Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

123,175 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’m enjoying living in a time when guitar driven rock music has never been less relevant.

our generation helped drive indie rock and alt-country and all sorts of other music, which I understand you don't really enjoy but is still in large part guitar driven and widely enjoyed.  That pop music is less so is a different thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I saw Beavis and Butthead Do America at my local mall cinema.

Did you follow it up with a trip to the food court and gold mine arcade to play street fighter or mortal kombat?

jidady and Serge like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have been okay with 80's music if I knew what music to listen to, but I wouldn't have because the internet didn't exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponge most Def has a boomer soul. 

Refuses to accept criticism and constantly deflects blame to everyone else. 

I picture that Simpsons meme everytime lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

our generation helped drive indie rock and alt-country and all sorts of other music, which I understand you don't really enjoy but is still in large part guitar driven and widely enjoyed.  That pop music is less so is a different thing.

If I ever get that synthesizer I’ve been talking about you’re welcome to bring a keytar over and jam with me.

Gaear Grimsrud and Serge like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Billy Ocean said:

If I ever get that synthesizer I’ve been talking about you’re welcome to bring a keytar over and jam with me.

I got to rock a keytar once.  Made me wish i was wearing my swj tho.

Serge and Billy Ocean like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Reading this page makes me feel like, you Millennials and Gen-Xers, are all standing around in mom jeans and drinking wine coolers, do I about have that right? 

We're vaping CBD oil.

Serge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Reading this page makes me feel like, you Millennials and Gen-Xers, are all standing around in mom jeans and drinking wine coolers, do I about have that right? 

I don't think Millennials have any special affinity for wine coolers, certainly not like boomers have an affinity for hours and hours of cable news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Watching music videos from the 80s, especially hair metal stuff, makes me glad I never lived during such a bleak period of history.

your grandkids will say the same about the internet; facebook, twitter, etc.  They'll wonder how people stayed on a computers for hours, self advertising themselves.

Of course they'll be at the local VR cafe for 8 hrs to escape reality like Minority Report.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WOR said:

Sponge most Def has a boomer soul. 

Refuses to accept criticism and constantly deflects blame to everyone else. 

I picture that Simpsons meme everytime lol 

Meaning I don't scream at the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

I’m enjoying living in a time when guitar driven rock music has never been less relevant.

Greta Van Fleet was just on SNL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

your grandkids will say the say about the internet; facebook, twitter, etc.  They'll wonder how people stayed on a computers for hours, self advertising themselves.

Of course they'll be at the local VR cafe for 8 hrs to escape reality like Minority Report.

I'm not going to explain facebook to my grandkids, so I'm just going to do my part in making it disappear forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

our generation helped drive indie rock and alt-country and all sorts of other music, which I understand you don't really enjoy but is still in large part guitar driven and widely enjoyed.  That pop music is less so is a different thing.

There's so much music available now, guitar music could be more popular than ever and still feel like it isn't centered in our culture anything like it used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WOR said:

Oh God here comes a guitar discussion 

We're talking keytars now so it's ok.

Best keytar riff of all time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Greta Van Fleet was just on SNL.

They are a boy band for older classic rock fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gaear Grimsrud said:

We're talking keytars now so it's ok.

Best keytar riff of all time?

There's too much Florida happening in this post for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

your grandkids will say the same about the internet; facebook, twitter, etc.  They'll wonder how people stayed on a computers for hours, self advertising themselves.

Of course they'll be at the local VR cafe for 8 hrs to escape reality like Minority Report.

I'll be part of the hivemind with them telling them about how pepe the frog became a Nazi symbol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

your grandkids will say the same about the internet; facebook, twitter, etc.  They'll wonder how people stayed on a computers for hours, self advertising themselves.

Of course they'll be at the local VR cafe for 8 hrs to escape reality like Minority Report.

My grandkids will be too busy on the front lines of the great climate wars, trying to secure drinking water, arable land, and freedom from regional fiefdoms, most likely.

♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gaear Grimsrud said:

My grandkids will be too busy on the front lines of the great climate wars, trying to secure drinking water, arable land, and freedom from regional fiefdoms, most likely.

China is giving Taiwan until 2049 to rejoin the mainland. There's your WW3 start date. That's if Yellowstone doesn't erupt first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now