Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

123,173 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

This just in: Maduro is giving U.S. diplomatic personnel 72 hours to get the f**k out.

24 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He can do it from the oval office. Screw all those interruptions, applause, and jeers anyways. Just get the message out. 

:lol:

It worked so well the last two times he gave a national address during the shutdown.  Everybody, just look at how much of a difference Trump makes when he just gets his message out.

15 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol:

It worked so well the last two times he gave a national address during the shutdown.  Everybody, just look at how much of a difference Trump makes when he just gets his message out.

I'm convinced that WFW's posts are a strange form of satire where he intentionally says the wrong thing repeatedly to see what responses he gets.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'm convinced that WFW's posts are a strange form of satire where he intentionally says the wrong thing repeatedly to see what responses he gets.

He admitted such on several occasions. But then, he digs deep on finding articles to support his spin and the "satire" seems more like the mad manifestations of someone with MPD.

james mcavoy flex GIF by Glass

thofin21 likes this

Not sure I've ever seen a US backed coup in real time and known it for what it was. I mean there are always others you sorta expect (I think we probably at least had prior knowledge about the one in Turkey) but never them being this obvious about it.

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Trump's intimidation toward Cohen and his family are working.

My 2 dollar take is that Cohen is using Trump's intimidation as cover to postpone when the real reason is given, "further cooperation with Mueller"

32 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

My 2 dollar take is that Cohen is using Trump's intimidation as cover to postpone when the real reason is given, "further cooperation with Mueller"

Yeah . . . NO.

I still don't trust the SOB.  I think he's still trying to leverage a pardon.  

I'm not saying he won't do the right thing. I'm saying he will only do the right thing if it suits his personal interests.  Once he testifies publicly, Trumps has zero use for him and he will go to jail.  But the damage will be done, so if Trump is going to pardon him, now is the time.  

And even though I don't trust him to do the right thing for morality's sake, I do have complete confidence in the veracity of his testimony.  

Once again, Cohen has a million and two items that assure Cohen tells the truth:  One million pieces of evidence.  And Cohen's balls in a vice.

Leon Troutsky and thofin21 like this

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

These people are so full of ****. I'm glad we're finally moving past failed Republican policies and talking points.

I posted it earlier but I think the video is really worth watching. The moderator poses the question like it's a joke and Dell launches into a Republican talking point about you being better able to give to people than the government. Then when she presses him for a more detailed response he claims that a tax rate that high has never worked anywhere. You could feel the tension when the other guy chimed in and deflated that argument.

What really irked me though was that the moderator, who is supposedly an economics writer at the Washington Post, said that we only ever had a 70% tax rate for a short time in the 80s. That and her framing the question like it's some ludicrous absurdity really irked me for some reason.

How sad that these stories don't even make the national news anymore. For the record, this is the 19th mass shooting in 23 days and there were 9 shot of which 5 died so far. Thoughts & prayers.

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

12 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Yeah . . . NO.

I still don't trust the SOB.  I think he's still trying to leverage a pardon.  

I'm not saying he won't do the right thing. I'm saying he will only do the right thing if it suits his personal interests.  Once he testifies publicly, Trumps has zero use for him and he will go to jail.  But the damage will be done, so if Trump is going to pardon him, now is the time.  

And even though I don't trust him to do the right thing for morality's sake, I do have complete confidence in the veracity of his testimony.  

Once again, Cohen has a million and two items that assure Cohen tells the truth:  One million pieces of evidence.  And Cohen's balls in a vice.

oh I'm not giving Cohen the benefit of the doubt, only saying that something is going on behind the scenes. I mean... based on what we see and what you said, either

• Cohen is angling for a pardon and doesn't want to cross Trump
  • Trump knows wrongdoing that Cohen's FIL engaged in and is threatening Cohen that he will reveal it (didn't he somewhat already via twitter?)
  • Cohen may now be a witness in " obstruction of justice or witness intimidation" that Trump engaged in by THREATENING Cohen, so now Cohen has to provide more evidence so that Mueller can use this latest episode in court.

What else could it be

8 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

How sad that these stories don't even make the national news anymore. For the record, this is the 19th mass shooting in 23 days and there were 9 shot of which 5 died so far. Thoughts & prayers.

I'm somewhat happy they don't make national news because they are largely cherry picked. This things happen so often that I wonder why some are picked out for national coverage and some aren't.

JayOzOne likes this