himself, and like Trump attended officers training at a military prep school.  But he'd root his dear leader to invade Iran in a heartbeat so long as me nor my cousins had to fight in it.

I really hate the disingenuous of it. And that's before you calculate in how much money these people stand to make for them and their buddies off this bullchit

Trump said not getting a STD was his personal Vietnam......while criticizing Blumenthal. 

It just keeps going. 

Saying ***** you were a draft dodger is perfectly reasonable. It just keeps going. 

Saying so on this forum is completely reasonable. Some of y'all are just being weird about it. We can call Pence a snitch *** soft gentleman...... But criticizing Trump on his draft dodging with all his baggage to go along with it...... 

That's just crossing a line? Seems pretty dumb to me. 

The whole background plot of those purge movies was how a privileged elite had turned bloodletting into massive prosperity and profits while they sat perfectly safe behind their steel walls and security and didn't really have to participate. 

Good thing that's fiction tho

Also, people need to stop marginalizing Harris' ethnicity. Just like Barack Obama, she is bi-racial. She's not just "Black" and she is not just "South Asian." She's both. This isn't meant as underhanded racism. Just be smart, inclusive and respectful about it. This is for people to remember that there are more than just "Black" and "White" people in America and on this earth, and we need to actively contribute to "progress" in race relations by recognizing that people are more complex than how Baby Boomers see them.

40 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Hah! Schultz is doing it for his bank account Merica.

Good thing no one actually had proposed a 70 % tax on income huh?

He sounds like another out of touch billionare who is pretending to understand the "every day" person.

30 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Good thing no one actually had proposed a 70 % tax on income huh?

He sounds like another out of touch billionare who is pretending to understand the "every day" person.

nm

Edited by ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒

1 hour ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Also, people need to stop marginalizing Harris' ethnicity. Just like Barack Obama, she is bi-racial. She's not just "Black" and she is not just "South Asian." She's both. This isn't meant as underhanded racism. Just be smart, inclusive and respectful about it. This is for people to remember that there are more than just "Black" and "White" people in America and on this earth, and we need to actively contribute to "progress" in race relations by recognizing that people are more complex than how Baby Boomers see them.

Remember: One drop.

5 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Elizabeth Warren was mocked for her DNA test.  Seems like small stuff compared to any of Trump’s crap, but somehow it’s a big deal for Warren.

50 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Elizabeth Warren was mocked for her DNA test.  Seems like small stuff compared to any of Trump’s crap, but somehow it’s a big deal for Warren.

It’s a big deal for actual Native Americans.

9 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

34 non-RC indictments...have fum with that. Disrupting a presidency, the country, and forget the money and waste of time. Seems it would of been a lot quicker, easier, and less expensive if Mueller had gone after the side that really committed Russian collusion.

:vince: You are so thick headed. You call yourself an American? 

Image result for russia gifs

jidady likes this

55 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’ve never criticized anyone for draft dodging because dodging the draft wasn’t a bad thing.

I'm pro ****ing too but that doesn't I can't judge Trump as a colossal turd for cheating on his pregnant wife.