Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

124,161 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Dems need to write legislation that ends all future shutdowns and dare Republicans to block it.  Force Republicans to explain to the public why shutdowns are a good way to govern.

Coincidentally:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/426459-senate-dem-introduces-stop-stupidity-act-to-end-government-shutdowns

Senate Dem introduces 'Stop Stupidity' act to end government shutdowns

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Dems need to write legislation that ends all future shutdowns and dare Republicans to block it.  Force Republicans to explain to the public why shutdowns are a good way to govern.

My best guess is that McConnell wouldn't bring it to a vote, say some of the usual GOP ********, Dems would try to shame them, and then remember for the millionth time that Republicans are incapable of shame.

mdrake34 likes this

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

My best guess is that McConnell wouldn't bring it to a vote, say some of the usual GOP ********, Dems would try to shame them, and then remember for the millionth time that Republicans are incapable of shame.

Then make it an election issue and appeal directly to the 2 million government workers.  They would pick up a lot of those votes and also appeal to moderate voters who are sick of the dysfunction in Washington.

19 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Then make it an election issue and appeal directly to the 2 million government workers.  They would pick up a lot of those votes and also appeal to moderate voters who are sick of the dysfunction in Washington.

I doubt moderate voters will really give a ****, since I don't think they've ever really cared about shutdowns by the time elections rolled around, but doing it to appeal to the government workers is a much better route. It'd also be really smart to point out the tens of millions who are affected by this, from those who require earned benefit programs to get by to the tribes that not getting the federal aid that they need and are entitled to, and then point to how you're trying to fix it so they can get on with their lives.

5 hours ago, big_dog said:

Thank God and Greyhound she's gone :slick: She never tells the truth anyway so good riddance beeatch.:tiphat:

Trump: I've told Sarah Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings

President Trump said in a Tuesday tweet that he's directed White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders "not to bother" with press briefings because "certain members of the press" cover her "rudely" and "inaccurately. "The reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the "podium" much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!"

Next to drop out of site should be Rudy Giuliani and Kelly Ann Conway. They are morons. His good people flew the coop and the bad ones got jail time. The Washington Post fact-check writes: President Trump made 8,158 false or misleading claims in his first two years That's got to tell you something.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I thought it was perfect when it happened but it just keeps getting better and better.

mdrake34 likes this

1 minute ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

1. That is one of the most poorly formatted sites I have gone to in a while. JFC

2. http://www.cornellpolicyreview.com/rise-fall-vermonts-single-payer-plan/

kn.gif

or example, in the years since Act 48’s passage, Shumlin and the state legislature had responded to lobbying by business interests and adjusted the law to allow nonresidents working in Vermont to join Green Mountain Care. They also implemented changes that raised the actuarial value of coverage — the expected portion of medical costs covered by a plan rather than by out-of-pocket spending — from 87% to 94% and eliminated the state’s taxes on medical providers. While not necessarily bad policies on their own, they had the cumulative effect of increasing the cost of the program while decreasing the revenue necessary to pay for it. A 2014 analysis conducted by the Shumlin administration estimated that to raise the necessary amount needed to pay for the program, it would need to increase payroll taxes by 11.5 percent and the state income tax by 9 percent and would only save 1.6 percent in costs, much higher numbers and lower savings than many had expected.

So it was business interests that wanted to reduce out of pocket spending. Remind me again how much out of pocket spending Bernie's M4A plan has again? 

Also thanks for backing up my claim that costs were high because they were too generous with coverage. 

10 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

or example, in the years since Act 48’s passage, Shumlin and the state legislature had responded to lobbying by business interests and adjusted the law to allow nonresidents working in Vermont to join Green Mountain Care. They also implemented changes that raised the actuarial value of coverage — the expected portion of medical costs covered by a plan rather than by out-of-pocket spending — from 87% to 94% and eliminated the state’s taxes on medical providers. While not necessarily bad policies on their own, they had the cumulative effect of increasing the cost of the program while decreasing the revenue necessary to pay for it. A 2014 analysis conducted by the Shumlin administration estimated that to raise the necessary amount needed to pay for the program, it would need to increase payroll taxes by 11.5 percent and the state income tax by 9 percent and would only save 1.6 percent in costs, much higher numbers and lower savings than many had expected.

So it was business interests that wanted to reduce out of pocket spending. Remind me again how much out of pocket spending Bernie's M4A plan has again? 

Also thanks for backing up my claim that costs were high because they were too generous with coverage. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Serge said:

I don't think Millennials have any special affinity for wine coolers, certainly not like boomers have an affinity for hours and hours of cable news.

Those mom jeans look natural on you and your Gen-X friends.   

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

giphy.gif

YRE67xB.png

The two other policies make up around 360 million in tax savings, but the provider tax would still be getting paid for by the tax as it is passed on. 

Yij0aXv.png

14% of a 4.3 billion dollar system is 602 million dollars. 

Reducing out of pocket spending was the driver of the rising costs. 

5 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

YRE67xB.png

The two other policies make up around 360 million in tax savings, but the provider tax would still be getting paid for by the tax as it is passed on. 

Yij0aXv.png

14% of a 4.3 billion dollar system is 602 million dollars. 

Reducing out of pocket spending was the driver of the rising costs. 

I think you misread something. They added out of state workers to the plans at the behest of business interests, which added $200+ million in costs.

17 hours ago, ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ said:

piss me the **** off these ******* foreigners violating our constitution

They can't violate our Constitution. The violators are the americans who let them wipe their ***** with the document.