Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

127,849 posts in this topic

Ummmm....

“I am comfortable that the decisions that were made are going to be reviewed either through the various means we have, but right now, the investigation is, I think, close to being completed, and I hope we can get the report from Director Mueller as soon as possible.”

18 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I want the House to have Mueller testify and ask him directly if Whitaker or anyone else tried to prematurely close or limit the investigation.  

I don’t trust Whitaker or Barr.  If Mueller testifies under oath that they didn’t interfere then I’ll believe him.  Until then, there’s going to be legitimate questions about whether Mueller was allowed to complete his investigation.

They've been trying this tactic for what feels like 18+ months now, trying to rush Mueller to the finish line, essentially trying to get a best case scenario Iran Contra (or as they see it Hillary's EMAILS!!) out of this, where there's a bunch of noise but no one important is ever really punished so we can cut this short before anyone ever truly establishes criminal intent.

Is It more legitimate cause Whitaker says so this time...eh maybe

mdrake34 likes this

7 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

This is why we need Medicare for America. 

Options won't cut it, be they state government opt ins or average brainwashed right-winger opt outs.

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

They've been trying this tactic for what feels like 18+ months now, trying to rush Mueller to the finish line, essentially trying to get a best case scenario Iran Contra (or as they see it Hillary's EMAILS!!) out of this, where there's a bunch of noise but no one important is ever really punished so we can cut this short before anyone ever truly establishes criminal intent.

Is It more legitimate cause Whitaker says so this time...eh maybe

Whitaker has the power to shut down the investigation before it’s finished.  That’s the difference.  

And that’s why Mueller needs to be asked under oath if he was allowed to finish his investigation to his satisfaction.

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Whitaker has the power to shut down the investigation before it’s finished.  That’s the difference.  

And that’s why Mueller needs to be asked under oath if he was allowed to finish his investigation to his satisfaction.

Yes but the key is they need to get the overall media narrative to one that won't immediately backfire. First they tried a media push of Mueller NEEDS to wrap this up quickly,  that didn't work so more recently their trying to groom our expectations that the investigation will be ending SOON.

If the investigation were to just lock shop out of the blue it creates a huge political backlash that the Dems can jump on, but if we're all expecting or even wanting the investigation to wrap it up then it becomes much harder for Dems to grandstand on it without looking whiney. 

Just now, AF89 said:

Yes but the key is they need to get the overall media narrative to one that won't immediately backfire. First they tried a media push of Mueller NEEDS to wrap this up quickly,  that didn't work so more recently their trying to groom our expectations that the investigation will be ending SOON.

If the investigation were to just lock shop out of the blue it creates a huge political backlash that the Dems can jump on, but if we're all expecting or even wanting the investigation to wrap it up then it becomes much harder for Dems to grandstand on it.

Yep, but this isn’t about grandstanding.

Mueller’s findings are completely irrelevant if people cannot trust that it was a complete and unobstructed investigation.

So having Mueller in public answering the question about whether the investigation was completed to his satisfaction without interference from Whitaker or others is essential.  

Without that, if Mueller doesn’t conclude that Trump did anything illegal, then there will always be questions about interference and obstruction.  If Mueller confirms that the investigation wasn’t interfered with then it makes accepting a conclusion that Trump did nothing illegal (if that’s his conclusion) much more acceptable.  

Basically, they need to have Mueller publicly confirm (or dispute) the integrity of the investigation.

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

JFC, I just looked up “Gorillion” and found the origins of “Gorillon”...not surprised that it’s racist af, but still.

latest?cb=20170822195004

50 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Options won't cut it, be they state government opt ins or average brainwashed right-winger opt outs.

Medicare 4 America absorbing Medicaid/CHIP isn't optional. The funding mechanism part might be, but that is true for Sanders SP proposal. They both have Maintenance of Effort payments, but M4Am actually has claw behind their proposal. States will lose federal funding for certain items if they do not opt in and expansion states get a discount after opting in. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

Medicare 4 America absorbing Medicaid/CHIP isn't optional. The funding mechanism part might be, but that is true for Sanders SP proposal. They both have Maintenance of Effort payments, but M4Am actually has claw behind their proposal. States will lose federal funding for certain items if they do not opt in and expansion states get a discount after opting in. 

States that opted into Medicaid expansion got discounts as well. Didn't entice Republican run states for the most part.

3 hours ago, big_dog said:

:slick:  Bout time wouldn't ya say. 34 indictments I think so far not counting the last couple. I've lost count of @WhenFalconsWin so called 'Witch Hunt' arrests :lol:

34 non-RC indictments...have fum with that. Disrupting a presidency, the country, and forget the money and waste of time. Seems it would of been a lot quicker, easier, and less expensive if Mueller had gone after the side that really committed Russian collusion.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I'm far more interested in voting for whoever said that.

I'm not running this time around. Trump has that in the bag.