Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

122,583 posts in this topic

Interesting...

CNN reporting that Cohen postpones his testimony to Congress.  He cites threats by Trump (to his father, presumably) as the reason.  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Interesting...

CNN reporting that Cohen postpones his testimony to Congress.  He cites threats by Trump (to his father, presumably) as the reason.  

Hmmm....

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

1 hour ago, Statick said:

It wasn't the doctors that got her pregnant, it was a male nurse.

Still, how two doctors couldn't suss out that a coma patient was pregnant just goes to show they were either incompetent or not truly examining their patients enough to notice.

We should be able to trust nurses as well. 

The world according to Garp was a movie, not real life. 

16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

^^^

giphy.gif

Dude, what's up with all the avatar changes lately.  You're ruining your brand.  I like to be able to recognized posters by their avatar.  You are making it tougher everyday. 

Everybody in attendance took the question as a joke until the last guy started dropping facts. God bless AOC for helping make this a serious conversation

lostone likes this

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Apparently the Democratic South Bend mayor is announcing that he’s running for president.  There are probably going to be over 18 Dem candidates in this race.

FML.

Let them run lets vet them out and find the best candidate. The more the merrier, can't complain about how HRC was the chosen one with little competition and then the next election flip out when we have a ton of people running.

20 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It is killing Trump that he won't get his TV appearance. 

Pelosi isn't going to allow that to happen. edit: Yep, she just said so. Unless the government is reopened, suck it.

He'll end up going to Bumf*ck, WV or someplace in the form of those egotistical rally speeches he loves so much.

42 minutes ago, jidady said:

Enty at CDAN is about to do a podcast this week on Dan Schneider, too.

I'd love to see what he has to say. People on the internet have been talking about Schneider forever but I've never heard anything substantive about him. It usually boils down to, "He's a creepy looking fat guy who works with kids and is into feet." A big part of me feels that might just be it and he hasn't done anything bad/illegal but what do I know.

21 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

I'd love to see what he has to say. People on the internet have been talking about Schneider forever but I've never heard anything substantive about him. It usually boils down to, "He's a creepy looking fat guy who works with kids and is into feet." A big part of me feels that might just be it and he hasn't done anything bad/illegal but what do I know.

Oh no. Oh nonono. It's an open secret in Hollywood that he's molested many (almost) teen actresses and may be the father of Britney Spear's younger sister's child. He's a monster. 

55 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

It is killing Trump that he won't get his TV appearance. 

He can do it from the oval office. Screw all those interruptions, applause, and jeers anyways. Just get the message out. 

5 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

There is that, yes, and that is the correct option. Private health insurance is an objectively failed market that needs to go. The only reason to say otherwise is if you want to protect your corporate donors.

Beyond that, there is also the necessity to create universal programs so everyone is in it together and a wedge can't be create between those who have one or the other which we see all the time in this country with similar programs. Likewise, we all should have learned very important lessons about opt in programs over the past 10 years with Medicaid expansion and the Obamacare markets.

It is unpopular with the public. Creating a system safe from sabotage only works if the system is popular. Medicare, CHIP, and Medicaid are not universal, but they generally weather sabotage because they are both extremely popular. M4Am would absorb those programs and expand it. M4Am would probably conservatively control around 60% of the market by year 6. 

M4Am is opt out, not opt in. If you got to a hospital without health insurance, you will be covered under M4Am and premiums are taken out of your refund. Children at birth and adults turning 65 are auto-enrolled.  State's Maintenence of effort payments are opt in, but there are mechanisms to get states to join, plus current expansion states get a reduction in payments.

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

@GEORGIAfan

Looks like we're not getting anything we want with this leadership.

:flush: 

1 hour ago, bdog 29 said:

Everybody in attendance took the question as a joke until the last guy started dropping facts. God bless AOC for helping make this a serious conversation

Dell is spot on.  Also, like myself, we know how to allocate what we give better than the government ever will...unless you mean waste, then the government has us beat.  

Here is the tax rates since Federal Income Tax was enacted with the 16th amendment. 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He can do it from the oval office. Screw all those interruptions, applause, and jeers anyways. Just get the message out. 

The baby wants to do it in front of Congress. Pelosi already offered him the ability to do it in the Oval Office and to just send a written SOTU to the house. 

5b88e5e82000007e0937af90.jpeg?cache=yell

13 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Dell is spot on.  Also, like myself, we know how to allocate what we give better than the government ever will...unless you mean waste, then the government has us beat.  

Here is the tax rates since Federal Income Tax was enacted with the 16th amendment. 

https://bradfordtaxinstitute.com/Free_Resources/Federal-Income-Tax-Rates.aspx

Lol

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

The baby wants to do it in front of Congress. Pelosi already offered him the ability to do it in the Oval Office and to just send a written SOTU to the house. 

5b88e5e82000007e0937af90.jpeg?cache=yell

She just doesn't want Trump to track bullsh*t on the Congressional carpets.

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this