Monoxide

The Trump Presidency (take 2)

128,809 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I'm glad we're getting people paid. Bottom line is the Dems are not doing this 3 week thing in good faith, trust me. They'll do the same thing they did to Reagan, nothing will be resolved in three weeks when nothing has been done in 40 years.  In three weeks he will have to declare a national emergency. I would get out in front of this when he declares and have a conservative filed in a district that his declaration is illegal do it can go to a conservative district court can hear the case. If they don't someone will file for the 9th circuit. 

It will be upheld in a conservative court and the barrier will be started.  Cut the Dems off at the pass. 

It'd be nice of Trump to get bogged down in courts over the issue of stealing land and using disaster relief money to build his wall. Keeps this losing issue of his at the forefront for the election next year. Also gives us precedent to declare national emergencies over climate change and healthcare and seize industries that need to be seized. ^_^

Just now, Psychic Gibbon said:

It'd be nice of Trump to get bogged down in courts over the issue of stealing land and using disaster relief money to build his wall. Keeps this losing issue of his at the forefront for the election next year. Also gives us precedent to declare national emergencies over climate change and healthcare and seize industries that need to be seized. ^_^

I cannot address all your nonsense right now. Just had my tankless hot water fixed at the lake (bat in the exhaust fan) and now heading out the door for my appointed at the Land Rover dealership. I'll address this when I get back. I know y'all used this tactic to get the failed ACA...so we won't learn from the Dems on how to to follow bad precedence. 

12 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I cannot address all your nonsense right now. Just had my tankless hot water fixed at the lake (bat in the exhaust fan) and now heading out the door for my appointed at the Land Rover dealership. I'll address this when I get back. I know y'all used this tactic to get the failed ACA...so we won't learn from the Dems on how to to follow bad precedence. 

lol

Leon Troutsky likes this

1 hour ago, HolyMoses said:

So did I. Grade school, prep school, undergrad, Law school.    It’s been 27 years and I am still trying to wipe the arrogant out of my character. 

Putting this here for posterity.

According to Manuel Roig-Francis (WP)  during extensive interviews Stone talked about  “all these late night  phone calls that  Trump wouldn make to Roger stone, they would appear on his phone as coming in from an “unknown caller....”

It doesn’t really matter what he said after that because that indicates, once again, that Donald Trump Junior has absolutely perjured himself in his testimony to congress when he says he doesn’t know who the phone call he received in the middle of the Trump Tower meeting timeline was from and he did not know if his father used a blocked number. 

I will be greatly disappointed if Jr. doesn’t get indicted. 

I think Asange and the Family are in the cross hairs for the next round. 

As far as my schooling, I only went to private school for college, however... 

My high school was considered elitist and then I was in the magnet Program. So I was considered, elite of the elitist! Lol

And yes, it took a while to shake it off! :rolleyes:

HolyMoses likes this

40 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I wish I knew more about this private land at the border.    Do they have homes on their border property?   If they do, they probably already have fences, what with all these duck taped women and MS 13 killers  and their own families right there to be victims. 

So we don’t need to have fences going through their property, because their own fences are already there, right? 

Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Once again: He does not want a wall. He wants a rallying cry about building a wall. He's more than fine with going to court, knowing that his base will galvanize around the fight. There is zero chance that he will win a fight over eminent domain in Texas. To make things worse, If he were to try to seize land from wealthy land owners, that puts John Cornyn's Senate seat in danger.

Trump absolutely does not want the wall.

9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Baltimore PD has dogs sniff cars in the inner city for drugs, which is legal. They don't do that in the more affluent areas, even with the knowledge that drug usage is relatively equal in all areas. Tells you two things about the drug war:

1) It's not about stopping drug usage. Nothing that law enforcement has ever done has put the smallest dent in the market for drugs. In fact, history has shown that prohibition makes said market more robust.

2) The business of policing is more important than the role of policing. If you're warehousing prisoners, best not to mess with those who can afford attorneys.

2 hours ago, Statick said:

This what I wanted the Falcons to do before the fourth quarter of the game that shan't be named

5 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They want to lose again so badly.

She didn't endorse Harris. With that being said, I actually agree that for as bad as Harris' record as a prosecutor may be, the only reason to prefer Trump over her if she's the Dem nominee is because you're (a) rich and greedy for more tax cuts and financial deregulation (b) sexist or (c) racist. That's not to say that I prefer Harris over the Democratic field.

I guess I can add (d) Cuban.

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

6 minutes ago, big_dog said:

If got a wall for him

Image result for trump with 2020 prison number gif

I can't wait for the movie about this presidency. The final montage showing all of the crooks (Trump, Junior, Kushner, Pence, et.al.) being arrested and doing a perp walk to the strains of John Mellencamp's "Crumblin' Down" might be the one that wins that flick the Oscar.

5 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

They want to lose again so badly.

I was seeing it on Reddit threads yesterday. And now progressives know what it feels like to legitimately criticise The Last Jedi.

Edited by ♒Sn4tteRBoxXeR♒

27 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

She didn't endorse Harris. With that being said, I actually agree that for as bad as Harris' record as a prosecutor may be, the only reason to prefer Trump over her if she's the Dem nominee is because you're (a) rich and greedy for more tax cuts and financial deregulation (b) sexist or (c) racist. That's not to say that I prefer Harris over the Democratic field.

I guess I can add (d) Cuban.

I’d only vote for her if she wins the nomination. F her in the primary though.

JayOzOne, Sn4tteRBoxXeR and AF89 like this

2 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

I don’t think conservatives like the idea of a president being able to falsely claim an “emergency” without any check or limit.  That ends badly for them the next time a Dem has the presidency.

AF89 and mdrake34 like this

Just now, lostone said:

Kamala is about to get me kicked out of my family’s cookout

insert spiderman points at spiderman pic

tell them she's half indian, it may be presented in bad faith but if it works it works

On 1/25/2019 at 1:35 PM, mdrake34 said:

Which makes one have to wonder, again, what kind of hellworld is Steve King's district in Iowa.

For whoever suggested that Assange was Mueller’s next target, this is from a few months ago...

A court document filed by mistake has revealed that the Justice Department has filed undisclosed criminal charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

In a slip unearthed by a former U.S. intelligence official and posted on Twitter, Assange’s name appears twice in an August court filing by a federal prosecutor in Virginia — an argument to keep sealed an unrelated case involving an accused child sex criminal.

The prosecutor wrote that the charges and arrest warrant “would need to remain sealed until Assange is arrested in connection with the charges in the criminal complaint and can therefore no longer evade or avoid arrest and extradition in this matter.”

At another point in the document, the prosecutor wrote that “due to the sophistication of the defendant and the publicity surrounding the case, no other procedure is likely to keep confidential the fact that Assange has been charged.”

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

I can't wait for the movie about this presidency. The final montage showing all of the crooks (Trump, Junior, Kushner, Pence, et.al.) being arrested and doing a perp walk to the strains of John Mellencamp's "Crumblin' Down" might be the one that wins that flick the Oscar.

I personally would prefer "prison bound" by Social Distortion