Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,883 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I posted it earlier but I think the video is really worth watching. The moderator poses the question like it's a joke and Dell launches into a Republican talking point about you being better able to give to people than the government. Then when she presses him for a more detailed response he claims that a tax rate that high has never worked anywhere. You could feel the tension when the other guy chimed in and deflated that argument.

What really irked me though was that the moderator, who is supposedly an economics writer at the Washington Post, said that we only ever had a 70% tax rate for a short time in the 80s. That and her framing the question like it's some ludicrous absurdity really irked me for some reason.

you and me both brother

10 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There’s something wrong about Carter Page.

Nunberg is a hoot, going after Caputo after Caputo goes after Corsi because Corsi threw shade at Stone. I wasn't sure if this would be worth watching, but it was. Roger Stone is probably ******. Hopefully.

Edited by ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒

3 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Nunberg is a hoot, going after Caputo after Caputo goes after Corsi because Caputo is defending Stone. I wasn't sure if this would be worth watching, but it was.

Yeah, any time you get a bunch of smug arrogant morons all facing possible criminal charges, they’re going to turn on each other.  

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

He's got a WFW vibe to him.

I was thinking more like a cyborb created to look like a serial killer. 

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The only Venuzuelans I know are Josef and Acuna:sadwave:

I sometimes wonder how they feel about their adopted country medling with their home country but then I remember their rich as **** now :ninja:

Carter Page shaking his head “no” but then “yes” but then “no” but then “yes yes yes” while Caputo talking is kind of revealing.  It’s like “that’s not the right story...that’s the story we’re telling...nope, not that....but yes that’s part of our tale”.  

26 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

dream team on msnbc right now

6wRxgbA.jpg

So as someone who bangs on MSNBC all the time and refuses to watch most videos or opinion shows on it, I have to say that this was a quality, quality suggestion. 

Thank you very much for sharing it so that I could tune in and watch.  Seriously, it’s much appreciated.

41 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

I'm somewhat happy they don't make national news because they are largely cherry picked. This things happen so often that I wonder why some are picked out for national coverage and some aren't.

It just popped up on NBC News. They used to break in when something like this happened but at least it's getting some run. And I agree. They're talking about the 19th mass shooting this year but I don't remember hearing about the 18th. The last that I heard about was the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre. BTW, it's the same when they talk about missing kids and women on national news when dozens go missing every week. Who is worthy of the nation's attention?

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Carter Page shaking his head “no” but then “yes” but then “no” but then “yes yes yes” while Caputo talking is kind of revealing.  It’s like “that’s not the right story...that’s the story we’re telling...nope, not that....but yes that’s part of our tale”.  

Leon Troutsky likes this

9 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

It just popped up on NBC News. They used to break in when something like this happened but at least it's getting some run. And I agree. They're talking about the 19th mass shooting this year but I don't remember hearing about the 18th. The last that I heard about was the Pittsburgh synagogue massacre. BTW, it's the same when they talk about missing kids and women on national news when dozens go missing every week. Who is worthy of the nation's attention?

I don't particularly think this is any kind of revelation we all know this but it's gotten to the point where if the identity of the shooter or victims isn't something that can be used as a political hammer it isnt going to lead very long on the news. A lot of people even lost interest in the Vegas shooter and his unprecedented record setting body count when it became apparent he wasn't going to be linked to white supremacists or "antifa". If the gun in a massacre isn't on the list of scary guns it gets dropped even further

4 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

I agree with this one.  It was definitely informative and entertaining in a train wreck sort of way.  Solid effort by MSNBC.

Big_Dog likes this

54 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

oh I'm not giving Cohen the benefit of the doubt, only saying that something is going on behind the scenes. I mean... based on what we see and what you said, either

• Cohen is angling for a pardon and doesn't want to cross Trump
  • Trump knows wrongdoing that Cohen's FIL engaged in and is threatening Cohen that he will reveal it (didn't he somewhat already via twitter?)
  • Cohen may now be a witness in " obstruction of justice or witness intimidation" that Trump engaged in by THREATENING Cohen, so now Cohen has to provide more evidence so that Mueller can use this latest episode in court.

What else could it be

I don’t know, but I think there’s some truth to this:

8w2vjbjnoe011.jpg