Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,525 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

Amazing 

BoA also finally gave back fees they charged in the past few years due to a class action lawsuit.

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

Chris Christie is one of those type of sleeze balls that wears it on his sleeve, so it's bearable and somewhat welcomed. There's no veneer of "righteousness" that Pence, Trump, McConnell et al put on. ****... lol President Christie, the lesser of two evils.

Already two people have been indicted for felonies for lying to the Intelligence Committee: Cohen and Stone.  Mueller had to obtain both of their transcripts from the House Intelligence Committee before he could file those charges. Will the House Intelligence send Mueller anybody else’s transcripts like they promise? They can’t until they have the Intelligence Committee is up and running, and they can't do that until they have a full list of members. So far the 'R's are not naming any members for the Intelligence Committee. Why hold up what needs to be done?

HolyMoses likes this

3 hours ago, AF89 said:

lol

This is going to get interesting. For the past few years, the GOP have looked at Trump as "infallible," the "unbullyable," but that's not how the NRA or the hard right works... I am looking to see what happens when Trump gets "hard closed" on "the base's priorities," will he snap? Will he sever? Will he melt?

15 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Don't be silly. 

None of that matters. You didn't learn from 2016? Criticism over ******** matters a ton except with Trump. If it's an easy talking point against the Dem, it matters. 

It's not fair but it is what it is. 

The Dem candidate has to absolutely kill it on messaging and do so with the right people. And it's a wide swath of people. If the messaging isn't right the ******** absolutely matters. 

Don't be silly. You're 100% under normal circumstances. Normal being the operative word. I would bet that 15% of the people who voted for Trump because they wanted a change from BAU with politicians running government would eagerly change that vote today, no matter who the opponent is. He's burnt too many bridges, especially with the shutdown and tariffs. I'd also bet there is a surge in anti-Trump voter registrations in 2020. I don't see Wisconsin, Pennsylvania or Michigan repeating their mistakes and I can also imagine that many of the 1.4 million newly eligible Floridians are going to make that state purple (at least). 

Okay, I apologize for the "silly" remark. But I don't see Trump's current situation turning around and people are likely to mobilize in great numbers to flush our National Turd. With that said, I can easily imagine a Democrat president with a Republican Senate to rein him/her in.

29 minutes ago, jidady said:

I believe this as much as I believe anything else you post.

Check the posts and the timeline...I'M actually posting at a red light now in Thornburg VA coming back from the lake.

@WhenFalconsWin never disappears even when traveling hundreds of miles.

18 minutes ago, big_dog said:

Already two people have been indicted for felonies for lying to the Intelligence Committee: Cohen and Stone.  Mueller had to obtain both of their transcripts from the House Intelligence Committee before he could file those charges. Will the House Intelligence send Mueller anybody else’s transcripts like they promise? They can’t until they have the Intelligence Committee is up and running, and they can't do that until they have a full list of members. So far the 'R's are not naming any members for the Intelligence Committee. Why hold up what needs to be done?

The entire GOP is complicit now.  And I’ve long thought that at some point these silly tactics (especially the crap Nunes pulled) could cross the line into obstruction of justice.

Big_Dog and falconsd56 like this

Also, at some point Pelosi is within her rights to rewrite the House rules regarding committee assignments and partisan composition.  Just declare that the composition of the House Intelligence Committee will be 100% Democrats and be done with them. If they want to play games, then let’s play games.

The Branch, Big_Dog and Door Gunner like this

20 minutes ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

Republicans love to call legitimate Progressives "Bernie Bros" because it's an attack that divides Democrats

Serge likes this

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

oh my gawd:ninja::ninja:

sry I know it's wrong but I'm weak

Yeah, I would prefer that we focus on the words (well, lies) spoken rather than the physical appearance critiques.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this